Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why nature chooses pairs, couples, for survival:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

áš  : 8696

Why nature chooses pairs, couples, for survival: Empty
PostSubject: Why nature chooses pairs, couples, for survival:   Why nature chooses pairs, couples, for survival: Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Man is there to be disclosed as power. He is disclosed as such by his proper Woman, who gives him what he needs in order to will his own actions - the value in terms of which he may value himself accurately, optimally.

Woman is there to be disclosed as value. She is disclosed as such by her proper Man, who exerts his power to keep and protect and bring to fruition her value.

The optimal expression of potential (for both power and value) is to assume a 'blind duality' - where both partners know where they are to, on the one hand, 'simply be what they are' and on the other 'do their utmost to let the other simply be what he/she is'.

-----
these are the most basic abstractions.
Within the contemporary creature we know as Mankind, these gender roles are fulfilled within each sex on a number of intertwining levels. But all men and women yearn for this basic division, which is the holy grail of magic: the "proper placement of forces" where the whole exceeds in value the sum of its parts.

You can not find yourself before you've found the other. There may be many others, and many discoveries of the self - to an artist, love has become instrumental, in the Muse, the woman has become immaterial, abstract. Still, art may one day transcend the domain of the chandala and pertain to the actual world - when the Muse roots back into a Helen of Troy, spawns an age of action, wakens the monster.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1