Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Depression is the Revolution

Go down 
+2
James S Saint
Fixed Cross
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Depression is the Revolution Empty
PostSubject: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:52 am

In a reply to Blurry on ILP I wrote the following, which culminated in an idea that I think must be spread throughout our whole depressed society, and is summarized in this threads title.

The main problem with diagnosing depression is the assumption that it is wholly due to the individual, and has nothing to do with environment. That's simply idiotic. All in all, given the state of affairs in this world (increasingly robotized and homogenized, much hope for interesting futures eradicated) it is very unnatural or narcissistic to not suffer from "clinical" depression.

It's natural that an affirmation of a positive element in the environment (such as a genuinely empathic and understanding mother) is a profound release from the causes of depression.

I dealt with my own depression a few years back by making an effort to re unite my family and take a way a feeling of despair my mom was suffering from. I improved my closest environment slightly and this resulted in a powerful healing process from which others benefitted as well.

Depression is largely the result of the idea that the world is globalized, one, both incredibly large and unchangeable as well as totally dimwitted, sociopathic. Just look at what depression started to become a "clinical" diagnosis. It's a reflection of the world, and all you can do about it is turn inward in your circle (if you have it) and become outwardly critical, stop believing in "the world". It doesn't exist, only in the minds of those who seek to exploit, and the depressed.

Congratulations on your depression, and on finding the true way of dealing with it.

Viva la depresión!

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 am

I mean that depression is the state of mind which is the soil from which the revolution must follow, if it is left unmedicated.
Thus, depression-medication is a direct means to stop the revolution.
This makes so much sense to me, fuck.
I've always known.

The most extreme result of depression, suicide, is among the most radical revolutionary means available to man.
But whatever is the unmedicated result, it must be revolutionary, re-valuating. There is no other way, since depression is the state of mind that is bred on the ground of nihilism.

The only choice is: drone or revolutionary.

Value ontology was born in the aftermath of a suicide.

I am right in this, my whole nervous system is singing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 am

That The World only exists in the mind of the exploiter and the depressed, couples with the idea that depression is the revolution in this way: The World At Large is subject to only these two: the capital and the revolutionary.

It does not exist to the one who is passively happy and non-sociopathic. Such a person lives always in a bubble, in a secured perimeter of self-valuing, healthy and ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 am

So here is the conflict as it re-emerges:
One can battle depression either by reinforcing ones own "bubble" (negatively put, I simply mean a sphere of self-valuing) or by aggressively engaging the supposed sphere that is The World, from ones individual core values, i.e. primal rage.

Core Value + World At Large = Primal Rage.

But the first option is also a revolutionary act. If one re-enforces the family/local sphere, manages to make this a healthy organism with a sound "anentropic shell", then one has already broken the hegemony of The World At Large.

The very objective and power-will of the TWAL is that it breaks down all smaller orders, forces the individual to value itself in terms of this whole, rather in terms of the value-projections that this whole secretes inward. In turn, the whole only exists by the response to those values from the great number of subjects who fall for it.

As soon as these numbers turn back inward, the whole collapses.
Back to top Go down
James S Saint
rational metaphysicist
rational metaphysicist

: 270

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:12 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
The main problem with diagnosing depression is the assumption that it is wholly due to the individual, and has nothing to do with environment. That's simply idiotic. All in all, given the state of affairs in this world (increasingly robotized and homogenized, much hope for interesting futures eradicated) it is very unnatural or narcissistic to not suffer from "clinical" depression.

It's natural that an affirmation of a positive element in the environment (such as a genuinely empathic and understanding mother) is a profound release from the causes of depression.

I dealt with my own depression a few years back by making an effort to re unite my family and take a way a feeling of despair my mom was suffering from. I improved my closest environment slightly and this resulted in a powerful healing process from which others benefitted as well.

Depression is largely the result of the idea that the world is globalized, one, both incredibly large and unchangeable as well as totally dimwitted, sociopathic. Just look at what depression started to become a "clinical" diagnosis. It's a reflection of the world, and all you can do about it is turn inward in your circle (if you have it) and become outwardly critical, stop believing in "the world". It doesn't exist, only in the minds of those who seek to exploit, and the depressed.

Congratulations on your depression, and on finding the true way of dealing with it.

Viva la depresión!
One of the best commentaries on Depression I have ever read.
But then, I have been telling people that for 20 years, so maybe I'm biased. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks. Yes, it does not surprise me that you agree.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Depression is the art of killing inwards, though it is sadly usually experienced as a self-motivating sort of inward killing virus instead of an impulse that can be motivationally described, as you have. People call their self a virus and attack it aggressively, with the joyful help of the hidden priests of medicine.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Only an honest look at the impulses attacked by ones self during depression, taking control of the depressive impulse itself while respecting its destructive power, can make it useful.

The revolutionary is and always has been much more useless than the exploiter, which is why even they hate themselves.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:22 pm

And on the subject of love, depression well experienced is first and foremost an act of love/hate as instinctual grasp of value while exploitation is an act of fear/cozyness in the same sense.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 pm

You are a Brother of the Left Hand Path if I ever knew one.
I like how you see things very much. And of course, I recognize much.
However, I think that what you describe is not so much depression as spontaneous occult initiation.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Here we are back at the question of the Temple.

The occult initiate must build the temple to serve as a vehicle for those who do not spontaneously self-ignite into the chosen paradigm.

I have been looking at images of Cathedrals and I always come to the sense that they stimulate a sense of enclosedness, and then I realized that the greatest virtue of these buildings was that the housed people, protected them from harm.

Within safe confines of the Church, one could seek deeper than every day rain and wind, toiling in the mud and being beaten down over some cattle or a bag of grain.

But now the safety has encompassed us as the State. The State is the narrow confines of the Christian temple. The new temple would be a lens, allowing a perspective to escape his compressed modification.

Light thus and glass.
Back to top Go down
Coben

: 1

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

The main problem with diagnosing depression is the assumption that it is wholly due to the individual, and has nothing to do with environment.
And there are a lot of reason they pathologize individuals: 1) you sell brain Products to these individuals/Money 2) it's easier than dealing with society level problems 3) people love magic bullets and pills are magic bullets, or, at least, attempts to be magic bullets.

It's not just the pharmaceutical companies, their clients collude with them to pathologize themselves. That the pharaceutical companies and psychiatric organizations Control media aids in this collusion.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 am

Hello Coben, welcome here.

You are right about influences and incentives upon people (doctors, patience, everyone else) to pathologizing individuals when it comes to depression, and to ignore society-level concerns. The effect is sort of self-sustaining, the more one is "depressed" the more one is told that ONESELF is the problem, and blames oneself. Pills and therapy are prescribed, with little emphasis on examining one's situation/environment, relationships, and nutritional intake, which are the true (present-situational) causes of depression.

Depression is just a kind of self-feeding psychological mechanism that applies filters to experience, to create certain tendencies and dis-create others. Depression is learned, and a direct consequence of inadequate philosophizing, which is to say one becomes injured in the course of living, as is inevitable, but this injury festers deeper in "unconsciousness" and is not dealt with. Subsequent effects of this deep injuring work together to produce the self-sustaining phenomenon called depression. Two primary of these effects being: 1) inability to map/plan and intend one's life and decisions, thus getting trapped in situations and environments which are undesirable or harmful, and 2) lack of motivation in the face of hardship/improper environment, this lack being the consequence of a lack of strength and "confidence".

1 and 2 stem directly from an inadequacy of consciousness to its own need and purpose, which is to say an inadequacy of philosophy. And those society-level concerns you mention are very good at keeping "philosophy" (rational/clear thinking and knowing) away from most people's lives and concern.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Coben wrote:
3) people love magic bullets and pills are magic bullets, or, at least, attempts to be magic bullets.

It's not just the pharmaceutical companies, their clients collude with them to pathologize themselves.

Certainly. It is always bizarre, the extent to which the average human allows others to tamper with him. One wonders if not most beings are unfortunate accidents in the first place, to have such terribly low standards.

The human being who takes pills to kill his depression is responsible for the decision to radically alter his brain. Doctors try and make this decision for you but they can't, not unless you've committed a crime, so when they tried it on me, I simply refused to take the shit. Instead I set in motion a chain of events that led me out of my depression and onto a path to power.

It is different when we're dealing with children. Parents allow doctors to stuff them with Ritalin and screw them up before they have a chance to think things through. I'm not sure how heavy ritalin is but recently I am hearing bad news about it. In the meantime a whole generation is growing up on it.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:13 pm

It is "speed".

Any parent who gives that shit to their kids deserves to be shot in the face. Or, more seriously, to not be a parent at all.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Oikos
Modern Greek
Modern Greek

: 54

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 am

Depression: a state of mental energy reduction.
The external world depresses the mind, forcing it inward, into the darkness of its own self-pity.

Modernity depresses in that it only offers materialistic, hedonistic, avenues for expending energies, the rest forced into repression causing stress/anxiety.

The liberation of females and the restriction of masculine responses, depresses males.

Depression can also be the result of disenchantment with an idealized object/objective, one it is approached, or attained to a degree.
The disappointment caused by the discrepancy between the IDEAL and the REAL causes the mind to flinch backwards, back into its cranial shell.
A period of depression follows. Then a new IDEAL goads the mind out of itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression is the Revolution   Depression is the Revolution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depression is the Revolution
Page 1 of 1