Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Acting and the Daemonic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Acting and the Daemonic Empty
PostSubject: Acting and the Daemonic   Acting and the Daemonic Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:46 pm

It occurs to me that the art of acting in theatre/film has a strong relationship to the type of philosophizing that becomes possible when the contingent nature of the egoic psyche has been divined, and when a speculative ethics becomes the only option to arrive at - or rather to aim at, direct oneself towards, even believe in experiential truth. Truth has then taken on a new meaning, not so much deeper maybe as simply less to do with history as to present.
Back to top Go down
Imafungi
bowstring
bowstring

: 48

Acting and the Daemonic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting and the Daemonic   Acting and the Daemonic Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:12 am

This is a very thought provoking thought. I understand what you mean, it reminds me of a kind of disillusion of ego that can occur when one is having fun or absolutely focused on ones work. But mainly what I thought of is the idea of being an actor for ones entire life, never being a concrete self, but perpetually acting. Taking on different roles in different circumstances, who was it that said life is but a stage. I know I am probably missing your point but I did grasp what you meant when I read it, I swear.
Back to top Go down

Acting and the Daemonic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Parnassus-
Jump to: