Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How can the physical be all there is?

Go down 
+3
chise
individualized
Abstract
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

: 188

How can the physical be all there is? Empty
PostSubject: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

The physical is by virtue of what we call laws of nature, of science. But how can the answer to understanding reality be explained by physicality for that would require explaining the laws that allow and govern physicality by means of physicality.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 am

Abstract wrote:
The physical is by virtue of what we call laws of nature, of science. But how can the answer to understanding reality be explained by physicality for that would require explaining the laws that allow and govern physicality by means of physicality.

I tend to think of physicality as a merely sufficient relatability between forms (of energy, or whatever). Forms attain to certain degrees of scope, influencing power and "force" potential (i.e. to act as a resistance to/against other forces). The extent to which this "degree of scope..." overlaps from one form/entity to another would be the extent that each entity "perceives" (experiences, is affected by) the other as "physical", i.e. as solid or substantial.

Thus I tend to think that we already have a means of explaining the laws of nature in a way that appeals to a basic, rational understanding of physicality. In other words I see no problem here.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Capable wrote:
Abstract wrote:

I tend to think of physicality as a merely sufficient relatability between forms (of energy, or whatever). Forms attain to certain degrees of scope, influencing power and "force" potential (i.e. to act as a resistance to/against other forces). The extent to which this "degree of scope..." overlaps from one form/entity to another would be the extent that each entity "perceives" (experiences, is affected by) the other as "physical", i.e. as solid or substantial.

Thus I tend to think that we already have a means of explaining the laws of nature in a way that appeals to a basic, rational understanding of physicality. In other words I see no problem here.
Perhaps I shouldn't have related this only to physicality... perhaps what I am asking is how can we explain the laws without referencing other laws, and as such how can we explain all laws...
Back to top Go down
chise

: 9

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Abstract wrote:

Interesting. One such law that I see needing addressing would be: what holds the form of a physicality at a subatomic level, into a togetherness; what force, mysterious law holds the physical intact; the beloved atoms what is there link and connection to each other? how do they know to form a relationship? what is the intelligence of the atom?
Back to top Go down
chise

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:32 pm

In having to undress and strip the beloved, layer per layer, garment after undergarmet, we arive at the heart which is the nuclei, within it - are pulsating arteries called, protons, deep inside the pulsation we find the quark.

(The layers are levels of reality? Each reality is held up by consciousness and energy? And when these levels are tighted, pressed together and coagulated, by a mind (?) we have matter in its rawest state as it appears?
The deeper the reality; the smaller the particle, the more powerful the energy.. as evidenced by the atomic bomb... The levels of reality and their make up is a mystery. I posit that what some see that isn't visible on the level we're accustomed to is a form from these other levels? the unusual, that which remains unexplained, such as instantenous healings, instant manifestations, are fits performed through the accessing of these other realms and their energetic fields? in cases of death and dying, the corruption and decay of the human body, the unseen personality self goes to such realms, unseen worlds?

Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:39 pm

chise wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Interesting. One such law that I see needing addressing would be: what holds the form of a physicality at a subatomic level, into a togetherness; what force, mysterious law holds the physical intact; the beloved atoms what is there link and connection to each other? how do they know to form a relationship? what is the intelligence of the atom?
Though not an answer, I have recently considered that love and gravity are the same thing...exactly.

things are similar because things see them as such; thus it is by perception that things are united just as it is by perception that things are parted... union through perception... is love?
Back to top Go down
chise

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Abstract wrote:
Though not an answer, I have recently considered that love and gravity are the same thing...exactly.

things are similar because things see them as such; thus it is by perception that things are united just as it is by perception that things are parted... union through perception... is love?

Similar insights have walked into my brain: love was seen to be, in it's grandest state. The glue that fastens the universe from crumbling into nothingness. The main ingredient firmly holding stuff at an individual and universal scale in their material forms.

The perception side of it wasn't considered much til lately.

, in being humbled enough, to perceive the individual self, not as a separate, but a oneness with the whole. of life (and yet within that, an individual) , imagining existence being merely an act of perception, is conceivable... as self centered and ego tripping as it sounds Smile

chise wrote:

Though not an answer, I have recently considered that love

if this is so, if The force binding the atoms together and holding the levels of reality within the atom in their shelves, is a loving perception from an observer, that does give the observer a tone of power & responsbility eh it implies that everything only comes to existence when it is looked at? where man isn't nature is fallow? matter is changeable with a change of perception? why isn't and how is matter mutated at a glance?
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:41 pm

chise wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Similar insights have walked into my brain: love was seen to be, in it's grandest state. The glue that fastens the universe from crumbling into nothingness. The main ingredient firmly holding stuff at an individual and universal scale in their material forms.

The perception side of it wasn't considered much til lately.

, in being humbled enough, to perceive the individual self, not as a separate, but a oneness with the whole. of life (and yet within that, an individual) , imagining existence being merely an act of perception, is conceivable... as self centered and ego tripping as it sounds Smile

chise wrote:

Though not an answer, I have recently considered that love

if this is so, if The force binding the atoms together and holding the levels of reality within the atom in their shelves, is a loving perception from an observer, that does give the observer a tone of power & responsbility eh it implies that everything only comes to existence when it is looked at? where man isn't nature is fallow? matter is changeable with a change of perception? why isn't and how is matter mutated at a glance?
It would seem contradictory to say something comes to existence only when it is looked at because in order to be looked at it must already be an existing thing capable of being looked at...

The reason (following this philosophy) that I would say matter cannot be changed , evidently, by a change in perception... is that you are thinking of individual perception change as the changing factor... I would not necessitate a oneness exactly that perceives, it is just as well that all individuals do and yet that which 'is' is the result of the...agreement... or rather happened perception or general perception of all beings... perhaps it is like the perceived average, except it is universal as all seem to be subject to this perception...In other words nothing is going to change unless we all agree on it. (for example if we wanted a heaven state, we would all have to agree on what that state would be...)

Back to top Go down
chise

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 pm

It would seem contradictory to say something comes to existence only when it is looked at because in order to be looked at it must already be an existing thing capable of being looked at

This is the true, if 'looking or seeing' is limited to the action of the visual perceptive organ, the eye. "Looking or seeing" starts with a visual image, and an intent to look at thing; the thing is first seen in the mind. This mental picture itself can be seen as a 'coming into existence' can't it? (thought is the first principle of creation) this was more of the line of thinking I was going by

The reason (following this philosophy) that I would say matter cannot be changed , evidently, by a change in perception... is that you are thinking of individual perception change as the changing factor... I would not necessitate a oneness exactly that perceives, it is just as well that all individuals do and yet that which 'is' is the result of the...agreement... or rather happened perception or general perception of all beings... perhaps it is like the perceived average, except it is universal as all seem to be subject to this perception...In other words nothing is going to change unless we all agree on it. (for example if we wanted a heaven state, we would all have to agree on what that state would be...)

This is also true, change would be easier and quickly if more people focused their energies on whatever it is they wanted to change. It is easier to believe in something when everyone else does and easy to doubt in something when noone else believes it. The reason I consider this possibility is from an encounter I have had with someone who really showed a certain degree of a mastery of mind over matter. As stated earlier perhaps accessing the hidden realms, the energetic fields of atoms at a nuclei level (atomic bomb stuff) can bring home this potential. Will let ya know when this philosophizing becomes an, actual realized truth!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm

chise wrote:
It would seem contradictory to say something comes to existence only when it is looked at because in order to be looked at it must already be an existing thing capable of being looked at

This is the true, if 'looking or seeing' is limited to the action of the visual perceptive organ, the eye. "Looking or seeing" starts with a visual image, and an intent to look at thing; the thing is first seen in the mind. This mental picture itself can be seen as a 'coming into existence' can't it? (thought is the first principle of creation) this was more of the line of thinking I was going by
Yet how is it that the percivers know of things such as to bring them into existence before having witnessed them, but that we already know all things? If so then our efforts to seek the truth by looking outside ourselves may be the least effective when(though truely in this case what is outside is a part of the one or the whole that we are) it would seem better to find the truth by looking into the self...

Quote :

This is also true, change would be easier and quickly if more people focused their energies on whatever it is they wanted to change. It is easier to believe in something when everyone else does and easy to doubt in something when no one else believes it. The reason I consider this possibility is from an encounter I have had with someone who really showed a certain degree of a mastery of mind over matter. As stated earlier perhaps accessing the hidden realms, the energetic fields of atoms at a nuclei level (atomic bomb stuff) can bring home this potential. Will let ya know when this philosophizing becomes an, actual realized truth!! Smile

And perhaps not only do others influence what is perceived as physical but also others and the will they might have to change things...
Back to top Go down
James S Saint
rational metaphysicist
rational metaphysicist

: 270

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Hmm..

Doesn't this thread belong under the "Anti-Science" or perhaps "The Occult" or "Inter-subjective" forums? Neutral

The cause of quantizing/particlizing is known and provable. But it cannot be physically seen and thus Science cannot physically verify it. It is instead in incontrovertible result of the math/logic involved.
Back to top Go down
chise

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Abstract wrote:
chise wrote:

Yet how is it that the percivers know of things such as to bring them into existence before having witnessed them, but that we already know all things? ...

Do we know all things? in other words is there a limit to what has come into existence? knowing or creating ideas seems limitless?
to what degree have we deliberately barricaded our ability to know and to create?

Abstract wrote:

If so then our efforts to seek the truth by looking outside ourselves may be the least effective when(though truely in this case what is outside is a part of the one or the whole that we are) it would seem better to find the truth by looking into the self

it would and is, unfortunately the road is treacherously paved with doubt and disbelief in self..: Perhaps, 'the pursuit' in truth. is a Journey to find our certitude in our ability to know and to create,.. any thing ?!

chise wrote:

This is also true, change would be easier and quickly if more people focused their energies on whatever it is they wanted to change. It is easier to believe in something when everyone else does and easy to doubt in something when no one else believes it. The reason I consider this possibility is from an encounter I have had with someone who really showed a certain degree of a mastery of mind over matter. As stated earlier perhaps accessing the hidden realms, the energetic fields of atoms at a nuclei level (atomic bomb stuff) can bring home this potential. Will let ya know when this philosophizing becomes an, actual realized truth!! Smile

And perhaps not only do others influence what is perceived as physical but also others and the will they might have to change things...

true, some do, others, inspire others by providing the ideal.. not the idol

Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:53 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Hmm..

Doesn't this thread belong under the "Anti-Science" or perhaps "The Occult" or "Inter-subjective" forums? Neutral

The cause of quantizing/particlizing is known and provable. But it cannot be physically seen and thus Science cannot physically verify it. It is instead in incontrovertible result of the math/logic involved.
How is this known, how is it proved... what is its cause if it was caused by things, and if we are only looking at one of the causes in the infinite streaming of beginning of the thing we are not actually finding the proof we are just becoming satisfied with one domino on the infinite line of understandings or thoughts that can occur in relation to the topic.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:59 pm

chise wrote:
Abstract wrote:
chise wrote:

Yet how is it that the percivers know of things such as to bring them into existence before having witnessed them, but that we already know all things? ...

Do we know all things? in other words is there a limit to what has come into existence? knowing or creating ideas seems limitless?
to what degree have we deliberately barricaded our ability to know and to create?
Perhaps it is only to what existent we recognize our abilities to be limited that we can be limited. And so it is best not to ask or think how we might be?

Quote :

Abstract wrote:

If so then our efforts to seek the truth by looking outside ourselves may be the least effective when(though truely in this case what is outside is a part of the one or the whole that we are) it would seem better to find the truth by looking into the self

it would and is, unfortunately the road is treacherously paved with doubt and disbelief in self..: Perhaps, 'the pursuit' in truth. is a Journey to find our certitude in our ability to know and to create,.. any thing ?!
Perhaps it is truly just a journey to aid the growth of comfort with limitless uncertainty...

Back to top Go down
chise

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Abstract wrote:
Perhaps it is only to what existent we recognize our abilities to be limited that we can be limited. And so it is best not to ask or think how we might be?

Smile Yes! but see asking and thinking in this case... would be a response from an experience failing to yeild a desired outcome.. reflection encourages a better approach in the future. There would be no questions if success was/is guaranteed each time. We are already in the hole, if we had known that we could walk on air we wouldn't have fallen into the ditch. So here we are, climbing out, with the virtue, which is wisdom, of our experiences. (The hole is the attachment to the past.. past experiences and indeed the extent that we recognize their existence)..

How do we know what being unlimited is without knowing limitation?

fyi- the motive behind the question in my previous post was especially for contemplative purposes on the readers part .. but thanks for the response
Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

: 856

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Abstract wrote:
Capable wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Perhaps I shouldn't have related this only to physicality... perhaps what I am asking is how can we explain the laws without referencing other laws, and as such how can we explain all laws...

Originally, what is called the universe was a unified force undifferentiated by time or by space. What we call creation is actually the decomposition and disintegration of ousia, to speak Greek, of physical reality. When we finally manage to reconstruct in our little simian brains a mathematical and theoretical conception of such a unified force (ie. unified field theory) then we will understand all physicality in only one "law" as you call it, one formulation.
Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm

chise wrote:
One such law that I see needing addressing would be: what holds the form of a physicality at a subatomic level, into a togetherness; what force, mysterious law holds the physical intact; the beloved atoms what is there link and connection to each other? how do they know to form a relationship? what is the intelligence of the atom?

.... The fundamental interactions. You should have learned that in high school, not to be an ass, though it is in my nature.

Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Just take away your preconceptions as a living thing and look at it for a moment. Blind, space-less, timeless, power; infinitely dense and hot. It existed forever, and was "nowhere" for it took up no space. Suddenly it ruptures, the unified force shattering and decomposing into our universe. Particles and anti-particles sparred for awhile, spontaneously generated by the conversion and regression of energy into matter, matter into energy. Temperatures eventually cooled enough for the first atoms to form. Stars formed, burning this primordial "stuff." In their burning, the stars produced more complex atomic structures, the elements needed to build planets and lifeforms. Then we show up on earth. That is a very small summary of the history of our universe. A wonder, granted, from the perspective of a living thing. From any other perspective, however...
Back to top Go down
James S Saint
rational metaphysicist
rational metaphysicist

: 270

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm

There is what changes and what doesn't.
The physical universe is what changes..
.. and doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

It also gets on my nerves sometimes.

I guess the universe is a pretty cool guy though. Eh. Makes black holes and doesn't afraid of anything.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Abstract...

Quote :
... I have recently considered that love and gravity are the same thing...exactly.
We might say that these words correspond to each other. They are similar in that love may keep one 'grounded' but at the same time love is capable of allowing us to soar. So you might also say that love and wings are similar.

In another respect, love may make us quite grave. Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
things are similar because things see them as such; thus it is by perception that things are united ?
When we use 'things' as metaphors to assign meaning and interpretation.

Quote :
just as it is by perception that things are parted... union through perception... is love

This is why it is important to examine/re-examine our perceptions. They are not necessarily based in truth but based on how we sensate and interpret the moment.

Union through perception may also lead to altered truth...which might eradicate the love which was once seen.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:36 pm

I'll have to respond later when i'm not feeling so mind numb...
Back to top Go down
RIW

RIW

: 1

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Before our time began the infinite became self aware and it observed all for it was all. With love it created a perfect order of single point mass particles and then releases it so the mass particles could all coming by and with their own preference’s of movement. The Infinite made this possible knowing that it would be finite but that it would also bring forth that which can and would observer. At the same time the universe falls in to disorder it also moves to higher levels of connection and complexity. Choice is necessary for evolution. Choice is necessary for all observers to evolve. Love is a creating force hate is a destroying force. Do not try and put god in your back pocket. The Infinite will not fit in there instead put love in your top front pocket near your hart, and hate in your back pocket out of sight. Connecting to that which is good is connecting to the living universe. Yes this is a living universe when preferences of movement and an inclination to connect in ways of ever high complexity are given to mass things evolve. The Infinite has made the laws and set the physical values of our universe for life to exist. All life is an observer of existents. God does not move rocks. God is the infinite. God is the understanding of the collective infinite. For the void connects all things to the Infinite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theinfinitemind.org/.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can the physical be all there is?   How can the physical be all there is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can the physical be all there is?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Science-
Jump to: