Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

 

 List of Facts

Go down 
+2
Parodites
Fixed Cross
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

It's amazing how many facts there are.
-several persons

Homo Sapiens, the knowing hominid, is completed by the smartphone.
Let's look at some facts.

Code:
“   The eventual demarcation of philosophy from science was made possible by the notion that philosophy's core was "theory of knowledge," a theory distinct from the sciences because it was their foundation... Without this idea of a "theory of knowledge," it is hard to imagine what "philosophy" could have been in the age of modern science.   ”
    
— Richard Rorty, Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature

Code:
The English word “pear” is probably from Common West Germanic pera, probably a loanword of Vulgar Latin pira, the plural of pirum, akin to Greek ἄπιος apios (from Mycenaean ápisos),which is of Semitic origin (Aramaic/Syriac "pirâ", meaning "fruit", from the verb "pra", meaning "to beget, multiply, bear fruit").

Code:
World War I (WWI or WW1), also known as the First World War or the Great War, was a global war centered in Europe that began on 28 July 1914 and lasted until 11 November 1918. More than 9 million combatants and 7 million civilians died as a result of the war, a casualty rate exacerbated by the belligerents' technological and industrial sophistication, and tactical stalemate.

Code:
The apple tree (Malus domestica) is a deciduous tree in the rose family best known for its sweet, pomaceous fruit, the apple. It is cultivated worldwide as a fruit tree, and is the most widely grown species in the genus Malus. The tree originated in Central Asia, where its wild ancestor, Malus sieversii, is still found today. Apples have been grown for thousands of years in Asia and Europe, and were brought to North America by European colonists. Apples have religious and mythological significance in many cultures, including Norse, Greek and European Christian traditions.

Code:
Football refers to a number of sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal.

Code:
The offense, the team with control of the oval-shaped football, attempts to advance down the field by running with or passing the ball, while the team without control of the ball, the defense, aims to stop their advance and take control of the ball for themselves.

Code:
Mental confusion may result from drug side effects or from a relatively [i]sudden[/i] brain dysfunction. Acute confusion is often called delirium (or "acute confusional state"), although delirium often includes a much broader array of disorders than simple confusion.

Code:
Bron is a commune in the Metropolis of Lyon in Rhône-Alpes region in eastern France.

Code:
Bahá'í[edit]
"Love is the mystery of divine revelations! Love is the effulgent manifestation! Love is the spiritual fulfilment! Love is the light of the Kingdom! Love is the breath of the Holy Spirit inspired into the human spirit! Love is the cause of the manifestation of the Truth (God) in the phenomenal world!. Love is the necessary tie proceeding from the realities of things through divine creation!"
`Abdu'l-Bahá, Tablets of `Abdu'l-Bahá v3[1]
Bahá'u'lláh, founder of the Bahá'í Faith, taught that God created humans due to his love for them, and thus humans should in turn love God. `Abdu'l-Bahá, Bahá'u'lláh's son, wrote that love is the greatest power in the world of existence and the true source of eternal happiness. The Bahá'í teachings state that all genuine love is divine, and that love proceeds from God and from humans. God's love is taught to be part of his own essence, and his love for his creatures gives them their material existence, divine grace and eternal life.[2]
The Bahá'í teachings state that human love is directed towards both God and other humans; that the love of God attracts the individual toward God, by purifying the human heart and preparing it for the revelation of divine grace. Thus through the love of God, humans become transformed and become self-sacrificing. It is also stated that true love for other humans occurs when people see the beauty of God in other people's souls. The Bahá'í teachings state that Bahá'ís should love all humans regardless of religion, race or community, and also should love their enemies.[2]
Buddhist[edit]
In Buddhism, kāma is sensuous, love. The vast majority believe it to be an obstacle on the path to enlightenment, perceiving it as selfish.
Karuṇā is compassion and mercy, which reduces the suffering of others. It is complementary to wisdom, and is necessary for enlightenment.
Advesa and mettā are benevolent love. This love is unconditional and requires considerable self-acceptance. This is quite different from common conceptions of love which are often confused with attachment and sexual desire, and can be self-interested. Instead, in Buddhism it refers to detachment and unselfish interest in others' welfare.
The Bodhisattva ideal in Tibetan Buddhism involves the complete renunciation of oneself in order to take on the burden of a suffering world. The strongest motivation one has in order to take the path of the Bodhisattva is the idea of salvation within unselfish love for others.
Christian[edit]
Most Christians also believe that God is the source and essence of eternal love, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." (1 John 4:8 NIV)
Most Christians believe that the greatest commandment is "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment"; in addition to the second, "thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself", these are what Jesus Christ called the two greatest commandments (see Mark 12:28–34, Luke 10:25–28, Matthew 22:37–39, Matthew 7:12; cf. Deuteronomy 6:5, Deuteronomy 11:13, Deuteronomy 11:22, Leviticus 19:18, Leviticus 19:34). See also Ministry of Jesus#General ethics.
In the Gospel of John, Jesus said: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (NIV, John 13:34–35; cf. John 15:17). Jesus also taught "Love your enemies." (Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27).
"Love is patient; love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13:4–7 (NIV)
The New Testament, which was written in Greek, only used two Greek words for love: agapē and philia. However, there are several Greek words for love.
Agapē. In the New Testament, agapē is charitable, selfless, altruistic, and unconditional. It is parental love seen as creating goodness in the world, it is the way God is seen to love humanity, and it is seen as the kind of love that Christians aspire to have for others.
Philia. Also used in the New Testament, philia is a human response to something that is found to be delightful. Also known as "brotherly love".
Eros (sexual love) is never used in the New Testament but is more prominent in the Old Testament.
Storge (needy child-to-parent love) only appears in the compound word philostorgos (Rom 12:10).
Saint Paul glorifies agapē in the quote above from 1 Corinthians 13, and as the most important virtue of all: "Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." (13:8 NIV).
Christians believe that because of God's agapē for humanity He sacrificed his Son for them. John the Apostle wrote, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16–17 KJV)
In Works of Love (1847), Søren Kierkegaard, a philosopher, claimed that Christianity is unique because love is a requirement.
Latter-day Saints[edit]

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. ~ The Book of Mormon, Mosiah 2:17
According to Russell M. Nelson, there are examples of the love of Jesus in the Book of Mormon.[3]
First there is a covenant with Christ. King Benjamin stated in the Book of Mosiah:
And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shall be called the children of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; for behold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say that your hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, ye are born of him and have become his sons and his daughters.
— Mosiah 5:7
Then there are the ordinances of the gospel. Jesus stated in the Book of Mormon in Third Nephi:
Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.
— 3 Nephi 27:20
And at last Jesus exhorts us to follow his example:
And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.
— 3 Nephi 27:27
Moroni, the last prophet of the book, wrote about love:[4]
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
— Moroni 7:47

Code:
A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case.

Code:
In disciplines such as logic, linguistics, metalogic, typography, and computer programming, the type–token distinction is a distinction that separates a descriptive concept from objects that instantiate the concept, seen as particular instances of it.

Code:
The sentence "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose." was written by Gertrude Stein as part of the 1913 poem Sacred Emily, which appeared in the 1922 book Geography and Plays. In that poem, the first "Rose" is the name of a person. Stein later used variations on the sentence in other writings, and "A rose is a rose is a rose" is probably her most famous quotation, often interpreted as meaning "things are what they are", a statement of the law of identity, "A is A". In Stein's view, the sentence expresses the fact that simply using the name of a thing already invokes the imagery and emotions associated with it, an idea also intensively discussed in the problem of universals debate where Peter Abelard and others used the [i]rose[/i] as an example concept.

Code:
In the late 2020s the world is in turmoil, with the United States fractured as a result of prolonged conflict, and a pandemic of the "St. Mary's Virus" ravaging Europe. The United Kingdom is ruled as a fascist police state by the Norsefire Party. Political opponents, immigrants, Muslims, homosexuals and other "undesirables" are imprisoned in concentration camps. On November 4, a Guy Fawkes-masked vigilante who identifies himself as "V" rescues Evey Hammond, a woman who works at the state-run British Television Network (BTN), from an attempted rape by members of the "Fingermen" secret police while she is out past curfew. He leads her to a rooftop to watch his destruction of the Old Bailey criminal court building, accompanied by fireworks and the 1812 Overture. Inspector Finch, Scotland Yard's chief of police, is given the task of investigating V's activities, while the Party uses the BTN to declare the incident an "emergency demolition", although V takes over the broadcast to claim responsibility. He urges the people of Britain to rise up against their government and meet him exactly one year later, on November 5, Guy Fawkes Night, outside the Houses of Parliament, which he promises to destroy. During the broadcast, the police attempt to capture V and Evey helps him to escape but is knocked unconscious.
V takes Evey to his home, where she is told she must remain until November 5 of the following year. After learning that V is killing government officials, she offers to help kill a perverted priest by acting as a child prostitute. She escapes to the home of her boss, comedian and talk show host Gordon Deitrich. In return for Evey trusting him with her safety, Gordon reveals prohibited materials including subversive paintings, an antique Quran, and homoerotic photographs by Robert Mapplethorpe. Gordon explains that he acts the part of a womanizer to conceal his homosexuality; if he were honest he would be executed. Finch learns that V is the result of experimentation on humans; his targets tortured him while he was detained. After Gordon performs a satire of the government on his show, his home is raided and Evey is captured. She is imprisoned and tortured for information about V, with her only solace being a note written by actress Valerie Page, arrested for being a lesbian.
Evey is told she will be executed unless she reveals V's location, but when she says she would rather die she is released. Her imprisonment and torture were staged by V to free her from her fears. The note was real, passed from Valerie to V when he was imprisoned. He also informs her that Deitrich had been executed when the Quran was found in his home. While Evey initially hates V for what he did to her, she realises she has become a stronger person. She leaves him, promising to return before November 5.
Finch searches for the true identity of V, tracing him to a bioweapons program at a detention centre for "social deviants" and political dissidents in Larkhill concentration camp. Finch meets William Rookwood, who tells him that the program, directed by then-under secretary Adam Sutler, resulted in the creation of the "St. Mary's Virus" and its release in a false flag terrorist attack. The deaths of over 100,000 people and the resulting fear enabled the Norsefire Party to win the next election and turn the country into a totalitarian state under Sutler's rule as High Chancellor. Finch later discovers that Rookwood has been dead for years; the man he met was V in disguise, and Finch initially disbelieves his story.
As November 5 nears, V's distribution of thousands of Guy Fawkes masks causes chaos in the UK and the population questions Party rule. On the eve of November 5, Evey visits V, who shows her an explosive-laden train in the abandoned London Underground, set to destroy Parliament. He leaves it to Evey to decide whether to use it. V meets Party Leader Creedy, with whom he made a deal to surrender in exchange for Sutler's execution. After Creedy executes Sutler, V reneges on his deal and kills Creedy and his men. Mortally wounded, he returns to Evey to thank her and tell her he loves her before dying.
As Evey places V's body aboard the train she is found by Finch. Disillusioned by the Party's regime, Finch allows Evey to send the train. Thousands of unarmed Londoners wearing Guy Fawkes masks march towards Parliament. Without orders, the military allows the crowd to pass. Parliament is destroyed as Finch asks Evey for V's identity, to which she replies, "He was all of us."

Code:
Berlin says,
in the realm of ethics, politics, aesthetics it was the authenticity and sincerity of the pursuit of inner goals that mattered; this applied equally to individuals and groups — states, nations, movements. This is most evident in the aesthetics of romanticism, where the notion of eternal models, a Platonic vision of ideal beauty, which the artist seeks to convey, however imperfectly, on canvas or in sound, is replaced by a passionate belief in spiritual freedom, individual creativity. The painter, the poet, the composer do not hold up a mirror to nature, however ideal, but invent; they do not imitate (the doctrine of mimesis), but create not merely the means but the goals that they pursue; these goals represent the self-expression of the artist's own unique, inner vision, to set aside which in response to the demands of some "external" voice — church, state, public opinion, family friends, arbiters of taste — is an act of betrayal of what alone justifies their existence for those who are in any sense creative.

Code:
In humans, the thigh is the area between the pelvis and the knee. Anatomically, it is part of the lower limb.

Code:
Year 4 (IV) was a common year starting on Wednesday or a leap year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar (the sources differ, see leap year error for further information) and a leap year starting on Tuesday of the Proleptic Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Catus and Saturninus (or, less frequently, year 757 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 4 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

Code:
Nicolaus of Damascus (Greek: Νικόλαος Δαμασκηνός, Nikolāos Damaskēnos) was a Greek[1] historian and philosopher who lived during the Augustan age of the Roman Empire. His name is derived from that of his birthplace, Damascus.

Code:
The Devonian is a geologic period and system of the Paleozoic Era spanning from the end of the Silurian Period, about 419.2 ± 3.2 Mya (million years ago), to the beginning of the Carboniferous Period, about 358.9 ± 0.4.

Code:
In Western culture, dresses are more often worn by women and girls.

Code:
The conjecture was first proposed on October 23, 1852 when Francis Guthrie, while trying to color the map of counties of England, noticed that only four different colors were needed. The five color theorem, which has a short elementary proof, states that five colors suffice to color a map and was proven in the late 19th century (Heawood 1890); however, proving that four colors suffice turned out to be significantly harder.

Code:
When sodium or its compounds are introduced into a flame, they turn it yellow,[6] because the excited 3s electrons of sodium emit a photon when they fall from 3p to 3s; the wavelength of this photon corresponds to the D line at 589.3 nm.

Code:
The word "iceberg" is a partial loan translation from Dutch ijsberg, literally meaning ice mountain

Please, add.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
Parodites
Tower
Tower
Parodites

Posts : 790
: 853
Join date : 2011-12-11

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 2:58 pm

Here's a fact of my own:



No fact is any more philosophically valuable than any other: the fact that a halo of entrapped photons exists around the event horizon of a black hole which, if you were to look into it as you fell through the black hole, would display the entire history of the universe like a projected film on a screen, has no more philosophic import than the fact that Pall Mall brand cigarettes are shit, dogs have four legs, or anything else you might imagine. The true scientist combines disparate facts into a theory, which is an explanatory-predictive model, and this is more valuable to philosophy than a fact- but the scientific theory is still quite limited in scope, since it is merely a preliminary model that is destined to be replaced by other, better ones. I am not of the opinion that philosophy is simply a larger theory, wherein multiple sciences are combined into a coherent world-view: that would still be limited, and truly, but a more comprehensive natural science.


Nevertheless, facts are still fun. Like the fact that there exists an Amazonian spider whose bite injects a neurotoxic venom that causes one's penis to become so erect and engorged that it actually ruptures, suffering extensive nerve damage that would lead to erectile dysfunction- if one manages to survive what is in almost all cases a quite lethal bite.


Or, in the core of Jupiter, the pressure is so dense that hydrogen exists in a solidified metallic form.

 

___________
ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum; 
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata. 

[                                          The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
                                                                                     the First.]

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.


                                        -- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 12:48 am

All human beings lie.

The voices of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse got married in real life.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

Posts : 293
: 307
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Hovering amidst a battle of Wills

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 2:08 pm


The average cell phone contains more bacteria than a toilet seat.

What's the word of the day?

ALCOHOL

 

___________
Each of our lives is a part of the lengthy process of the universe gradually waking up and becoming aware of itself.


Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."


"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 3:26 pm

hypothesis:
This sentence contains a fact.


fact:
A person born with Jupiter exactly on the Eastern horizon will be bold.





 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 4:42 am

Men are struck by lightning five times more often than woman.

(Wonder why? lolz)

By 2020, China could have between 30-40 million men who cannot find wives.

Smoking can lead to impotence in men.

Half of all women who die from homicide are killed by their current or former husbands or partners.

It has been discovered that applying male underarm sweat to a female's upper lip helps relax women, boosts their mood, and regulates their mentrual cycle.

(Could cause fainting too. lolz)

A woman will more easily trust someone who hugs her for at least fifteen seconds.

Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

Posts : 293
: 307
Join date : 2011-12-07
Location : Hovering amidst a battle of Wills

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 9:42 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
hypothesis:
This sentence contains a fact.


fact:
A person born with Jupiter exactly on the Eastern horizon will be bold.

So are you saying that this IS a hypothesis or a fact, Jakob?
Wouldn't you say that it is more a belief based on ancient myth?



Tell me if I am not to challenge here.

 

___________
Each of our lives is a part of the lengthy process of the universe gradually waking up and becoming aware of itself.


Philosophy is the childhood of the intellect, and a culture that tries to skip it will never grow up."


"If I thought that everything I did was determined by my circumstancse and my psychological condition, I would feel trapped."

Thomas Nagel
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 11:23 am

I This is a thread for facts, Arc.

II I can state another fact.

III Arc has not fact-checked my astrology claim.

IV Astrology is the original science.

V All hard science is derived of Astrology.

VI Astrology is the only relevant science.

VII Astrological knowledge equals power.

VIII (therefore) Astrology can only be handled by the noble.

IX Disbelief in astrology is in every single case caused by the refusal to study.

X Every single human who has studied astrology has come to accept it as a hard science.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 11:50 am


 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 12:04 pm

That video contains a lot of facts.


More facts.

Lysol eliminates germs and is effective at cleaning table-tops.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 am

*On an average, you can dream for about one to two hours every night and you can have four to seven different dreams in one night.

I usually remember at least one.

*People who suffer from personality disorders usually do not dream.

Ha! I'm disqualified, amen.

*Lower temperatures seem to cause nightmares. The warmer your home, the better your sleep and fewer nightmares.

Being hot and miserable is a nightmare in itself.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:17 am

It's good to deliberately lower the temperature at night in your home so you can trigger sleep paralysis or night terrors. Also, I think people with personality disorders must dream, everyone must dream at least a little, but they don't remember the dreams. Dreaming and especially REM dreaming is connected to maintaining sanity and a consciousness processing things in a more complete and healthy way. So it makes sense that people with problematic consciousness probably have some deficiencies in their dreaming. Note that dreaming and remembering our dreaming are two different things.

I wonder if it's possible that we do the neurological conscious work of dreaming without actually having an inner experience of dreaming, regardless if we remember it or not?

 

___________
“Be clever, Ariadne! ...
You have little ears; you have my ears:
Put a clever word in them! —
Must one not first hate oneself, in order to love oneself? ...
I am your labyrinth ...”.  -N

“A man is not great if he is not small, and he is not small if he is not great. Concepts flirt with the loss of their significance in the oscillation between ambiguous states, and this is in part the function and purpose of concepts.” -Primer on Meaning
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:24 am

The cohesion of a dram is produced upon waking up.

All remembering dreams is a 'waking up from them' ; the non-centralized release of neurotransmitters coming into a pattern that addresses "Idea", or waking consciousness: "I" - crystallized self-valuing.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Posts : 5737
: 6982
Join date : 2011-11-03
Location : The Stars

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:31 am

The best is when we are woken by something during the middle of an REM cycle. I often wish that I had a way of programming my alarm to go off right in the middle of REM.

 

___________
“Be clever, Ariadne! ...
You have little ears; you have my ears:
Put a clever word in them! —
Must one not first hate oneself, in order to love oneself? ...
I am your labyrinth ...”.  -N

“A man is not great if he is not small, and he is not small if he is not great. Concepts flirt with the loss of their significance in the oscillation between ambiguous states, and this is in part the function and purpose of concepts.” -Primer on Meaning
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
The cohesion of a dram is produced upon waking up.

All remembering dreams is a 'waking up from them' ; the non-centralized release of neurotransmitters coming into a pattern that addresses "Idea", or waking  consciousness: "I" - crystallized self-valuing.

Cohesion slips away from me upon waking and I'm left trying to patch it together to force it to make "enough" sense.  Perhaps  what seems disjointed is actually several unrelated dreams that I'm trying to piece together.
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Capable wrote:
I wonder if it's possible that we do the neurological conscious work of dreaming without actually having an inner experience of dreaming, regardless if we remember it or not?

You mean manifesting projected thought forms while exercising the mind?  No comprende senor otherwise.

Should add that our concept of time as in clocks vesus the mind's full throttle processing speed while asleep lends me to believe that the number of dreams would actually be way more than the diagnosed seven.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi-D wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:
The cohesion of a dram is produced upon waking up.

All remembering dreams is a 'waking up from them' ; the non-centralized release of neurotransmitters coming into a pattern that addresses "Idea", or waking  consciousness: "I" - crystallized self-valuing.

Cohesion slips away from me upon waking and I'm left trying to patch it together to force it to make "enough" sense.  Perhaps  what seems disjointed is actually several unrelated dreams that I'm trying to piece together.

Yes, I think so.

In the dreamstate we appear to have no need for narrative coherence, for distinguishing ourselves as subject from the objects (drives, memories, possibilities) animated as our 'dream' - in a dream we are truly self-valuing, without need for illusions about Self and its separateness from what it experiences.

Predictive dreams generally come true, they are energetically parallel-inducing rather than feebly linear-deducing.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Capable wrote:
I wonder if it's possible that we do the neurological conscious work of dreaming without actually having an inner experience of dreaming, regardless if we remember it or not?

I think this is the case with certain dreams.

The structural content appears afterwards, when 'people' and 'objects' have been discerned from the familiarity of the drives that were used and reproduced in the 'dreaming'.

On the other hand, I think there are also dreams with definitive content, that form not entirely unlike waking fantasies are formed, but with more energy and no restraints.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Capable wrote:
The best is when we are woken by something during the middle of an REM cycle. I often wish that I had a way of programming my alarm to go off right in the middle of REM.

Yeah these are the moments. It is like the middle of being. Viscerality and mentality are completely united.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Any suggestions on how to get repeat offenders out of your dreams?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Kill them in your dream.

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 8:03 pm

I will need your permission, FC. Any last words?
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Hey, true and particularly funny.  Am I the only one amused?  We get along better in my dreams, so I refuse your advice here, but the intimacy does make me blush and feel guilty.  Go away already!
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Posts : 7296
: 8671
Join date : 2011-11-09
Location : Acrux

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm

phew

i tend to not see things of a certain nature coming


any reason we get along better there?

 

___________
" The strong do what they can do and the weak accept what they have to accept. "
- Thucydides
Back to top Go down
WendyDarling
arrow
arrow
WendyDarling

Posts : 341
: 371
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : @home

List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 2:56 am

Your desires are wholesome and your disposition is happy.  You smile incessantly and we are friends without hidden agendas.  Very simple stuff.  No facades.

3 dreams(remembered) and you approach me unguarded every time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




List of Facts Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of Facts   List of Facts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
List of Facts
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Reference-
Jump to: