Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan Empty
PostSubject: Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan   Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 pm

This article I read this morning refers to Satan as Saturn, uses the term excess to explain the nature of the Devil, who is traditionally cognate with Satan. Whereas the article is correct in pointing out that all gods are astrological, I think this particular, very traditional attribution is an error, and that Satan is an aspect of Jupiter. Given the limited understanding of moral psychology that the ancients had, we can forgive them for this misattribution, but it will be very beneficial, for the spiritual health of the west, to correct it.

Quote :
All ancient faiths were based on the oldest science, astrology : the influence of the planets.  The planets were the gods in Greece and Rome, Egypt and Babylon, India, Scandinavia, S. America ….  Our current world faiths originated in the same ancient world.  It should be no surprise to find they are also all based on astrology, all recognising One God.

Satan, the Devil, is easily recognised as a portrait of massive Saturn, the higher dimension of this spirit, beyond the personal astrology of the horoscope.

This recognition, based on the Kabbalah, gives us the rational, credible, scientific and multifaith understanding of God we need in modern times.  It strongly supports the message of the Bible, especially the Gospels, the message of love and peace but avoids the literal simplifications of fundamentalism.

The Tree of Life is the basis of the Kabbalah, the esoteric Tradition behind the Bible.  The Tree is quite clearly an astrological map of the solar system with all the planets and Signs of the zodiac.

The Tree of Life reveals astrology at the heart of the biblical Tradition, from Genesis (3.22) to Revelation (22.2) where its astrological character is confirmed, as too its role within Christianity : ‘The Tree of Life which bare twelve manner of fruit [the twelve Signs] and yielded her fruit every month.’ [The monthly cycle of the moon through the zodiac.]

Satan, the Devil, is always portrayed with the horns, cloven hooves and goaty legs which reflect Saturn’s nature as lord of Capricorn, the Goat.  This does not brand Capricorns : with the Sun in this Sign, they are often more enlightened about this materialistic spirit.

Saturn is not the largest planet but astrologically Earth is ruled by the same spirit of materialism, money and power.  Saturn’s spirit has an overwhelming influence on us.

The Kabbalah Tradition reveals much more evidence and insights to understand this identification and the meaning of Satan, the Devil.  The 22 Tarot Trumps represent the 22 Paths of the Tree of Life, the ten planets and twelve Signs.  The Devil represents the Goat, the Capricorn Path.

When we sacrifice everything to the pursuit of money and power, we miss the important things in life : our emotions, relationships, higher ideas, our spiritual life.  Evil is just an excess of materialism which ignores human values.  A mistake we can all make, sometimes a big mistake. [-]

Under Pezers guidance yesterday, I identified Satan not as The Devil, who is indeed related to Saturn, but as a more gregarious form of 'disobedience to the plan', which I recognized as Jupiter.

The nature of Jupiter is expansive and his attribute is optimism ('faith') and, in the same vein, excess. Saturn is the imprisoner, Jupiter the transgressor. Both are aspects of the all-god, who does not exist, but as which Jupiter is interpreted by silly men. For example, on the morning of 9/11, Jupiter stood at the midheaven above New York, which shocked many astrologers.

Jupiter is the God of Catholicism par excellence - in all its facets. Catholicism was raised up to defeat Saturn, the god of austerity, the law of the least, of the return to ash, of death and separation through rebirth. Saturn as The Devil rather represented poverty sickness and death than material excess, Jupiter, nor Satan, represent these things.

Jupiter is essentially the lusty god of Catholicism. He provides the papal banquets and the love making under the cross, the "madonna mia" that the Italian cries out in during orgasm, and he drives men to give shape to the excesses in the form of the gargoyle-sweating cathedrals of early France, Paris, Orleans, Reims, -

The Devil is dead-serious, Satan is playful, gregarious. Both are aspects of what men mistrust, namely that which goes beyond them what they can not follow all the way - in this sense the Deceiver Neptune is the most dangerous devil, the one who rules over artists, and whose preferred means are beauty,  alcohol and opiates. Surviving his devilry requires that one become a philosopher (if there are oppositions to work through) or a sex-master; the Bhagwan is the latter aspiring to the former, which makes of him an erotic-religious inspirator.

The gallery of devils does not end, Venus as Lucifer, Pluto as Hades/Poseidon-Earthshaker, Uranus the Irreverent and Mercury the Trickster are all devils in their own right. But the devil Satan is of all of the the most human, it seems to me now; probably his gregariousness and his ability with excess is of all these rogue forms best suited to man. It seems thus that religion itself (Jupiter brings moral conviction and authority) is the best host to mans transgressive nature -  in church, man sins best.

There is much to say for the idea that religion is primarily a matter of sanctifying 'crime', transgression, and in this sense, a sound way to be Catholic is to revere Satan. Catholicism has been friendly to Satanism all along. That is not to say that to revere Satan is to be catholic; the term refers, after all, to the totality, for which the Church, the cathedral and the order, stand symbol. But the notion totality is in the end restriction, a Saturnian idea that can not account for excess. The Catholic church is thus properly a combination of Saturn and Jupiter, which accounts for its lasting majesty, and it holds two different devils - one, Saturn, the lord of retribution, and two, Jupiter, the lord of the self-justifying sin.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan   Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 2:17 pm

It occurs to me now, that Satan is not Jupiter as opposed to Saturn, but the way in which Saturn relates to Jupiter. I identified this by calling on Satan and Saturn and observing how, after I had related him to Jupiter, Saturn was able to host his form / attitude somewhat

Conveniently, this reflects the division between ontic and excessive; the excess only exists by the asymmetrical nature of the ontic.

Interesting to think of Saturn as the lord of asymmetry and to consider his rings, transcendent to him, bearing his form, in a transparent plane but host to permanent objects - objects that would have no context if they did not revolve in that ring - I could start the myth that Saturn is an incarnated philosopher, a being who has eternalized his transcendent excess, a lord of a ring... whatever.

Back to top Go down

Saturn as the ontic Devil, Jupiter as excessive Satan
Page 1 of 1