Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Working Up Down The Ladder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

Working Up Down The Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Working Up Down The Ladder   Working Up Down The Ladder Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:29 pm

What philosophy now faces is no less than the reevaluation of all values. Let's break it down.

All of the genealogical history of philosophy has to be reapproached. We know we cannot rely on any interpretations before us, we take from the previous command only the conclusions which they themselves could not formulate. So a political philosophy, that is, the material action of philosophers, must make a collection of all the books and polemics, it must revive every strife that intelligent men engaged in. A library's first task would be to collect these works in a genealogical fashion in its first half, in its second half to promote the study of them. The important thing in the second half is that students don't seek either to study them as statues or to regress to the spirit that bred them, but to engage in the battles with their own spirit and free of all prior judgements, though not knowledge. This way, philosophy will no longer need to exist outside of tradition, wasting its efforts, to remain pure. The genealogical order is important, here already the seed of the new philosophy is planted.

Other philosophers will not be able to help in this, as they have found legitimate anchors already, but these will feed from the works of reevaluation and be tested by them. So extragenealogical thinking will stand at the end of the line for political philosophy to reapproach.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: Working Up Down The Ladder   Working Up Down The Ladder Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:15 pm

This applies also to history, religion, and all the arts.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Working Up Down The Ladder   Working Up Down The Ladder Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:43 pm

This seems to me a trustworthy approach, emanating first of all the virtue of respect for the spirit of the intellect. Geist. Too bad english doesn't have a word for spirit without meaning also ghost. Strangely Geist doesn't mean ghost, but rather the overlap between mind and spirit.

For one thing it would grounds our philosophy in the drives that give rise to it. Parodites says philosophy is not a question - I would phrase that differently and say it is never only a question, that the question is a symptom of something like the mind is a symptom of the self-valuing; even though it has down the line become cause to its own nature. It is in many cases a questioning, but a form that takes that questioning as nobility itself - this is what can be unearthed and made pure as you say, the human questioning in their most ferocious forms, in which the means is assertion, conflict. Socrates employed dialectic as a means to question more thoroughly, to question in such a way that the answers wish to come up. A dialogue like this creates a temporary self-valuing out of two humans, a questioning, of which in this case as a manner of speaking Socrates is the mind, and the other the body. Any collective process in which all the members are completely necessary is a self-valuing, a molecule to the human atom. And questioning in this sense is the residual attraction force that binds atoms into molecules. The temporary forms that make up the changing, vital universe. To trace the genealogy of this questioning through the strains of human position-taking would be a sure way to ground discipline and breeding.

http://genius.com/Friedrich-nietzsche-book-iv-discipline-and-breeding-excerpts-annotated
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Working Up Down The Ladder   Working Up Down The Ladder Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 pm

I deleted all forums and threads that I created with regard to the video campaign. I felt powerfully that it does not belong here, that it disrupts the fabric, the cohesion, the coherence, the splendor here.

The only thing that I maintain is the font color I chose for to signify the political. A color of poison, a hallucinogen.

I also deleted the group related to the hidden forum, because I realized whatever I had to say that was truly group oriented was about the Pentad, and we already have a group for this.

I will repeat that I would please me if the Pentad could move forward; there is no need for any one poster to cohere everything, it is rather the form that I hope will end up causing an interesting form of coherence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working Up Down The Ladder   Working Up Down The Ladder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working Up Down The Ladder
Page 1 of 1