Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas: Complexity Simplified

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ideas: Complexity Simplified Empty
PostSubject: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:53 am

Ideas are simple. Use words sparingly to denote ideas, unless you're writing fiction. Is philosophy fiction? Is Science fiction?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Truth is at once simple and infinitely complex; entities tend to integrate only that to which they feel akin. Most people confronted with delicate philosophical reasoning across several pages will be repelled, unable to integrate, digest. The silly ones among them will project their failure on the writer, and assume that, because they could not appreciate, the text is simply 'too complex'.

Another matter is elegance. Some philosophers were able to convey complex idea in rather simple terms. Problem with that is that their ideas were usually misunderstood - simplified by simpler minds.

Personal: a problem is that in my own mind, VO is a logic that is beyond simple; it is entirely obvious. It is in fact so clearly the case that it applies everywhere that, to put it into words, is already making it far more complicated than it is. And yet, the implications of its application are so vastly complex that the brain starts producing neural connections at the mere anticipation of working it through.

Simplicity for the sake of a pleasant read or an easy 'ah yes true!' is an epicurean taste, unrelated to intellectual conscience.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm

We disagree then. Some philosophers are romantics; I am not one of them.

Ideas entertain me or not, epicurean if you must insult.

Remember, thoughts are my addiction. Most thoughts are fleeting. Most ideas fizzle. Unnecessarily long reads blow.

Intellectual conscience comes across as snobbery. I am not one of them either.

If keeping ideas simple offends your sensibilities, I'll keep my simplicity to myself.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 4:38 pm

That's it?

All you have to say is that you don't like long texts? It seems like  a waste of time for the both of us.

Feel free to make a point. Be as concise as you must.
It's strange to be insulted that someone who hosts a forum for prolific writers does not agree with your OP.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Specifications on how prolific one ought to be is logical in your eyes? You have issues with my not feeding your mind enough?

I was asked here. Obviously, in error by "prolifictariats."
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Quote :
Specifications on how prolific one ought to be is logical in your eyes?

Does this contain reference to something in particular? I can't find it.

You may have expected me to lick your ass because you showed up. Sorry about that. That's not how we do things here.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 2:10 pm

No offense - Im just making it clear that diplomacy goes out the door as soon as you step into this place. Only merit counts here.

At the very least I assume that you understand that merely stating a preference for short texts does not qualify on any level as philosophy.

None of the regular posters here puts any stock in controlling their temper. If you cant enjoy that, if you prefer the backhanded insinuations common on other forums then feel free to leave.

Im still hoping there is something you can add to this place. Fortunately I have no problem with short texts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 3:07 pm

My point was simplicity keeps logic obvious. K.I.S.S.

My terms at this time: Don't play dumb. Don't make me cranky. Kissing of my ass must occur once every blue moon.

Wading through a shit-ton of text is a waste of my patience, ensuring crankiness.
Not answering my questions is playing dumb which causes immediate crankiness.

Your terms?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi-D wrote:
 Is philosophy fiction? Is Science fiction?

What if I say yes?

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=175698
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:36 pm

My terms: balls.

I don't care about commentaries. I care about attempts to alter the course of evolution.

Nothing in genetic biology is simple. Neither is philosophy capable of operating on simple principles.

+To think means to risk ones animal nature.+

Is that simple enough?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 12:21 am

"My terms: balls.

I don't care about commentaries. I care about attempts to alter the course of evolution.

Nothing in genetic biology is simple. Neither is philosophy capable of operating on simple principles.

+To think means to risk ones animal nature.+

Is that simple enough?"-FC

Your stance on one's animal nature?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:15 am

FC,

A reply to my question in the above post would be helpful. Also what does *hi-jacking the universe* mean?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Do you mean this?

Quote :
Your stance on one's animal nature?

I dont mean to be a dick, but I honestly have no idea what you're asking me.

Perhaps mylady would consider using a few more words?

At least try to make your thoughts discernible somewhat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Is being human, the physical being, all you essentially are?  Then, what's going on in genetic biology that would lead to your next statement about "thinking risks one's animal nature"? Another question from above~hi-jacking the universe meaning what? When you have time, will you finish my astrology chart reading?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 am

Nevermind about the natal chart expansion I requested. Busy reading the chart myself. You were very kind in what you revealed.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi-D wrote:
Is being human, the physical being, all you essentially are?

All we are is the whole life.
We've got a weird notion of physicality. There is no such thing, science has revealed this a hundred years ago, as an 'object'. There are only relativistic quanta. Real substance is always process, never 'stuff'. 'Stuff' is just a delay of process.

Process, on the other hand, could be made of god knows what. My solution is that it is made of valuing, which is ultimately the only verifiable thing - what Ive basically done is converted the human mind to the universe.

In any case, what we experience that we are, is mostly what we are, I should say. Our body is physical. We live in a physical world. We are physical. But that means we are processes that intertwine with changing arrays of trillions of other processes at all times.

Quote :
Then, what's going on in genetic biology that would lead to your next statement about "thinking risks one's animal nature"? Another question from above~hi-jacking the universe meaning what?  When you have time, will you finish my astrology chart reading?

I mean that the coherence of the instincts, those reactions about which we dont think, for which we do not prepare, is at risk of being disturbed once we start thinking. This does not mean that we sacrifice our animality, but that it becomes much more difficult to be a functional, happy animal.

Regarding the chart - it was in public, I'm not about to put someones soul-dirt out there for the trolls - but what I said must have been sincere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 5:59 pm

Once, you wrote that you made your own soul. What is your soul and how did you make it? This is serious business to me. Using your balls, start a thread with your explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Complexity Simplified   Ideas: Complexity Simplified Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas: Complexity Simplified
Page 1 of 1