Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ariadne

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

áš  : 8696

Ariadne Empty
PostSubject: Ariadne   Ariadne Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 5:39 pm

I wrote elsewhere:

"Ariadne is the Narrative; she is what allows for Dionysos to enter Greece and split in two and become juxtaposed against Apollon in Doric tension.

Her two mythic deaths are both accounts of a narrative ending, and moving on to a different arc, tier, and realm. In one , when Dionysos takes her from Theseus; the introductory, purely mythical part of the Greek narrative ends and the divine, ontic one begins. Immanence is born as the Greek soul sneaks away the narrative from its fathers dream.

The other, when Ariadne is turned to stone by the hands of Perseus, is a halt in the narrative, and a commencement of a tragic phase, where the god (the Greek soul) has to go into the Hades to retrieve the joyful commitment of passion, or physis, to narrative, or culture, in order to put forth a happy, innocent human kind. "

Ive discussed this now with Parodites and Sauwelios, the first recognizes some of his own interpretation, the second does not - I wish to engage a discussion that brings these different interpretations into one process.

Sauwelios' interpretation did not, as I read it, contradict mine, rather it puts Dionysos central, where I (here) but Ariadne central, and see Dionysos as a condition of life in general, and Ariadne as a way of making him Greek.
Back to top Go down

Ariadne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation :: Nietzsche Campfire-
Jump to: