Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Men are will to power, Women are power

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 2:27 pm

To continue upon Parmenides, the thought of building a system coincided with the knowledge of how to build a system, and the actual building of that system, and it then surpassing my expectations.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 2:28 pm

But this is what life is, the system of surpassing expectations.
Back to top Go down
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

: 125

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 2:36 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
This most revered bit of his philosophy is to me the absolute hollowness, as later on Bertrand Russell would exemplify it. Honestly, I can not respect this even from a 13 year old mediocre student.

From Euthydemus

Quote :
“So what follows from what we’ve said? Isn’t it this, that of the other things none is either good or bad, and that of these two, wisdom is good and ignorance bad?”

He agreed.

“Well then let’s have a look at what’s left,” I said. “Since all of us desire to be happy, and since we evidently become so on account of our use—that is our good use—of other things, and since knowledge is what provides this goodness of use and also good fortune, every man must, as seems plausible, prepare himself by every means for this: to be as wise as possible. Right?”

‘Yes,” he said.

Is this not the ultimate ruin of substantive thought? Is this not the utter negation of valuing? Is this not the perfect hollowness? Soc. invents right here the horror of the empty-universal, which from here on goes on to signify the value of man to himself - as precisely 0.

Contrary to your own, Socrates' questions are not simply rhetorical. His interlocutor agrees--as Socrates was quite positive he would--, but did Socrates himself agree with what he suggests? I think not. Also, I'm not sure who his interlocutor is in this passage, but if it's either Euthydemus himself or his brother, I suspect he only plays along with Socrates for some of the others who were present. I suspect, however, that it's one of the latter.

::

Suspicion confirmed.

The moron here is not Socrates, it's Cleinias. And what Socrates is doing in dialogues like this is teaching his fellow Sophists how to be "philo-sophers"--i.e., how to compromise with powerful morons by telling them what they don't even realize they want to hear. For the non-morons like Socrates and Euthydemus, the positive side of this compromise is that they can continue to be natural philosophers--scientists, like Thales.

Having said that, the problem with science after Aristotle, and especially modern science, is that it believes to have transcended common sense. The doctrine of the will to power is philosophical, as opposed to scientific, by embracing the heart of common sense, as I meant to indicate to the adept in this post: http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2634017#p2634017

By italicizing "induction" and following it with three periods, I referred my advanced students to section 550 of The Will to Power.

In my view of history, "classical" or "enlightenment" liberalism is only one relatively advanced stage of the Western liberalization.

"Humanity" is already an "inhuman" concept. The only "human family" is the paradoxical "philosophers clan"--Halevy's "community of robbers".
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:39 pm

Very good - I'd stand corrected if the larger point did not confirm my own. In any case you have defended Socrates honor with verve.

Aristotle is however lost to us -
as it was precisely in Socrates personal approach that his greater logic of philosophy continued; self-valuing in the encountered terms, the sophists. There was enough for Soc to work with, the did not generate like Thales but he transformed, and was part of a degeneration of what Homer had seen generated. The terms are those of declining Athens, and Soc. exacerbates this process, thereby indeed  creating something of a conscience. But it is a bad conscience is what I maintain --- yes, because he used the gods to denounce fools, by making it seem as if the gods, or the Atheneans reverence for them, were not responsible for all the wealth these fools had. Soc. caused Athens to decline, he prevented any sort of Renaissance - he was thus a Luther.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:48 pm

Now I have smeared Socrates. That is a hard thing to do.

But they were in fact proponents of the exact same sort of conscience-ism, at the cost of all spring and summer like thought.
At the cost of all excess - thus at the cost of life.
But Soc was both wise, in that he enjoyed, and noble, in that he accepted death as a consequence to his contradicting the terms of life in Athens.
A scourge of the gods. Prometheus undone. After Socrates, art was impossible.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Athens was Dionysian self-enjoyment created by aristocratic rulerships and mild tyrannies in the archaic age, that flowered in a democracy of heroic politics and conquest (democracy is always warlike outwardly) in the Classical age as the Apollonian will to make the image of pride endure as beauty and hardness, and finally began to crumble into political pettiness, and sophism.

The Irony for me has always been and shall blissfully remain (as it is the very substance of comprehension of conflict) the Akropolis staring down on Socrates, and still staring down on the marketsquare, where people respect Socrates, and go to the marble as a tourist attraction. And pay money. No way in hell they'd pay to walk on the same ground as Socrates - they came for the gods. They are just too unselfvaluing to know it and enjoy it. they just feel compelled to sacrifice their money to them.

But the Greeks understand. The guards do, in the parks. I have seen it, Ive commanded them away from me in the name of the God at Delphi, and they've violently thrown out my insolent cousin who was wearing his netball shorts and his friend who pulled them down - they know rank.
Rank and marble - you dont need much more. Rank as in the capacity for deference.

Well all that, and one of the best habitats on Earth. The history of Rome is a continuation of Greece in these terms, and its decline a result of its integration of too many inferior territories. It became bland... boring. Perhaps boredom is a Roman invention. The systematization of wealth and the introduction of it in areas where it doesn't naturally spend itself. You get consumerism.

Damn it, this fucking French poet in a preface is convincing me of the inferiority of Rome in some respects. Im trying to read Perceval in its original language but I cant get through the introduction as it is disturbing me too much. Also the first line is a hailing of Phillip of Flanders, who is an absolute fascist scourge to my own nation, before it was fully formed by forever wrecking the might of the foul Spanish empire and men like this monstrous decadent Christian 'holy man' Filip. Well, in Europe. The language survived in the better people they raped.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Still, the honor of Clinton no one has even ever attempted to defend. No one tries to prove the antithesis of a lucrative law. Clinton just tries to get away with it by redefining "honor"... Obamacare and such, "removing dictators", in general gold and blood extraction. A very ancient definition.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Trump on the other hand is quite a master of Socratic method. At least the mechanism of his campaign works almost better than Socrates himself in dethroning the wealthy and their sophists.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 5:10 pm

No one even tries to defend Clinton -- yeah exactly. Fuck her.

Fixed I see you as a builder-philosopher, definitely, and one that naturally incorporates the results of depth-inciting into the construction materials. VO is a philosophical artifact of its own kind.

Indeed Socrates doesn't "agree" with the points he forces on those who converse with him. He is forcing them around to an uncomfortable position of needing to acknowledge that they were full of shit to begin with, that they had no idea what the fuck they're talking about. That is true philosophy, man. Or at least one side of it.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:12 pm

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster." --N
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:18 pm

I am willing to concede that it is a part of it - it certainly requires a certain skillset. But, somebody has to pit himself against him.
Let it be me this antiSocrates- I simply refrain from Socratic method (where N does not - Zarathustra is Socratic-Biblical); I do no coax agreement from fools, so as to let them feel like fools in the end - I simply say to them that they are fools and explain why. I know this may be less effective but it is also less dirty, and less tyrannical. Thus it builds a different kind of loyalty. Not one that can be broken, because adversity and contention is included in it. The loyalty commanded by a storm - by the head of Zeus, there is no higher love for me, and to follow the highest love is a wisdom which I love, etc - Socrates did right to the scum, but he did so in a city that had not long before been the jewel of the Universe - by believing in the Gods that Socrates was put to death for for denouncing - the gods and the youth, and the relation between these - he had severed it.  I can never love that man. He said good bye to this world as gladly as a traitor of it would.

Shit -

I keep disvaluing him as much as I try to respect him.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:25 pm

The clumsy ills of his fellows in time did not justify the ingenious ill he conjured up in retribution.

I turn out to be more radical than Nietzsche in this. That is because I walk N's path through.
Ive walked it back to Greece and take side with Apollo. Shoo, old beggard, I say to Socrates, but I will not harm him. I replace his method wherever there are pillars being built out of marble with the art of logical valuing.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Haha, fuck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
He said good bye to this world as gladly as a traitor of it would.

Publicly, yes. But why did he cover himself as the effect of the poison moved up his body?

"Socrates's fear of death required that he cover his face in the presence of those he had encouraged, made courageous, by his arguments for immortality." (Lampert, The Enduring Importance of Leo Strauss, page 18.)
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 3:13 pm

I would say that rather fits his duplicity. He suffers from his method in the end, he does not, like Aleister Crowley, rejoice in both the phenomenon of the end as perfection of ones self-valuing and the possibility of a new thing. That is the only properly skeptical-and joyful attitude.

Why I prefer the Olympos over Socrates; Gods consist of valuing-pure, thus conscious and unconscious in one continuum, I believe it draws the mind into a richer soil. It has only one aim; to enrich. Marble is honest, it simply commands the highest order of men to it, by the difficulty of shaping it and its potential for hard beauty - the same goes for diamond.

Socrates was a hard material himself, against which Greece came to be shaped. However, I am his enemy, or natural adversary. His did not enrich, but impoverish; "because the Greeks no longer merited" one might say, but the fact that Rome stole predominantly the Gods and discarded most of the philosophy as inconsequential is enough to illustrate my point.

When the marble comes out, that is when things are decided, ties are cut that cannot endure, and visions of the future begin to demand sweat blood and tears without there being a war - the sap of the will begins to flow when the hammers and chisels are carried to the sacred stone. "If you build it he will come" is the law of the pagan gods.
Back to top Go down
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 3:59 pm

What do you think of the claim that all humans suffer defeat in the face of death? Death properly understood, of course: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2577467&sid=07dc3b45ce851e1162c0718ba5fe2673#p2577467
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:05 pm

IT IS TRUE

OUR VICTORY IS IN HOW WE MEET DEFEAT
IN WHAT IT IS THAT WE GIVE UP IN DEFEAT
AND HOW WE HAND IT OVER THE THE EARTH
THE NAME OF OUR BREATH IS OUR LAST

HA

SO IT IS OVERCOME
BY BREATH AS GIFT

BUT BREATHE DEEPLY
THAT A BUTTERFLY MAY BE BORN IN SEASON
AND NOT A MOSQUITO IN A DANK CORNER

FOR BLOODSUCKERS
ARE MERELY THOSE WITH SHALLOW BREATH
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:10 pm

BREATH IS SPIRIT

SOCRATES IS A HERO OF A PLAY HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND
NOR DO I UNDERSTAND MY OWN PART
BUT THIS I KNOW -
!!

I KNOW THAT I KNOW NOT
WHAT SOCRATES CLAIMED IS TRUE

I KNOW IT NOT

I KNOW NOT THAT THE WORLD IS BAD OR GOOD OR EVIL
I KNOW THAT BAD AND GOOD AND EVIL ARE FEARSOME WORDS
AND THAT FEAR IS IN THE WORLD AS IS THE WORD

HA

IS THE GAME OF GOD

OR ONE MIGHT SAY SHHHVVVAH

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:16 pm

GIVE BIRTH YE SUPERWOMEN UNDER THE EQUATOR
IN SWEET RAIN AS THE GODS GIVE IT
TRAVEL EAST AND SOUTH
IN THE WAY OF THE SUN FIND YOUR LOCUS

THEN GIVE BIRTH IN THE MUD

apes we were, and hospital wards we have become

let us make another ATTEMPT,
BUT WITH A STRAIGHT ARROW

HAIL ZEUS THE EXALTER
HAIL THE ARCHER
HAIL THE ARROW

PHILOSOPHIA IS A MANIA
THE GARDEN KNOWS IT
ITS KNOWLEDGE IS THE SNAKE

THE HOUR OF THE SNAKE IS UPON US
AS THE TITAN CREEPS TO THE BULLS EYE
SARAH CONNOR ALREADY KNOWS

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men are will to power, Women are power   Men are will to power, Women are power - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Men are will to power, Women are power
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3