Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who should I thank?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Who should I thank? Empty
PostSubject: Who should I thank?   Who should I thank? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 10:40 pm

If you start to thank the entities and traditions that have helped shape you, there is obviously no limit.
But a hierarchy might form under a higest entity to thank.

If you could thank one thing to account for all the experience and consequence of your existence, could there be such a word?

god is invented as such praise, thanks, but it is surely stale to autromatically attribute thanks to that "Him".
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Who should I thank?   Who should I thank? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 7:57 am

Start with your mom and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

PostSubject: Re: Who should I thank?   Who should I thank? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 11:49 am

Sisyphus wrote:
Start with your mom and go from there.

That's nice. I couldn't really start there though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

PostSubject: Re: Who should I thank?   Who should I thank? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
If you start to thank the entities and traditions that have helped shape you, there is obviously no limit.
But a hierarchy might form under a higest entity to thank.

If you could thank one thing to account for all the experience and consequence of your existence, could there be such a word?

god is invented as such praise, thanks, but it is surely stale to autromatically attribute thanks to that "Him".

For me, believe it or not, it would probably be the orphanage where I grew up...there but for ITS grace, go I.
It formed and structured  me in ways, the good and the bad but still I am in part who I am because of this entity.

But then again...perhaps it might be the positive DNA which flows through me, ALSO enabling me to be who I am, with all of my peculiarities, my sensibilities, my strengths, my sense of wonderment and curiosity, my sticktoitiveness...
How much of that am I alone responsible for and how much comes from the wonderful people who have gone before who in a sense flow within me who I have never met and shall never know or know of?

I can never forget the Universe, like the stars, who were at times such great company and consolation and inspiration for me and nature with everything within it that I can behold or experience within myself.

I have so much to be grateful for................it sometimes amazes me what I think and feel that makes me grateful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should I thank?   Who should I thank? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should I thank?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Storm :: Ethics-
Jump to: