Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your IM stuff?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

: 188

What is your IM stuff? Empty
PostSubject: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 am

I really didn't know where to put this... but I guess this could be vaguely political...

Anyways do any of you use an instant messanger and if so and you are willing what is it... i like to have real time chats every now and then and it would be cool if other philosophers were on there too... I use Yahoo, my account is freebird.robin@yahoo.com

Also if you were over at ILP I wouldn't mind knowing what your screen name was over their so I can cross over my preconceived notions...
Back to top Go down
without-music
builder
builder
without-music

: 47

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 am

I don't use any instant-messaging programs, but I do value real-time chat. Perhaps a chat function could be installed here, on the forum? In any case: perhaps we could confine questions and topics of this sort to private-messages, toward keeping the forum cleaner, more focused.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Yes a chat function would be nice on BTL...

...srry wish i had thought of mass PMing before posting this...
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Abstract wrote:
I really didn't know where to put this... but I guess this could be vaguely political...

Anyways do any of you use an instant messanger and if so and you are willing what is it... i like to have real time chats every now and then and it would be cool if other philosophers were on there too... I use Yahoo, my account is freebird.robin@yahoo.com

Also if you were over at ILP I wouldn't mind knowing what your screen name was over their so I can cross over my preconceived notions...
Laughing So - what if we choose not to be unmasked or take our own masks off - how would you go about crossing over your 'preconceived notions' without that help, Abstract? We sort of sacrifice something I feel when the work has been done for us - when we are given the knowledge or the answers rather than working through the questions or the experiences which happen within to us because of those questions.

What is the first - or one of them - invaluable tool toward relinguishing 'preconceived notions'?
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Abstract wrote:

Abstract, there IS a chat function here. Look at the bottom of the main screen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Oracle
Oracle
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm

VaerosTanarg wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Abstract, there IS a chat function here. Look at the bottom of the main screen. Smile
oh... that must be new...
I keep the page up so it may say im on when im really not but try to catch me on sometime and we can chat...
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 am

Abstract wrote:
VaerosTanarg wrote:
Abstract wrote:

oh... that must be new...
I keep the page up so it may say im on when im really not but try to catch me on sometime and we can chat...
I do the same thing...I may actually be in Ireland Smile at the time.
I wonder if that might sometimes be a distraction for us - and cause us to lose time and focus on the present.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your IM stuff?   What is your IM stuff? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your IM stuff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth-
Jump to: