Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Meals Empty
PostSubject: Meals   Meals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Incidentally, a good steak goes well with a simple seaside pasta: crab, tilapia or other whitefish, shell pasta, yogurt, peas, red pepper, carrots, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and pepper.

Rub speak with spices and sear on high heat in a little butter and oil for 1 minute a side only.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meals   Meals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Nice topic.

A steak is defrosting on the counter now.

I'm usually rather simple in the kitchen. Yesterday my dinner consisted of only a steak and onions.
Ill eat a lot of fruits and raw vegetables during the day, and I always have a strong breakfast.

Here's a good simple meal:

get 2 chicken filets, sambal oeleg, lettuce and garlic sauce and circular turkish bread or if unavailable some baguette type loaf.

Cut up the chicken in pieces, put in bowl with some finely shredded onions, add the sambal about a tablespoon. Stir.

Heat up oil, very hot, throw in the chicken, put a lid on, have it scorch for a minute, remove lid turn all chicken pieces, put lid back on, scorch for another minute or so, test if the chicken is all white inside, as soon as it is take out,

put garlic sauce and lettuce in bread, add chicken.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meals   Meals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Typical dutch meal Ive been missing this winter: Kale with smoked sausage.

The way my father makes it: 2/3 parts boiled kale, mashed with 1/3 boiled potatoes,
gravy from the meatballs from earlier (damn, thats a long procede, Ill have to add it later)
and 1 "Hema Rookworst". Would be difficult to acquire outside of Holland.

https://www.ah.nl.kpnis.nl/static/recepten/img_006188_445x297_JPG.jpg
A bit more than 1/3 potato was used here. Most Dutchmen use about half/half.

The sausage may not be the healthiest thing in the world. The kale probably is, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meals   Meals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth-
Jump to: