Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

: 125

Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Empty
PostSubject: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Here's just a little piece I wrote yesterday:

Quote :
Our lives are just the tips of icebergs, connected by our sharing in the whole past. Our job is to add that strange accident up to a collective counter-iceberg--turning our little sandheaps into hourglasses. Let us reflect that awesome ocean into the future--a night sky full of Giants--and in the middle a Sun, each his very own. (This is mine; where is yours?)

Speaking as an aristocrat, this is the challenge posed by one's Fathers: to be the mirror directly behind which there is another Father, the peer of one's own Father; and beyond that, another Grandfather, the peer of one's Grandfather, and so forth and so on. A pile is pounded in the ground, generation by generation, whose reflection is the House of one's Name--your name, O great ones!--my name, if reflected, as is only proper, in the purity of one's women...

A philosophical or theological Dionysus must re-create his whole world as his Ariadne.

I then went on to reflect on Buddhism, Transhumanism and Trump. There is an important strain in Buddhism which holds that a Boddhisattva ranks even higher than a Buddha--a Buddha being someone who just is in Nirvana, and a Boddhisattva being someone who leaves that height again in order to help others down below to gain Buddhahood themselves. However, the ideal remains the Enlightenment, the Buddhahood, of all sentient beings. This is then inconsistent, as the ideal should rather be the the Boddhisattvahood of all sentient beings. But a Boddisattva is someone who strives to further the Buddhahood of all sentient beings. Ergo...

Hedonistic Transhumanism likewise wants the bliss of all sentient beings. This is the "potentially [...] glorious future" such Transhumanists want to follow life's "grim past" (David Pearce, 2011 interview in Manniska Plus magazine). But can the future, however "glorious", ever justify the past for such people? If it can, and the future is as glorious as can be, then if that future eventually comes to an end, as it most probably shall, such people should want the eternal recurrence. But the same compassion that makes them judge that the pleasure of a beast of prey successfully hunting down a prey can never justify the corresponding horrors undergone by its prey must prevent them from feeling that way. Even in their universally shared bliss they would have to dwell on the "grimness" of the past--which would nullify their bliss. Those who _do_ feel that way, on the other hand, will want the future to be the mirror image of the past in all essential respects.

If Trump may well cause World War III, as many people fear, I should perhaps hail him, as "total nuclear annihilation" could make historical recurrence possible, and even literally total nuclear annihilation would not be an essential problem for one who wants man to go extinct sooner or later in order that there may be eternal recurrence. And even historical recurrence would only be second best to what a predominantly if not universally praised Trump might accomplish. Conserving or "regressing" to past levels of modern greatness may well be better than the "progress" demanded by his enemies--and in any case, must a Nietzsche Superman not affirm Christianity and modernity as well as Classical Antiquity and the Renaissance? But I do not want America to become great "again", but to become greater than it has ever been or to fully actualise its potential greatness. Like Hillary before him, I can only endorse Trump if he transcends modernity--which I still think should happen in terms of this passionate plea, even though I disagree with the guy's suggestion of what consciousness is:

https://youtu.be/Y0c5nIvJH7w?t=12m9s

And in terms of my "State of the World Adress" to which his plea directly inspired me:

http://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2622021#p2622021

But what am I saying? Go ahead, bring the whole house of cards down around our heads! HAIL TRUMP!!
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 am

Many concepts in that post.

As to being a mirror reflection of someone in the past, no, I can't do that. But I do try to reflect back what is presented to me. This has roots in Daoism.

No, I don't believe Nietzshe's Superman need affirm Christianity. Acknowledge it, absolutely. Deny the need for it? Perhaps.

We can never go back in time. We can never return to the past and make a different choice. We must live with the choices we made yesterday. If they were bad choices we can try to correct the "cause and effect" process.

I cannot be a transhuman. But I can change myself to become a better human - a better man - perhaps a Superman? Or at least one who presents himself as being sagely on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am

Yes, Trump is pushing fears to the edge, but I feel calmer than Ive ever felt with regards to the political future. Whatever wars may come, they will be very functional and deliberate. The risk of world war was real in 2015. I don't recognize the risk now. But I am very happy the world now lives in this fear. It means the world is taking the time to consider its future.

A few questions:

Is annihilation really your objective? What of your own life here and now, do you not want to be king in this world?
How would the annihilation of mankind make the ER more likely to your mind?
Would you welcome a breakup of the EU, and/or civil war, or widespread irregularities and civic violence in the continent?
Do you still see Amsterdam as a potential capital of a modified European order?

Whats your expectations of and your thoughts on the upcoming French elections?

I'm personally not sure I want Le Pen to win - I'd welcome a Frexit under the right circumstances, but France is fundamentally fashionable, as you very well have expressed, and Le Pen is really not fashionable at all. France would suffer 'bigly' in its self-image. I would guess Macron is going to win, even if simply because the French do not want to admit to wrinkles in their dress/suit. And unlike any other country, it actually has a legitimate concern here. France must maintain a little superiority of style, else it has very little left.

Macron is a brash, drunken styled very uppity French dandy, whose English is fittingly and absolutely absurd, someone who through sheer erratic energy might pull off some really good deals for France inside the EU. As much as he appears a bureaucratic rat at times, he also appears lustful and full of life, very French qualities that Le Pen lacks, along with the present leadership.

Macron seems like a happier Sarkozy.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 am

The concept of nihilism is interesting to me because it can be used in opposite ways, for example one could view the impulse to want nuclear annihilation and the end of mankind as nihilistic, including that one could view the idea of how this would allow for an "eternal recurrence" as equally nihilistic in the same way that finding respite in the idea of heaven is nihilistic; or, one could view the impulse to want to keep everything as it is and to avoid destruction as nihilistic.

I tend to come down on the former side, I see the impulse or desire for the destruction of mankind or massive nuclear world war as coming from a nihilistic sentiment. It just depends on how we assign meaning to the terms. Is humanity more meaningful in its present developmental course, or more meaningful in an imagined post-apocalyptic world where the elites or whatever get to repopulate the earth out of their bunkers, or more meaningful if all humans were to die and nature took over again and started the experiment of evolving self-conscious life anew? Just depends on how you look at the current developmental history of humanity thus-far, since that is what we stand to lose if nuclear world war occurs.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 am

I just dont envision how a nuclear war could emerge now. Only North Korea wants it, and it can get it, we can just have it evaporate and be done with it. China and Russia will suffer some fallout but not enough that they'd start to toss bombs on that US so that they themselves are 100 guaranteed to be evaporated as well. No.

It was different in 2015, when they were actually attacking Russia directly. The nukes would have rained down on Europe.

So far for the practical side.

I see the will to world destruction also as the will to nothingness, and I do not think that anything can come out of nothing - so essentially, I do not believe it is a path to recurrence of any kind of thing. It's relatively easy to split the Earth, have it crumble, and with any luck destabilize the entire solar system. But this would not that I could reasonably speculate bring the universe closer to ending itself, re-inventing itself out of nothingness, and then reproducing an Earth out of identical atoms.

Local wars will likely erupt, but Trump and the Trumpenarmy are so far superior to all the other armies combined, that the risk of China and/or Russia going to open war directly with the US is small, and the risk of them going to nuclear war is virtually nil. No one stands to gain from that, and since none of the big three stand to lose his entire country either, there is no reason for them to risk annihilation.  

I can not for the life of me see how it is more dangerous to engage and selectively bomb, or even totally destroy NK than to let it continue building nukes and intercontinental missiles. Fuck em. They suffered the war in 1950 because they invaded the South. It's all on them. They have it coming just like Germany in 1945. It's too obvious what they're doing. Too stupid, it can't stand.

All economic reasons for invading NK taken into consideration (I dont feel like interfering with this at all, so Ill leave people too google it), I would still  be happy to see their regime broken.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 am

Yes, if NK loses its main ally China then it would make sense to do a sudden preemptive strike on their nuclear facilities... and make sure they understand that if they launch a single missile or invade a single troop into S Korea then Russia, China, and the US will obliterate them instantly.

I wish I could think that nuclear war was virtually impossible, but I don't think that. It's all about escalation. If any conventional war takes place it won't be long before one side uses a small battlefield nuke in desperation to win a key fight, and once that happens it will escalate rapidly up to full thermonuclear.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:46 pm

This is why I do not expect ground-wars between superpowers. There arent any indications of such a thing erupting. Russia's response to the missile attack was as mild as they get, and China's warnings continuously concern NK exclusively. Both China and Russia know there is no path to victory against Trump. That's fantastic, as against Obama there was no path to defeat. All of his policies made sure the US was sinking into helplessness, which is a position from which nukes may actually be launched in a panic.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Yes very true. Stability is achieved between different entities when there are common and great powers held by each entity. Look at the human body as an example, or even the mind or emotions to see how balance of powers in tension creates ontic substances and the possibilities for epistemic-tectonic "soul growth".

Trump can and will return this kind of sanity to the situation amongst China and Russia, I can't deny that I'm already seeing it occur. Trump and Putin must play this part of skeptical minor aggression or unwilling to come fully to the table even though each wants to do that, because the power-tension must be maintained. Only after that tension has built up enough substance to where an existentia begins to proliferate therein, will more relaxed meetings occur.

If Trump and Putin, or Tillerson and whoever his Russian counterpart is, were to suddenly be buddy buddy on the same page, this would actually risk breaking down the common tension in the substances that keep Russia and US not only separate but also drawn together. I suspect that the Russian flights near the US border and ships is a kind of symbolic gesture of this... "we won't attack you, but don't forget that we could" which in a deeper value-layer means "we are 'attacking' you (doing close fly-bys for example) so that we don't have to", which at an even deeper layer means "let's talk, but not too openly just yet".
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Great explication.

I think Tillersons counterpart Lavrov is a very powerful mind, someone Putin really relies on.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/10/12/sot-amanpour-sergey-lavrov-us-election-pussies.cnn
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, the main process of the universe is creation and destruction. Wait long enough, the Earth will be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Many concepts in that post.

As to being a mirror reflection of someone in the past, no, I can't do that.  But I do try to reflect back what is presented to me.  This has roots in Daoism.

I wasn't talking about being a mirror reflection of someone in the past, but of being a "mirror" in whose "image" the greatness of one's whole past is weighed up against. This can be through one's actual, physical children or through one's "brainchildren", etc. Thus Nietzsche in the Genealogy cites some Indian saying, "whither offspring for him whose soul is the world?" But a political philosopher wants his vision of the future to become reality, preferably through the vision itself, the effect it has on him. Anyway, the latter is a thought I had during my high but which I forgot to mention.

Sisyphus wrote:
No, I don't believe Nietzshe's Superman need affirm Christianity.  Acknowledge it, absolutely.  Deny the need for it?  Perhaps.

I'm certain he must affirm Christianity. I can quote you to that extent if you want (book is at home so I can't right now). And it's only logical: how could one affirm the ER yet exclude Christianity from it?

Sisyphus wrote:
We can never go back in time.  We can never return to the past and make a different choice.  We must live with the choices we made yesterday.  If they were bad choices we can try to correct the "cause and effect" process.

Yes, but the Nietzschean task is to will the recurrence even of all bad choices that have been made.

::

Fixed Cross wrote:
Yes, Trump is pushing fears to the edge, but I feel calmer than Ive ever felt with regards to the political future. Whatever wars may come, they will be very functional and deliberate. The risk of world war was real in 2015. I don't recognize the risk now. But I am very happy the world now lives in this fear. It means the world is taking the time to consider its future.

Yeah, I'm not saying those fears are warranted. But if I speak out for Trump I'd do so with the Left in mind, affirming Trump as they perceive him.

Quote :
A few questions:

Is annihilation really your objective? What of your own life here and now, do you not want to be king in this world?

Yes, annihilation is not my objective, it would just not be an essential problem. As I said, it would be my third or second choice (total and not quite total, respectively)--and even then only to a Trump who does not transcend modernity.

Quote :

Well, at some point in the past, mankind did not exist. Therefore, if the ER is to be a fact, mankind must again not exist at some point in the future. But this may be sooner or later; it need not be sooner rather than later.

Quote :
Would you welcome a breakup of the EU, and/or civil war, or widespread irregularities and civic violence in the continent?

I welcome whatever happens. In fact, I no longer want to influence what happens on a political level other than by welcoming whatever happens. I'm not talking about the butterfly effect, of course; and in fact, I want to influence what happens by welcoming whatever happens... And because this is a paradox, I want to welcome even my having no influence if that happens to be the case.

Quote :

If Amsterdam or the Netherlands can be caused enough national pride in the idea that it's sooo international, open, liberal, maybe. That was the original idea. But I personally don't see how a nation could rightfully take pride unless it be in the mindfulness described by Heidegger in his Rektoratsrede. I'm a philosophical supremacist, after all.

Quote :

I don't really have any; it doesn't interest me. I'm sorry.

Thrasymachus wrote:
The concept of nihilism is interesting to me because it can be used in opposite ways, for example one could view the impulse to want nuclear annihilation and the end of mankind as nihilistic, including that one could view the idea of how this would allow for an "eternal recurrence" as equally nihilistic in the same way that finding respite in the idea of heaven is nihilistic; or, one could view the impulse to want to keep everything as it is and to avoid destruction as nihilistic.

I tend to come down on the former side, I see the impulse or desire for the destruction of mankind or massive nuclear world war as coming from a nihilistic sentiment. It just depends on how we assign meaning to the terms. Is humanity more meaningful in its present developmental course, or more meaningful in an imagined post-apocalyptic world where the elites or whatever get to repopulate the earth out of their bunkers, or more meaningful if all humans were to die and nature took over again and started the experiment of evolving self-conscious life anew? Just depends on how you look at the current developmental history of humanity thus-far, since that is what we stand to lose if nuclear world war occurs.

Consider my reply to Sisyphus above; I don't necessarily want nuclear annihilation. But one remark: in order for historical (as distinct from eternal) recurrence to happen, it must not be the elites who repopulate the earth, or at least they must cease being elites; they must be forced to become simple people, taking care of the bare necessities of human life. I mean, unless, as you say, all humans were to die and nature started over again at the sub-human level.

By "the current developmental history of humanity thus-far", do you mean to suggest that history has been progressive? Or at least that it has now progressed further than it ever has before? Historical recurrence means the occurrence of peaks as great as the greatest peaks of the past. It means the occurrence of a developmental history of humanity as great as the current one. It means the occurrence of something as glorious as, say, the past 3,000 years...

Lastly, as for North Korea, I think it may achieve its supreme destiny in provoking being blown to bits; and wouldn't that be the least troublesome form of nuclear annihilation? I mean, more than any other people, the people of North-Korea have been reduced to empty husks, just going through the motions of day-to-day life.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 am

Sauwelios wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:

As to being a mirror reflection of someone in the past, no, I can't do that.  But I do try to reflect back what is presented to me.  This has roots in Daoism.

I wasn't talking about being a mirror reflection of someone in the past, but of being a "mirror" in whose "image" the greatness of one's whole past is weighed up against. This can be through one's actual, physical children or through one's "brainchildren", etc. Thus Nietzsche in the Genealogy cites some Indian saying, "whither offspring for him whose soul is the world?" But a political philosopher wants his vision of the future to become reality, preferably through the vision itself, the effect it has on him. Anyway, the latter is a thought I had during my high but which I forgot to mention.

I can't even do that because my life philosophy is rooted in a few different perspectives which, if taken in total, would present too many conflicting ideal. I will just remain special and unique.

Sisyphus wrote:
No, I don't believe Nietzshe's Superman need affirm Christianity.  Acknowledge it, absolutely.  Deny the need for it?  Perhaps.

I'm certain he must affirm Christianity. I can quote you to that extent if you want (book is at home so I can't right now). And it's only logical: how could one affirm the ER yet exclude Christianity from it?

If we look closely at this I think we would find that Nietzsche does affirm Judaism but denies Christianity.

Sisyphus wrote:
We can never go back in time.  We can never return to the past and make a different choice.  We must live with the choices we made yesterday.  If they were bad choices we can try to correct the "cause and effect" process.

Yes, but the Nietzschean task is to will the recurrence even of all bad choices that have been made.

I will not do that. It is too negatively emotional. To acknowledge them is good enough. To repeat them is, IMO, stupidity. We are supposed to learn from our bad choices, not repeat them.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am

Sauwelios wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

Yeah, I'm not saying those fears are warranted. But if I speak out for Trump I'd do so with the Left in mind, affirming Trump as they perceive him.

But why is that? Why would a Nietzschean orient on the left? It seems to me a weak and infertile type of people where facts and truth will always find only hostility.
Not that 'the Right' is so great, btw.

I dont think there is much reward for a philosopher there - no edification on either side, none for you, certainly none for them, as edification through facts is factually antithetical to the way the left works. On the left, fare invariably scorned. What's trusted is a single particular sentiment, something I read as self-glorifying self-pity.

Quote :
Quote :
A few questions:

Yes, annihilation is not my objective, it would just not be an essential problem. As I said, it would be my third or second choice (total and not quite total, respectively)--and even then only to a Trump who does not transcend modernity.

But that seems nihilistic. I gather that you value the world rather beyond your own terms than in terms of yourself -
perhaps this is cause to some distress - I think, I know that you are worth more than that, that you are a creator of circumstance, a forging giant of poesis.
Politics is beneath all that. Modern politics and modern science are both below that.
My genius has created a new, and at once more archaic science. A Science belonging to such forging giants.
What Im saying is, only partial annihilation is justified, as my work stands at the beginning of a new type of rulership of Man/Mind/Mannaz - one that grows stronger as the old society collapses.

Quote :
Quote :

Well, at some point in the past, mankind did not exist. Therefore, if the ER is to be a fact, mankind must again not exist at some point in the future. But this may be sooner or later; it need not be sooner rather than later.

It seems like leaving the stage in the hope to be re entering it by what Id consider miraculous providence - and then only just to leave it again, without much care for it.

You seem to suffer from some nihilism at least - in that you consider the World Process as you imagine it as higher than yourself - and your imagining of this World Process - where, to my mind, that is all there is in reality - your thoughts on this. These thoughts are why I value the ER - as an inspiration to you, and other 'orthodox' Nietzscheans - - but I value it negatively if the notion of recurring trumps the notion of occurring.

Quote :
Quote :

I welcome whatever happens. In fact, I no longer want to influence what happens on a political level other than by welcoming whatever happens. I'm not talking about the butterfly effect, of course; and in fact, I want to influence what happens by welcoming whatever happens... And because this is a paradox, I want to welcome even my having no influence if that happens to be the case.

I think this is only sensible now, with the situation in Europe certainly.

Quote :
Quote :

If Amsterdam or the Netherlands can be caused enough national pride in the idea that it's sooo international, open, liberal, maybe. That was the original idea. But I personally don't see how a nation could rightfully take pride unless it be in the mindfulness described by Heidegger in his Rektoratsrede. I'm a philosophical supremacist, after all.

Right - rightful pride is not within the scope of possibility now. It would be a construct. And that is not worthy.

Quote :
Quote :

I don't really have any; it doesn't interest me. I'm sorry.

That makes sense now.
I dont expect any resolution from it, for what thats worth.

Quote :
Lastly, as for North Korea, I think it may achieve its supreme destiny in provoking being blown to bits; and wouldn't that be the least troublesome form of nuclear annihilation? I mean, more than any other people, the people of North-Korea have been reduced to empty husks, just going through the motions of day-to-day life.

What I anticipate is a partial opening up of the nation, after a regime change, where it becomes a mediating state for China and Russia. I think this may turn into a gigantic economic and cultural breakthrough for South East Asia, and a lead in to a process of some thousands of years.

Europe is becoming less relevant.

Back to top Go down
Sauwelios
bowstring
bowstring
Sauwelios

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Sauwelios wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

But why is that? Why would a Nietzschean orient on the left? It seems to me a weak and infertile type of people where facts and truth will always find only hostility.
Not that 'the Right' is so great, btw.

Right. The thing is, I consider all of modernity to be relatively quite left. The "Left" is simply in a more advanced stage of decay. And I think there is no going back.

Quote :
I dont think there is much reward for a philosopher there - no edification on either side, none for you, certainly none for them, as edification through facts is factually antithetical to the way the left works. On the left, f[acts ]are invariably scorned. What's trusted is a single particular sentiment, something I read as self-glorifying self-pity.

Yes, but though philosophy is of necessity edifying, it must beware of wishing to be edifying. Maybe I can edify the Left by allowing them to wallow in hopeless despair (cf. WP 55); but even this must not be my aim. My aim is to make the Angel from plates 22-24 of Blake's MHH embrace the flame of fire and become a Devil himself (http://www.gailgastfield.com/mhh/mhh.html).

Quote :
Quote :
Quote :
A few questions:

But that seems nihilistic. I gather that you value the world rather beyond your own terms than in terms of yourself -
perhaps this is cause to some distress - I think, I know that you are worth more than that, that you are a creator of circumstance, a forging giant of poesis.
Politics is beneath all that. Modern politics and modern science are both below that.
My genius has created a new, and at once more archaic science. A Science belonging to such forging giants.
What Im saying is, only partial annihilation is justified, as my work stands at the beginning of a new type of rulership of Man/Mind/Mannaz - one that grows stronger as the old society collapses.

Look, even if it's my last choice, annihilation is still a choice. It's still better than the eternal rule of the Last Man. As Nietzsche says somewhere near the end of the WP, "Prevention of reduction to mediocrity. Rather destruction!" (I'm pretty sure the word translated as "destruction" is Vernichtung, "annihilation".) And remember: I can never be annihilated in this moment. Kairos, the mindful moment, says: "Après moi, le deluge!" All I need is the edifying vision of being--the edifying will, which need by no means be a will to edification!

Quote :
Quote :
Quote :

It seems like leaving the stage in the hope to be re entering it by what Id consider miraculous providence - and then only just to leave it again, without much care for it.

You seem to suffer from some nihilism at least - in that you consider the World Process as you imagine it as higher than yourself - and your imagining of this World Process - where, to my mind, that is all there is in reality - your thoughts on this. These thoughts are why I value the ER - as an inspiration to you, and other 'orthodox' Nietzscheans - - but I value it negatively if the notion of recurring trumps the notion of occurring.

No, look: it is all about my imagining this world process for me. I do not "hope" to re-enter the stage, it's just that the way I want to imagine the world process entails my re-entering it. The occurrence of the vision of recurrence trumps all other considerations.

Quote :
Quote :

What I anticipate is a partial opening up of the nation, after a regime change, where it becomes a mediating state for China and Russia. I think this may turn into a gigantic economic and cultural breakthrough for South East Asia, and a lead in to a process of some thousands of years.

That would probably be even better than what I suggested.

Quote :
Europe is becoming less relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnqS7G3LmMo

This video has suggested to me that the US may be the new Europe or UK, meaning it, too, will become less relevant (supposing it hasn't already begun to do so a while ago): just as the Atlantic basically became the new Mediterranean (the world became "smaller" because of technological progress), the Pacific may well become the even newer Mediterranean and China become the new US, the even newer Europe or UK. And if Jared Diamond--who is referred to in the video--is right about China, the collapse preceding historical recurrence may happen when China has gone over the top, as it has many times in the past. (There is no bigger ocean than the Pacific, unless it be the "star ocean"--which man could of course colonise just like Europe colonised America. Then the process need not stop when China has peaked.)
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

By far the most important point I got out of this is that of the vision you seek, the priority. It is such an important point that I am puzzled that i did not see it much earlier.
Of course I understand this - I was blinded to the necessity of such a vision after indeed I had attained it, in my radical way of interpreting my own theory, where I place myself literally at the beginning of a new universe.
I do not need to comply with any other interpretation of reality other than the empirically demonstrable - and all that fits perfectly within my new universe.
I am Thor's hammer, I've become it.
And then - there was darkness.
Because as I had turned to lightning, the world became vastly slow and black.
My friends - the discovery of true loyalty through philosophy has become the new light.
Hence my willingness to go to radical extremes to keep this meaning of friendship alive - it is all the meaning that is left in it for me now - dedication to the great work. But as you well know it was never any different - it is only now that the necessity of the exclusion of the lesser has occurred. The lesser has tried to usurp the spirit, and must now be destroyed where it can't be simply banished.

Ik ben een Paasei
In my dragon like vision of pride this phrase with the song it represents is a perfectly adequate example of standing at the beginning of the universe - it is indifferent and glorious and violent and yet makes more sense to the spirit of the Child than logic can. It is a true work of genius and I am proud to host it in my life as one of my lesser gods.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:09 pm

My redeeming vision for the rest of the world through this primacy of my Thought is that wherever beauty is produced, merit is guaranteed. Wherever it is not, merit must be found in the enjoyment of beauty.
All else is suspect.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:18 pm

To imitate the Earth itself, that is creating beauty and enjoying it -
we don't ask for what purpose, the Earth has no purposes for itself, it only hosts them.
To be a ground to purpose-giving, that's a lofty nature, and it is the nature of our organization, precisely as it is no organization, but a fractal like fraternity, where everything attributes to an alikeness because of its extreme contrasts, and all this evokes an infinitude of scale. A Universe, indeed -
but one at its outset.

All we do in this name will echo into eternity - eternity is by these echos created -- eternity resounds in our echos.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:21 pm

And the Beauty of this Fixed Truth is that it resounds back from eternity into the present.
This is the blood of my writing - Eternity is my daughter.  Her mother is philosophy unclad and manifold.
Eternity, once created, usurps the creator.

The key - and how well you have taught me this by SHIVA - is to find a justification for absolute violence, to counter the absolute sloth of the Last Man.

"Dance, motherfucker!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.   Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reflecting on yesterday's high with watered-down wine.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation :: Nietzsche Campfire-
Jump to: