Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Youtube Philosophy

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8671

Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

I disagree that balance is static.

It's okay to disagree with me.  I'm not going to force you to be right.

How modest of you Sisyphus! I thank you.
I will remain with the idea that absolute stasis isn't possible, so that balance must be a motion with respect to another motion.

Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

I disagree that balance is static.

It's okay to disagree with me.  I'm not going to force you to be right.

How modest of you Sisyphus! I thank you.
I will remain with the idea that absolute stasis isn't possible, so that balance must be a motion with respect to another motion.

I'm glad you accepted that with a smile.

Yeah, I suppose I could here say: cause and effect. Living causes change. Change is required o regain balance. Harmony is constant change including the highs and the lows as well as the mid-ranges.

Death is static. I'm not ready for that yet.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Main-qimg-bb2206fc0516cd4c9758e76fb7aeaf41-c

Balance and growth are related, quite keenly.

Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 6:43 am

Damn! Those numbers were presented to me only two days ago in a documentary I was watching.

I was never drawn to the study of numerology but I think much practical knowledge is contained within the concept of fractals.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 7:08 am

I've seen that image with tree branches before. I tried looking at actual trees to see if the branches are distributed like that, according to the Fibonacci sequence. I wasn't able to find that this was the case in reality. If you never do see a tree that has branches like that, take a photo and post here so I can see.

There are a lot of other examples of Fibonacci and the Golden Ratio though, in nature, in our bodies, etc.

Must one not first hate oneself, in order to love oneself? ...
I am your labyrinth ...”.  -N

“A man is not great if he is not small, and he is not small if he is not great. Concepts flirt with the loss of their significance in the oscillation between ambiguous states, and this is in part the function and purpose of concepts.” -Primer on Meaning
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Its also not actually necessary for a tree to balance like this - its a misunderstanding of why growth balances out at Phi.
Which is due to weight distribution.

Growth per the golden ratio occurs in such things as a rams horn or a snail house or a human ear because it maintains equal relative weight distribution during the growth - at no point in the process does the weight of the object tilt to one side.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 11:43 am

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 10:19 am

Sauwelios wrote:

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 11:19 am

An oldie, from the first days.

Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Philosophy   Youtube Philosophy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youtube Philosophy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Archives-
Jump to: