Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nietzsche was a philosopher

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I'll never desire or advocate genocide, but yeah, war is coming. Let's be like Vikings and prepare raids of the ideological hinterlands.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:52 pm

War is hell if you have to do the dirty work. The politicians would never dirty their hands with such matters.

The natural evolution of the planet will take care of matters. We either take care of it or it will take care of us.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 am

Edit, I changed the title of this thread to reflect that I don't really consider seriously that Nietzsche wasn't actually a philosopher.... of course he was a philosopher, but I still disagree with large aspects of his method as with some of his conclusions.

I wish he had been even more a philosopher. But I don't begrudge him, at least he did his best. Probably.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Edit, I changed the title of this thread to reflect that I don't really consider seriously that Nietzsche wasn't actually a philosopher.... of course he was a philosopher, but I still disagree with large aspects of his method as with some of his conclusions.

I wish he had been even more a philosopher. But I don't begrudge him, at least he did his best. Probably.

Great. That makes me feel a bit better about this thread.

For sure, there a numerous things Nietzsche wrote that I don't agree with. But reading him was refreshing for me back in the 1980s. He gave me roots for my personal philosophy of life.

Of course, I didn't stop with Nietzsche because I still felt that my philosophy was still missing a lot of needed root values. Albert Camus jumped into my life and then Taoism. I have actually stopped looking for any greater fulfillment.

I still enjoy talking with others though because little bits of wisdom keep popping up from others.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 4:24 am

I retract my previous statements here. I was wrong. Nietzsche is a philosopher, and will to power is all that really matters. He was right. Damn.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 5:01 am

Where is the point at which Nietzschean truth enters the mind?

One possible answer: the point at which you realize there is always a line beyond which no one gives a fuck about you.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
Where is the point at which Nietzschean truth enters the mind?

One possible answer: the point at which you realize there is always a line beyond which no one gives a fuck about you.

I have always viewed "the will to power" as the will to have the power to live one's own life the way one feels is best for them. Rather than follow the herd, become an Anarchist.

Nietzsche's truth enters one's mind when they have finally attained self-realization. Many people never attain this state.

Other's value of you is what they feel you are worth to them. It's all about "What's in it for me?"

If you are worthless people will leave you alone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nietzsche was a philosopher   Nietzsche was a philosopher - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nietzsche was a philosopher
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2