Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Religion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm

If I had to say what my honest religion is, the one I have stood in halls of and felt, it is the Odinic one.

I went many times to a summer camp in Vermont with a norse theme. This might seem silly. But it was very powerful and very real. There I learnt the words Odin, Thor, Loki and Norse. We made shields and wood swords and helmets as marks of achievement that took great dedication (I myself never had the constance to earn one). Near the end of the season, there where many great ceremonies, including a great feast in the main hall with much pine and turky and merryness. In that same hall, many sessions of singing in which the director would without fail grab some small child and fling him in the air. There was the great nighttime bonfire at the end, where the different clans related their adventures, those who earned shields, swords or helmets (Loki, Thor and Odin grades, respectively) presented them. We carried candles all of us, and it was a mark of pride to let the wax drip on your hand and form a shell without complaint, except those who had shields who proudly let the wax melt on it. There were moments of great silence as the fire crackled and sent ashes to the starry sky.

The shield of the camp was an indian style tower of heads, which I have since learned the Vikings also had.

It angers me that I have to deal with this Nazi shit. Truly. They are fucking communists.

My favorite song we had ended with "...like a valiant old Norse Viking."

We were all white. Even those of us, the few, who were South American or Mexican. It was the one time in my life where that didn't seem weird. It may be at its core a racist religion, except it would not discriminate indians who, somehow, seem to have had essencially the same religion, if a little harsher. I tend more to think it is simply a religion of the north. For a black man to practice it, he would probably need to be the result of many generations of norse black men.

I am forcing myself to look at this part, because it probably means that I can not again practice this religion, except in a capacity as embassador (of peace or war).

Perthro Algiz Algiz
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:57 am

Wonderful read.

Im pretty sure it is not racist though but type-ist.
Hence, why a similar type of a different race is gladly welcomed easily incorporated, per the Indian example.

Of course it is a white religion, coming out of Siberia and Scandinavia, but black ghetto culture is much more Viking and inspiring to Viking soul than much of what goes for white culture now. I think a lot of blacks are very entertained and comforted by Viking-like white people, Im sure more so than by much of the other religious instincts among whites.

In a sense the Odinic religion is a rare type of European culture that relates to the Earf and doesn't seek any excuses. Its probably the only way to make many of other races understand that whites aren't godless.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 5:30 am

This got me thinking and a load of memories are falling into place.

It now becomes clear to me that what the Odinic religion does to its worshippers is take them out of the mass, the majority, the "race", the protected culture, and turns them into a minority. A very far from sad minority, but the sense is definite.

For example, only since I stated worshipping Odin, I have been feeling like a distinct ethnic exception throughout most of my interactions with the public. It runs deep, it feels so deep as to be seeming to regulate my electrical frequency,

I notice there isn't a way to directly express this very effectively. But my point, feeling is that Odin makes it possible for me to dissociate entirely from all white people that aren't Odinic and he associates me closer to all tribal peoples of all colours.

What is now further away than ever is mass-religion, as well as mass-culture.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

Indeed, I fear you are correct.

That is what it felt like.

And about everything else you say too.

But I am a man of the masses, and need Gods of masses. Much as it breaks my heart.

The Greek Gods, the gods of Zeus and Dionisus beside them, are the first true gods of civilization. They can incorporate all levels of luxury, mass, sophistication, wildness, all the radical forces that make up societies of masses.

Roman Gods are enslaving, it has to be said, they like owning slaves while Greek Gods simply have no problem with it. And pre-Greek mediterranean Gods are of masses, but not of civilization. They are very radical and can endure things like human sacrifice if it is offered to them.

Greek gods are not too different from Norse Gods, and their predilection for mass societies is probably the only difference that imports.

So. As a son of Zeus. Hail.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

And finally, because I guess they bear mentioning:

The Egyptian and Sumerian Gods were of civilizations, but not of masses. That is, not worldly.

Zeus is the first worldly God. That's why the Romans latched on like they did.

The Japanese Gods are the Shin, from the land of the Shin, and we'll leave them there, in their lands. To me Japan is what to many Israel is.

The Chinese Gods, well shit, I guess we're all about to find out.

And yeah, we all enjoy buhddism. The aesthetics. Except the Indian one, that Buhddism is creepy.

Which brings us to India. Actually, no it doesn't. Crazy basterds, there is a reason they invented Buddha. Enough to know that they got at some point farther than anyone has ever got and probably ever will get, and that is good. It happened. If you want that again, hope you reencarnate a prince in that world, for Zeus will not allow such Tyranny ever, ever. Ever. It is death war. So chill out. Seriously, chill out. Learn a Zen tea ceremony. And chill out.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 am

Pezer wrote:
Indeed, I fear you are correct.

That is what it felt like.

And about everything else you say too.

But I am a man of the masses, and need Gods of masses. Much as it breaks my heart.

Don't sweat it, Zeus is my god too and as a musician and philosopher I am cosmopolitan enough.
But like you had your tribal pride in your heritage from early on, I only found it in 2015, coming back from an exhausting drive through all of continental Western Europe.
It was kickstarted a year earlier in Greece, though. That showed me a level of power that gods left traces of that Id not felt anywhere, precisely as it was supposed to be. Scintillating rawness of that.  

Quote :
The Greek Gods, the gods of Zeus and Dionisus beside them, are the first true gods of civilization. They can incorporate all levels of luxury, mass, sophistication, wildness, all the radical forces that make up societies of masses.

Roman Gods are enslaving, it has to be said, they like owning slaves while Greek Gods simply have no problem with it. And pre-Greek mediterranean Gods are of masses, but not of civilization. They are very radical and can endure things like human sacrifice if it is offered to them.

Interesting points you make there.
Would you say Venus is more enslaving than Aphrodite?

Quote :
Greek gods are not too different from Norse Gods, and their predilection for mass societies is probably the only difference that imports.

So. As a son of Zeus. Hail.

All hail.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

They just... Are more inclusive of slavery into their structure. Inner courtyards within inner courtyards.

Minerva's owls.

The first reaction to a massive population surge was to insulate the few and enslave the many. Structurally.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:49 am

Greeks had many slaves, but they always feared them, and it was weird to have them, and this weirdness was part of the pride in having them.

Not so Rome! A Roman slave was neither weird nor feared.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:51 am

Pezer wrote:
And finally, because I guess they bear mentioning:

The Egyptian and Sumerian Gods were of civilizations, but not of masses. That is, not worldly.

Zeus is the first worldly God. That's why the Romans latched on like they did.

Yes, they Etruscanized Zeus, and the Olympos.
These Etruscans were of a most prolific hardness before the earth.
The Roman gods are more infernal, I believe so too yes.

They didn't really need a Hades. To the Etruscans the gods were directly tied to their elaborate preparations for death, as was much of life.
The genius of Roman conquest relies in no small part on the peace that this part of the republics ancestry had prepared with death - they could swiftly send millions on their way to the shadowy lands - their humility, which also allowed for the Christ, is in not seeing themselves as superior to others beyond the threshold of this life - Roma greatness is of citizenry, not of spirit - in spirit, we are much the same, subject to the mighty forces none can control.
The Greeks did not concern themselves with death as much as that.
Egypt did, but not in an as earthly way as the Etruscans, who might be said to have rendered themselves feminine before the masculine nature of death. Tough earthling, who together with neighbourly peoples became the representatives of life and death on this earth. The Greeks did not do that or want that.

Quote :
The Japanese Gods are the Shin, from the land of the Shin, and we'll leave them there, in their lands. To me Japan is what to many Israel is.

You do Israel a great honour by giving them this means of comparison. I did hear a Japanese person speak about - right, the girlfriend of Cottonman, she from Japan, she told me that Japanese claim that the Jews landed there one very long go and gave their genes. She told it as a source of pride.
Japan. I can't go there before I speak some Japanese.  

Quote :
The Chinese Gods, well shit, I guess we're all about to find out.

They have one god: the Yellow Emperor. The man among dragons. I think he is credited with basically every aspect of their culture.
Xi is clearly considered to be a godly heir. And his complexion is indeed of an ancient regality.

Quote :
And yeah, we all enjoy buhddism. The aesthetics. Except the Indian one, that Buhddism is creepy.

What about Tai Buddhism?
In the sauna a Turkish man was talking to a woman bout is first travel, to Sri Lanka. Very nice to listen to under the circumstances.

Quote :
Which brings us to India. Actually, no it doesn't. Crazy basterds, there is a reason they invented Buddha. Enough to know that they got at some point farther than anyone has ever got and probably ever will get, and that is good. It happened. If you want that again, hope you reencarnate a prince in that world, for Zeus will not allow such Tyranny ever, ever. Ever. It is death war. So chill out. Seriously, chill out. Learn a Zen tea ceremony. And chill out.

Good point, Buddha as the saviour from Krishna on Kurukshetra.

Buddha and Krishna as opposites.
Hmmmmm.

good, good.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:55 am

Pezer wrote:
Greeks had many slaves, but they always feared them, and it was weird to have them, and this weirdness was part of the pride in having them.

Not so Rome! A Roman slave was neither weird nor feared.

Also, Greek slaves were from all over the place and generally aggressively strange to their customs, but the Roman house slave was most usually (because most efficiently) a Greek. This fact was one of the first I learned in classical school, as stories would include a greek slave tutoring the kid - being considered on equal footing with the kid, mockingly referred to as greaculus.
'Little Greek', "Greekie".
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 pm

We'll chalk that up to the self-destruct button that was Plato.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 pm

The Tai and the Cambodian and I believe to a lesser extent the Vietnamese and all indochinese are heirs of a weird, beautiful, weird, powerful weird culture that we are lucky has been preserved.

The yuxtaposition of the Hindu with the humility of the Chinese and the grandiose junglyness that is common to all jungle Asians.

They are ambassadors almost in essence, not needing to answer of or to what.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Greek Gods you can build a world around.

Roman Gods you can only build a word about.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Yes, the Republic was really deeply secular.

I have reason to believe the least known priesthood was the most important; Rome's Treasury was held by the priests of Saturn.
Ive read this once, in a book of history, and only that once. "Details" like this, Devils...

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Yes, the Republic was really deeply secular.

Also like you indicate, after Plato it all became less about the gods, even though Alexander still happened.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 3:17 pm

What I may love most about Alexanders legacy is how he proved Aristotle wrong. The philosopher had thought the world was enclosed by a ring-sea, but the Macedonian proved that the Gods are far greater than Socrates had fathomed. Perhaps Aristotle even felt a sting of remorse.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

So just thinking out loud here, bearing in mind Capable's the left is not cool thread, Rome for the hippies and break on throughers and Greece for the classisists and regular joes.

Baccus is a much more terrifying and transcendental break on through God than Dionisus, who is more of nature for nature rather than of madness for man. The division is anything but perfect, but perhaps you see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:20 pm

six 8.5% double ipa tall cans and smoke and music and a cool ass chick.

my relijun
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:23 pm

I can dig.

Often have dug.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 pm

best women > all philozophi

funny how that works.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Yeah, hah.

It is.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 am

I here by publicly appologize to the chilren of Odin.

It is NOT a race religion. There was racism when I was shown it, but it came from the old chains rather than the religion, much less ze gods.

In fact, in a lot of ways and because of this, this religion has barely even begun.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Pezer wrote:
this religion has barely even begun.

You got it son.
Thats the motherfucking gorgeous beauty of it
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:58 pm

My Religion HBiPD74
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Religion   My Religion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Religion
Page 1 of 1