Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eastern Europe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 8:11 pm

If not for NATO, isn't it the case that Russia would just run over the post-soviet bloc countries? At least this is what some Romanian was telling me today.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 9:23 pm

It's a commonly held opinion in NATO countries. I can only recommend a comprehensive study of non Communist Russian history. Note that Communism was surgically inserted into the USSR from Germany. Trotsky wanted it to be in Germany, not Russia.

I cant give a factual statement as this is a hypothetical, NATO is there and it has overthrown and sabotaged hundreds of elected and unelected cabinets and dictators, Russia has a smaller but also impressive record; this is will to power. Valuer wars - what makes NATO so great?

I dont think for a second Putin would be as stupid as to walk straight into world war 3, (Crimea had half their fleet when the NATO coup came, the annexation was just a 'oh, youre invading again? Fine, we'll run with it, again...- which is how they usually win their wars - Clinton has gone down like Hitler, over trying to take Russia like a rabid bitch)

I think Russia is a more culturally elevated country than all of the Eastern European states combined, and politically far more elevated than all of the western European states combined - all of whose governments are at least in part owned by Saudi Arabia. So the question is, how is Europe going to prove to be worthy of not being dominated by Russia? theyve all sold out. Most of their working class populations like or appreciate Putin. By now half of the intelligentsia even likes Putin. Because he is a nationalist, which means that he takes care of his people. They may be poor, but theyve always been lofty in culture. The USSR took us into space, people forget that. They defeated the nazis. They did a lot of massively powerful advances. They abolished God from the State. Now theyve helped us saved America from the fascists within.

Value wars - what values does NATO represent? Most definitively not human dignity, freedom or democracy -their record is one of one toppled state after another.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Nato wins over states in two ways.

the first is to fund rebels, any faction that will take the money and go shoot people, until the government falls, at which point they insert a puppet.
The second is when a nation fights its independence from a tyrant or oppressor by its own devices. In such a case it simply comes forward as the new tyrant, and forces its policies down the throat of the newly risen independence.

what is never does and never has done, is liberate a country or just allow it to remain independent in its fold.

Im not saying it hasnt fulfilled a function. But since the cold war has been over, it has done easily as much damage as the USSR in the entirety of its existence.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Seeing what happened to Yugoslavia is enough to dispel naive beliefs about NATO goodness.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 6:13 am

Capable wrote:
Seeing what happened to Yugoslavia is enough to dispel naive beliefs about NATO goodness.

I must totally agree with this.

The USSR was ripe for failure. I think NATO is too. As well as the UN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Europe   Eastern Europe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eastern Europe
Page 1 of 1