'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dr. Jordan Peterson

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

"I kick ass, all these other humans suck balls." --Inmendham
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:23 am

"We must, now armed with such a language, realize the “transcendental unity of ideas,” through a new morality that aims, not to hypostasize experience and grasp in positive knowledge a series of particular virtues and vices, but rather to fully explicate this continuity; where philosophy exists to represent this transcendental order, morality most exist to mediate the two spheres, the spheres of experience and ideality." --Parodites

"Between this sky and the faces turned toward it there is nothing on which to hang a mythology, a literature, an ethic, or a religion—only stones, flesh, stars, and those truths the hand can touch." --Camus

"It is a tedious thing to be always beginning life; they live badly who always begin to live." --Seneca

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:37 am

"They're claiming you can be man, woman, neither, or both... those aren't coherent claims in my estimation."

Lol. This guy is awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:52 am

Unfuckingbelievable. He is talking about tectonics, the daemonic, and self-valuing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 am

^ lecture on The Gulag Archipelago, the Soviet Union and leftist ideology.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:47 pm

^ full interview on Joe Rogan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Tue May 02, 2017 9:51 pm

"I’ll start with what I believe to be the supreme truth, that life is suffering.

Love is the desire to see unnecessary suffering ameliorated.

Truth is the handmaiden of love.

Dialogue is the pathway to truth.

Humility is recognition of personal insufficiency, and the willingness to learn.

To learn is to die voluntarily, and be born again, in great ways and small.

So speech must be untrammeled, so that dialogue can take place. So that we can all humbly learn, so that truth can serve love, so that suffering can be ameliorated, so that we can all stumble forward to the 'kingdom of God'. " (paraphrase)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm

"The ethical requirement to tell the truth trumps any desire to avoid conflict."

"You're going to die and lose everything anyway in the end, so while you are here preparing to lose everything you might as well risk everything. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain." (paraphrase)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Jordan Peterson   

Back to top Go down

Dr. Jordan Peterson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Interpretation-
Jump to: