Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Death and Taxes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8699

Death and Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Death and Taxes   Death and Taxes Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Is the particularly human capacity for debt related to his particular knowledge of death?

If so, how?

The death-drive is bullcrap, what we see in Freuds cases of study is rather the drive to avoid knowledge of death -
and this is precisely what occurs in Zizek, and in Stalin, who simply denied the fact of the existence - and thus also of the death - of his victims.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8699

Death and Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death and Taxes   Death and Taxes Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:17 pm

We can successfully negate the absoluteness of death in many ventures as humans - as animals we do it breeding, as scientists we do it conceiving of truth and modulating reality thereby, and as artists we simply create creatures of passionate valuation that roam throughout humanity's sphere of knowledge... of death and debt, of chase, guilt, punishment, reward, overcoming the enemy who did wrong - making things right - the positivist drive that brings forth such ideas as justice, this is what the knowledge of death bestows on the human race.

Many animals know of death, clearly... elephants and vultures are good examples. They must thus also possess some rudiment of philosophic thought, of positivism - which reminds me that Pezer showed a great appreciation of the vulture.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Death and Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death and Taxes   Death and Taxes Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Taxes are getting higher. Death is still the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death and Taxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death and Taxes   Death and Taxes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death and Taxes
Page 1 of 1