Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taylor Swift

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:24 am

Her new album represents a degeneration, from her previous album. It is clear that she is unable to Value like Iggy does, self-value as a female, and is trying to compromise with the male element as most female musicians seem to do. The lyrics are more one dimensional and the music is less pure, more muddled and taking the easy route of current pop that is basically made on computers by computers. It’s too bad, she has real talent. Although I’m willing to read this new album as a struggle for Iggy-soul, an in between step, so I will wait for her next album to judge her. I hope she can do it. There are still some moments of soul and truth that burst through in this new album, so that’s a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Yes, I noticed she had been sold to the devil of sexual abuse with her single of a few weeks/months back. "Taylor is dead" was a lyric in it, I think. In any case the music was completely worthless and she had clearly been wormed into a non style by her managers/handlers. Very sad, it was coming, as all true fresh spirits get raped by that system. She is probably the next Whitney Houston in this sense.

If you read about Whitney Houstons last days, very sad indeed. That was a nice woman.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 pm

I don't listen to her but I do look when I see a picture of her.

I sure hope she doesn't take the route Whitney did.

Apparently the managers and producers are trying to commercial her. That sometimes works but the artists generally start putting out crappy music.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Yes, I noticed she had been sold to the devil of sexual abuse with her single of a few weeks/months back. "Taylor is dead" was a lyric in it, I think. In any case the music was completely worthless and she had clearly been wormed into a non style by her managers/handlers. Very sad, it was coming, as all true fresh spirits get raped by that system. She is probably the next Whitney Houston in this sense.

If you read about Whitney Houstons last days, very sad indeed. That was a nice woman.

Right, that lyric hits you like a hammer strike, "Where is old Taylor, oh, she's dead (laughs)". It sounds totally unnatural, especially if you know her music and style/spirit at all. Either she is just trying to be edgy or.. yeah you are probably right, very sad indeed.

The thing about her new album, is that there are almost no actually real emotions, unlike 1989 which is full of real emotions. There are glimmers of emotion in the new album, but most of it gets chopped up and "deconstructed" into computerized synthesized deathbeats that actually have the effect of cutting you in a psychological sense. I mean that quite literally, in a tectonic meaning. The music is a kind of assault, the harmonies get abused, stretched, and mostly get suppressed underneath.. death, non-being. The entire aesthetic effect of most of the album is pure depression.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Out of all the songs on her last two albums, Reputation (the new one) and 1989, this song is the only one where she is the only person credited on the lyrics:

If you want to know her soul, this is it.

Now, I checked out the lyric credits for the songs on both albums. There is a clear pattern. The shittier songs she is listed last or amongst 3-4 other people, whereas the better songs she is listed first with one other person only. I actually predicted, based on just listening through the songs on the new album, which tracks she would be prominent on versus just one among others, and I was essentially correct. They let her have a couple songs at the end of the album, which are still influenced by shit, but at least bear something of her actual artistic touch.. whereas the rest is pure garbage. Nothing like the highlights from 1989.

I assume her music before the 1989 album is even more authentic, but I haven't listened to it. I will have to do that.

I feel seriously very sad for her. As Iggy said, there isn't much real left out there in music. It is being systematically destroyed to the degree it becomes popular/blows up big in pop culture.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

That song above, This Love... there isn't a single moment on the new album where those kind of emotions are present, at all. Not. Even. One.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Fuck but I am very pissed off right now, and equally just as sad for her.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Seriously, three seconds picked at random from the 1989 album contain more emotions and truth than the entire Reputation album (which is not even capitalized in the iTunes version, in the song info for each track). I mean, what a fucking joke. I wish eternal death on whoever is responsible for this.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Ok, the last third of the album actually has some emotions on it.. so clearly they allowed her to put a few real songs at the end of the album, for whatever reason. Probably to get her to go along with it, or to at least get her manager to agree, or lawyers, er something.

I am holding out hope... her next album should be either very good, or absolute shit. There is a deep contradiction in this album and it must resolve one way or another.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Omg... this album is mastered for itunes only, it totally sucks otherwise.. on itunes it has some actual impact, and sort of seduces you against your will to its depressive non-harmonies, flat lyrics and chopped up melodies.

Weird.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm

But you actually have to listen to it on itunes stream, with high quality headphones, on max volume. I mean that is required to just get anything out of this album whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taylor Swift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Swift    Taylor Swift  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Swift
Page 1 of 1