Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Kinda Christian

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:24 pm

All this makes me able to minimally define "a god".

a god is a compound of two things:

First, a reason, in the sense of a good excuse, to value the world beyond oneself and beyond the standards of ones fellow. A god is in the aspect of direction.

Second, a hub for people seeking such reasons.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
I don't agree. I think whether one is a Kristen or an atheist says loads about ones values, about ones valuing. Especially if the two occur in the same culture. That Maher and that Christian in the video could not be more different.

Now Ive already been disgusted to impressive levels my Maher before, he is worse than the others because he is sort of intelligent in some areas, which allows him to be a pure genius at depravity, at aggravating nonsequiturs and vanities. He is worse than Colperb. (Ill leave that typo)

But whats the worst of all is the setup of the little interview. This is how liberal atheists truly reveal themselves. He invites a preacher for an interview, and does so not only with the old prejudice about him, that he's gonna be stupid, but actually unaware of how sickening it is to treat a guest like that. The true weakness of our civilization.

By contrast, the preacher keep controlled, gracious, informative, proud and appropriate. This proves that he is worth a lot more - by my standards - than Maher, or any run of the mill atheist liberal.

i understand. but it could just as easily have been a pastor inviting an atheist into a show to grill him about not believing in god. the world is full of crazy religious people. many are aggressive in thei beliefs, maybe not so much in europe but in america definitely. southern baptist, pentecostal, theee sort of groups do not have a reputation for no reason.

also there are plenty of nice reasonable atheists.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 pm

But now comes the catch, for fascism and communism can also be such a reason, and these are short lived in their foci, where a culture toward a god is longer lasting.

What makes the difference?

Too interesting almost to answer.

Ill give a Baal stab at it.
oh,

okay.
tat happened.

that was the spellchecker.
this is incredible.

Baal?

Of all things now, you correct me in that direction?

Now, this is god.
this right here, what happened. The very nature of coincidence, which never impedes but always rewards with symmetry those acts that make sense.

The creative intelligence of the universe of which we are if not proof then axiom.

What is "being intelligent" but "doing a thing that works"?
This may mean thinking, building, dwelling, hunting, playing a game, - I don't see how intelligence can exist outside of a relation to success in some context.

So given that the world is constantly procreating itself, there is a procreative intelligence.
Yeah, there isn't a purely creative intelligence - there is no intelligence that creates regardless of what it is.

All can be reduced to the procreative intelligence of self-valuing.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 pm

i don’t consider myself religious. but i like the metaphysical entries such as we call gods, which live in the existentia as pure ideas, thought-beings. humans just put human faces and names to such things.

i’m not religious, spiritual, or atheist. all of those words seem eminently stupid, non-philosophical, to me. words to use as nice labels to cover over things. to form beliefs as you say, and i agree that gods are used to aggregate and expand valuing activity, for sure. but gods aren’t necessary to do that, at least not as far as i can tell. thought alone, philosophy, and soul/mind in the philosophic sense- these are sufficient to that end also.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
That doesn't mean the Christian guy isn't ridiculous in ways. But as Nietzsche often observes, to be ridiculous is  what happens to anyone who tries to be honest before himself in the presence of his fellow humans.

yes that’s certainly true.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:37 pm

and in that same way, many leftists make fools of themselves attempting toward their own standard of authenticity. i mean it works both ways. like there are many religious ppl who don’t give a fuck for authenticity before themselves, just as many leftists like maher.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Capable wrote:
i understand. but it could just as easily have been a pastor inviting an atheist into a show to grill him about not believing in god. the world is full of crazy religious people. many are aggressive in thei beliefs, maybe not so much in europe but in america definitely. southern baptist, pentecostal, theee sort of groups do not have a reputation for no reason.

Sure, but Pezer didn't just post any old fool - this is a guy that withstands the most pernicious venom of feminized men with some non fake self-valuing. He was not about to be deprived of his own interpretation of Christ, which allowed him all his bling. "Fine linen" that was real. And there is a transcendent aspect to Christianity, Ive felt in Jerusalem. It can give a boost of energy that surpasses all drugs by far. BAM you're possessed, you can't stop walking and singing.

Quote :
also there are plenty of nice reasonable atheists.

Yes, true.
But less and less. Atheism itself isn't quite enough. Neither is science. Nor is a flag.* Its hard for someone who hasnt found his god in this age. This is the age of reborn gods. N had Dionysos.

*Not all flags.
A few of them; France, America, Japan, Germany, UK
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:43 pm

if we try to think of an ontological category for what gods are, i don’t think we have one. parodites was working on this a bit, i remember, in his books.

obviously something is there, some “thing” exists which corresponds somehow to what we call gods. i certainly won’t deny that. science is missing a lot from reality. i’ve seen some real paranormal shit. many ppl have.

but that aside, i grew up not knowing a single non religious person. not one. so i see hot sides. and whatever that “some thing exists” is, the xstains i know has nothing to do with it; for them their religion is just a kind of focus mechanism to externalzie value, and a social community thing as you also note. i’m ok with that she it’s mild enough to coexist with reason, obviously often it isn’t. but when it is i’m cool
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm

CHAIYNA
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm

in deference to the gods i will leave all auto incorrect typos i corrected in this thread.

like that one right there. lol
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:50 pm

The term God is indeed normally epistemically categorized;  ontologically it is a self-valuing of generally not primarily physical nature that draws out a lot of self-valuing in humans.

A god can be another human or an animal or an object and is in billions of cases, but big gods that draw out a lot of selfvaluings are generally ideas. The Jesus is an idea, an idea of an ordeal. A terrifying idea that opens a chasm in the mind where you are force to self-value in a different, more careful way. Parodites saw this before of course and defines this carefulness as a new paradigm where the phenomenological is no longer strictly ontological.

Islam is a watered down version of this. It took these insane Greek, late Alexandrian world for any Mesopotamianite to be this reckless and cosmopolitan as Yehowashuwa.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Capable wrote:
in deference to the gods i will leave all auto incorrect typos i corrected in this thread.

like that one right there. lol

Haha

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 4:04 pm

Capable wrote:
so i see hot sides.

Nice.

Quote :
and whatever that “some thing exists” is, the xstains i know has nothing to do with it; for them their religion is just a kind of focus mechanism to externalzie value, and a social community thing as you also note. i’m ok with that she it’s mild enough to coexist with reason, obviously often it isn’t. but when it is i’m cool

Would they allow their daughter marriage to a non Christian?
If so it is very mild compared to the other big religions, Islam and Hinduism, where they go ballistic and excommunicate.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Lol, "they dug too deep!"

Preaching is interesting. Why do people do it?

Also, for all this disdain of Maher, he produced a truly beautiful thing. The editing of that interview is nothing short of inspired. I mean, really, is a robed up Rabbi or priest that different from a rock star? What IS preaching?

Also, as a former Catholic, I can attest that Romans viewed Jesus as a man who wore fine linen.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:26 pm

And, you know, come on...

"And his name is called...: GAWD!" The greatest pimp that ever lived.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 pm

as for what is preaching,
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Pezer wrote:
Lol, "they dug too deep!"

Preaching is interesting. Why do people do it?

Also, for all this disdain of Maher, he produced a truly beautiful thing. The editing of that interview is nothing short of inspired. I mean, really, is a robed up Rabbi or priest that different from a rock star? What IS preaching?

Also, as a former Catholic, I can attest that Romans viewed Jesus as a man who wore fine linen.

True, as a producer Maher isn't worthless at all. I did look forward to liking him after I had watched one of is HBO shows in 2011 in a motel in LA. But then, when I got to within him next time it was under Trump and he had just turned to mush.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:52 pm

jordan peterson actually caved to maher when he was on his show. it was embarrassing to see.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 pm

well that wasn’t the clip but still. i don’t feel like looking it up
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 pm

hitchens was ok
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:11 pm

need to believe in a god that watches you every moment of every day, cares what you do say and think, judges you, even in death... this sort of view is absolute tyranny, a totalitarian belief that only a slave would desire.

yeah, good point he has there.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:11 pm

a celestial north korea. haha.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm

at least hitchens had the balls to call north korea an evil retarded totalitarian slave state. which it is.

now because of trump, i see so called conservatives trying to make excuses for north korea, like “oh well we want to make a deal with them so obviously we can’t just say all those mean things about them”. likewise the leftists now love north korea simply because those same leftists want trump to be undermined by north korea.

god i fucking hate this species sometimes.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 pm

even trump, trying to give good impressions of north korea, like his fucking inane comment about how the north korean people love their leader.

what in the fucking fuck. unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Kinda Christian   My Kinda Christian - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Kinda Christian
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth :: The Gods-
Jump to: