Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jesse Lee Peterson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 pm

This guy is... amazin!

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 pm

he just brought up the crystal clear point. about the kavanaugh hearing stuff and metoo.

“should we believe it just because they said it?”

that is the real issue. we are being trained to believe something just because it is said. to shut down all critical thinking capacity. all doubt, and just believe. believe what you are told.

wow. i can’t believe i didn’t see this before.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Defenders of the Earth wrote:
This guy is... amazin!

Whoa this is actually calming.
I can listen to a guy talk about politics without getting agitated.
Even that person who afraid of Trump is being normal.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Im not agreeing with him on everything, but its refreshing.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Yeah, the guy is unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:08 am

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 2:40 am

This guy is really incredible. Not only because he never gets riled up, he is always in total control of himself, just like Trump is too; or his debating style, where he never strays from the question and forces people to answer it straight up, he calls out the bullshit workarounds where they try to worm out of answering... but even despite all that, the ideas he presents are, well I don't even have a word for it.

For example he says "racism does not exist, and it never existed." Obviously we could read that as a clear incitement and obfuscation tactic to throw off the other person, or as simple sophistry and hyperbole, because obviously racism exists, right? Well, actually, let's think about it a little bit.

This is actually a very deep question. Defining racism, and then looking at instances of 'racism' in the world and seeing what their actual causes were. Hatred of an entire race? Or just jealousy, or using other people as a convenient scapegoat, or pretending to hate them when in reality it is something more like fear of the unknown? Or simply lust for power? And deep ignorance, and lack of concern? In-group preference? A lot of these reasons seem to factor into instances of 'racism'.

So I think JLP really means something more like, how leftists define or use the term "racism" is a lie, the thing they say exists does not actually exist because they are creating a false construct, a total lie, an ideological subversion of thought. And I think he is right about that. But that's not to say there aren't people who do bad things to others based on racial considerations, or at least they say that is their consideration. But is that really racism, or a cover for something deeper? And even if it is racism, that isn't the same as the leftist lie, the ideological subversion that is slowly becoming the dominant ideological position in society.

Philosophically speaking, the statement "racism does not exist and never existed" is fascinating to me. I have never even considered this idea before. I have always simply taken it for granted that "racism" is a thing, like how everyone talks about it and says it is a thing, just accepting its existence. I've known people who were "racist", who talked about black people for example as n-words, and other racist slang against them and saying they can't be trusted. Is that "racism"? It is certainly some kind of judgment. Or at least an insult, it is basically a way to judge, harm or demean someone based on their skin color. Is that "racism"?

It seems to be. But more to the point, I think racism is something that the left invented or invented a new form of, and is using under the guise of combating racism. This is a perfect inversion. No one is more racist than leftists, especially the ones who go on and on about how evil and pervasive racism is. Of course it's always about "white racism". Which is racist to even say that. Because it is not even possible to stereotype an entire group of people based on something like race, or skin color. The group is simply too large and diverse.

Maybe that is what the real truth is here. Racism is actually impossible, because it is simply logically impossible to form a judgment like that against a "race". Sure, the judgment can be formed and it can exist and motivate people, but the judgment of that type is always false. So the racist belief is inconsistent with itself, it is always false, and moreover it is mostly if not always a mask and illusion covering over something else, a deeper motive. Power-lust, fear, anxiety over the unknown, jealousy, simple in-group preference, wanting to seem cool to one's peers, these are all actually real reasons why people do and say "racist" things.

And even if racism does exist, using it as an excuse to not succeed, to be a victim, is stupid. So all of these points are important.

Is it really possible to hate another person because of their race? To actually HATE them over it? I don't think so. I think it is possible to be very confused, manipulated, scared or angry or anxious or jealous, or simply very ignorant. It is certainly very easy to create the appearance of hating another person based on their race, since many people do exactly that, and many of them also act out on that supposed belief. But I think it is just an appearance. Racism is like a surface; if you look deeper down below the surface, things look very different. The "racism" at the surface does not survive into the depths... what is in the depths? All that other stuff I mentioned. Power-lust, ignorance, apathy, confusion, being manipulated by ideology, anxiety over the unknown, anger, fear, wanting to seem edgy or cool, in-group preference, wanting to find some group to blame for something, acting out one's own personal problems on someone else, or wanting to be racist (yes I think there is a desire in some people to be racist, so they convince themselves that they are, but I don't really think they are capable of being what they think they are), so a kind of need to believe at all costs despite the obvious insanity and falsity of the belief in question......... all of these are what are below the surfaces, in the depths, of so-called racism. And then there is the obvious illusion and lie of the leftists, who use "racism" as pure ideology and manipulation without any reference to what it actually might or might not mean. Leftism is a thin moldy growth atop the surface which is racism; but I'm not really interested in the moldy part or the surface, I like to look to the depths to see what is truly going on.

That's all just amazing. Amazing! We could analyze JLP's comment about racism does not exist and never existed, for hours. He comes up with these one-liners that seem either obviously true or obviously false, but he delivers them all the same way in the same form and with the same consistency. I am beginning to wonder if he is not some kind of genius. He could also be a comedian joking around and playing pranks on the right, that is possible too. But I think he is far too consistent and makes far too much sense for that. If you actually look at his perspective and what he is saying from within the ideas themselves, totally outside of the mainstream false narratives and lies and illusory ideological manipulations, what he says actually cuts right to the truth. Cuts right through the bullshit. And he uses Christianity as I described in my other post, as simply a vehicle and language-system of beliefs and images/ideas in order to propel his thought to the truth. His beliefs in Christianity are akin to the words in a sentence, they have no real meaning simply as words, but they mean something because they refer to something beyond themselves and which is actually very real.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:07 pm

another meaning of his statement is that race doesn’t exist, that we are all members of the same race, the human race, and “race-ism” is a lie because “race” itself is a false construct. it’s not that race doesn’t exist on some level, obviously at a generic level there are different races, but they aren’t precise and bleed into each other and can intermingle, they are basically akin to differences between families at the genetic level. a “race” is like a superfamily group, then, or as i’ve understood it elsewhere race is like a genetic group of people sharing some similarities because they have shared common ancestory roots from being in the same place. race is a way natural selection used to try and get the best of both worlds: to allow for diversity in genes while also allowing for sameness in genes, to keep diversity in check.

so JLP is saying that race doesn’t exist, not really, he would say it doesn’t exist on the spiritual level and therefore using race as an absolute arbiter or importance or “racism” in any fashion is evil. i might say race doesn’t exist on the philosophical level, and so it’s a mistke to figure “race” into one’s calculus of valuation. regardless, race is indeed being used as an ideological weapon as being presented in a false manner, as a lie, as JLP says. racism for or against any group, is evil, therefore, would be the bottom line. thinking and valuing in terms of race is an “evil”, non-philosophical and very weak, low and inconsistent/inaccurate thing to do. and because it is those things it will inevitably cause many problems to think and value in those terms.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Skip forward to about an hour, and whenever he says "god" or "christ" just replace that with "truth",

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:15 am

what i like about him is that he just says it how it is - these people are evil, or very stupid, or both. he says it straight as he sees it. he cuts through all layers of false decorum and sparing anyone’s feelings if they aren’t being honest. the guy is like a modern socrates except fighting for the right side, the side of truth.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

I think racism was invented as a term like Darwinism, like studding he fact that there are races.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 pm

what i like about him is that he just says it how it is - these people are evil, or very stupid, or both. he says it straight as he sees it. he cuts through all layers of false decorum and sparing anyone’s feelings if they aren’t being honest. the guy is like a modern socrates except fighting for the right side, the side of truth.

Yes he is pretty great as a character, with this I surely agree.

Im going to watch some more then
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm

hahaha this is instantly funny

This guy who likes progress is very sensible.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Yeah hes definitely more aware of what is going on in that conversation than his host -
"I definitely moved more to the left as I got more educated" as an emotionless retort to the unwarranted change of "someone who likes progress" to "a progressive".

Id love it if the left were still often people like this, tolerant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesse Lee Peterson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Lee Peterson   Jesse Lee Peterson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesse Lee Peterson
Page 1 of 1