Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Spirit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 pm

The height of modernity is a sardonic denial for every possible experience.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Oikos
Modern Greek
Modern Greek

: 54

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Is it?
I thought it was the equalization of every experience, reducing the value of all.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Right, that's what I said.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Oikos
Modern Greek
Modern Greek

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Capable wrote:
Right, that's what I said.
Was it?
Is denial of experience the same as devaluing of experience?
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:28 pm

The "grin" (sardonic denial) is the method with which reality is denied, made inferior, dismissed. The flattening of all values to a common means is a consequence of this act, this modern spirit.

Modernity is nothing if not a lack of strength before pain.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Oikos
Modern Greek
Modern Greek

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Reality is definitely denied...I've made that point about a million times in a million different ways in my Forum, but this does not deny the experience.

In modernity the experience is detached form reality. It is made into an emotional, solipsistic one, where it is also shared.
A communal delusion.
The same s the religious experience.  

Moderns do not deny the experience they detach it from reality...they sanctify it.

Modernity is the denial of pain as the necessary experience of existing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

Modernity also brought the successful elimination of a lot of different forms of pain from existence. But no doubt existence compensates itself for that by inventing new forms of suffering, such as depressions, neuroses and other anxieties, madness, inferiority and superiority complexes, cognitive dissonance and in general the lesser resistance to pain which increases the suffering, and most of all, fear of pain itself is a strong form of suffering.

The acceptance of every form of human life as "equals" makes it impossible for life that feels itself exceptionally healthy to manifest itself as such, which causes a very twisted form of suffering. Reality is so creative when it comes to pain. There is the fear of causing pain, the pain of causing pain, the fear of the pain of causing pain - I just remember a dream I had tonight, where I was aksed by several people to hit them in the face repeatedly. I also remember getting hit in the face by different people and not feeling much, certainly no pain.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Oikos
Modern Greek
Modern Greek

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Need/suffering, is the experience the sensation - of temporality, of (inter)activity, in other words of existence.
Modernity shelters...did I not say this?

Pain is an extreme form of suffering.
It is need not satiated for a period of time, to where it begins indicating attrition upon the emergent unity - the self-organizing organism.

Need is the sensation of lack.
What is lacking?
The absolute...the perfect, the complete, the Idea(l), the Here, the Now, The Self, the Thing, the One, the God, the Being....use whatever metaphorical, symbolism you like.

What is this "absolute"?
The question presupposes its existence.
It is because the absolute is absent that it can be imagined in any manner the mind needs to cope.

how does the mind construct its model of the projected absolute?
It gather data from the past, and combines them into new forms, projecting them, using the imagination, as a 'towards' as an object/objective, that directs the Will.
Will directs the aggregate energies/processes, of the emergent self-organization we call an organism.

The more detached form reality this projection is all the more fantastic, unreal, supernatural, unnatural it is.
Nature is the past, the sum of all nurturing.

To Know Thyself, is to be aware of your identity, to know your past, which you are a manifestation of.

Need/Suffering/Pain is this self-organization resisting, temporality...the Flow towards chaos, the disordering.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Spirit   Modern Spirit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Spirit
Page 1 of 1