Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi-D's Hi-Fi

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 11:44 pm

ABS- My House Is Your House
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Interactive- No Control
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 am

Angus & Julia Stone- For You
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:34 am

The Prodigy- Firestarter

Double 99- RIP Groove
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:52 am

Cissie Redgwick- Gimme That Swing (Cissie is fantabulous, the rest of the vid. is horrid. Fucken modernized tripe!)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:54 am

Parov Stelar- Catgroove

Sisyphus, ecclectic familiar chaos...love it and it inspires others to throw solo dance parties.  Top notch son.

Parov Stelar Feat. Lilja Bloom- Ragtime Cat

Exclusive dance parties are bombdiggity! My Sister, her roommate, and I had one that lasted well over two hours located in a small study, such fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 6:04 am

OutKast- Hey Ya!
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 7:02 am

I like his suspenders. I wear suspenders.

I don't dance any more since I broke my hip. However,

I am currently editing an unedited collection of DooWop music that was passed down to me and every now and then I encounter a song that I hadn't heard since my teen years and I want to get up and dance to it. It's really a nice collection as it contains some one-hit wonders that I don't have in my current collection.

Your dance videos, for some reason, reminded me that just recently I mentioned Django Reinhardt to someone who plays guitar and he got a great big smile on his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 11:01 pm

You can chair dance, especially from a chair on roller wheels.  That's me 1/3rd of the time at the PC.  

Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 6136079d-1784-4806-bb04-4ba69d244114_1000

I make those rollers work.  Chair spinning too. flower  You've been a good boy, Santa can surely improve your dance situation.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 7:11 am

Hi-D wrote:
You can chair dance, especially from a chair on roller wheels.  That's me 1/3rd of the time at the PC.  

Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 6136079d-1784-4806-bb04-4ba69d244114_1000

I make those rollers work.  Chair spinning too. flower  You've been a good boy, Santa can surely improve your dance situation.

Yeah, my chair at the computer is on rollers and it is a swivel chair so I wiggle a lot when working with the music.

I did get a hug from a lady friend yesterday. That's almost as good as dancing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 5:41 am

The Hillbilly Moon Explosion - 'My Love For Evermore' (ft. Sparky from Demented Are Go)

The Hillbilly Moon Explosion - "Maniac Lover"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 5:51 am

The Correspondents- Fear & Delight

Anita Baker- Body & Soul

Anita Baker- Good Love
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 9:25 am

For me, those were definitely different except for Anita (Modern Soul/R&B). (I really don't listen to it but I know of its roots.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Different, yes I know. Razz Wish I'd been born about 70 years earlier. Missed out on dancing as a couple. Couples do not dance together now, unless their grinding or slow dance shuffling. It's so lame.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 7:08 am

Hi-D wrote:
Different, yes I know. Razz   Wish I'd been born about 70 years earlier.  Missed out on dancing as a couple.  Couples do not dance together now, unless their grinding or slow dance shuffling.  It's so lame.

I hear you.  I won't ask your age but I'll tell mine.  I was born in 1941.  I'm 75 years old.  When I was a teen we had Sock (Sox) Hops at school and some restaurants had a back room where we teens could hang out, juke box filled with the latest hits, and room for a couple dozen couples to dance.  I loved dancing to the slow Doo Wop and R&B music.

There was one place close by that had concerts by starlight.  They had some of the great Big Bands playing Friday and Saturday nights.

I can still remember the first time I heard Bill Haley's "Rock Around The Clock" and the first time I heard Elvis' "Mystery Train" before he became popular.

The good old days.  Yes, they really were.

Of course, before Rock and Roll music, I was listening to Country Honky Tonk and Negro Blues and R&B (the roots of Rock & Roll).

This morning I am listening to Rock-A-Billy music.  I danced many dances to that stuff.

And I bought a LOT of music.  Some 78s but mostly 45s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Paul Revere & The Raiders- Indian Reservation (Cherokee Nation)  

My parents had many 45's and this was one of my favorites.  I'm so pleased that record players/vinyl have been revived.  Shoot, I loved my 8 track and cassettes too, not impressed by CDs/MP3's.

The Charlie Daniels Band- The Devil Went Down To Georgia      (My favorite 8 track song.)

Gordon Lightfoot- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (My favorite radio song, so sad as a small child listening)
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 7:21 am

Yeah, you hit on some oldies. I mentioned the Charlie Daniels Band a couple weeks ago while talking with someone and Gordon Lightfoot was on my mind just two days ago while I was working with some "Folk" music.

I can't tell you how many record players/turntables I have owned but I still have two operational turntables in the house, one in the living room and one here connected to my computer.

Yeah, I just recently heard that vinyls were making a comeback. I think that is because the compression programs (MP3s, etc) have gone too far so that much of the music (sound) is lost.

All of my digital music is uncompressed in .WAV files. Even music I get that is compressed is converted back to uncompressed format And I will, for special songs, edit the file to bring back as much of the sound as I can.

In my old age I am losing more of my hearing and frequency range, especially the higher frequencies, so I need the best output possible.

I lost my original 45 collection when I joined the Army. Other people got their hands on the collection and the records went to the four winds. But I have since replaced most of the music I had from my youth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
I won't ask your age but I'll tell mine.  I was born in 1941.  I'm 75 years old.

You are 75 years young, I see and in Florida.  I miss Florida (3 stints in Orlando).  Energy hangs in the air throughout Florida, must be the oceanic crosswinds.  Where are you?

You are a gentleman, thank you for not inquiring about my specific youthfulness.  There's that one dastardly hill you go over on your way to death valley?  Well, I traversed it some time ago. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 7:08 am

Hi-D wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:
I won't ask your age but I'll tell mine.  I was born in 1941.  I'm 75 years old.

You are 75 years young, I see and in Florida.  I miss Florida (3 stints in Orlando).  Energy hangs in the air throughout Florida, must be the oceanic crosswinds.  Where are you?

You are a gentleman, thank you for not inquiring about my specific youthfulness.  There's that one dastardly hill you go over on your way to death valley?  Well, I traversed it some time ago. affraid

I have been to Orlando a number of times. I hear that it is becoming a not-so-nice place to live any more because of drugs and crime associated with the drug culture.

I live just south of Jacksonville in Clay county. It is a conservative county and the crime is mostly kept to a very minimum and the drug pushers are kept out.

Yeah, if we stay alive we all have those hills we have to climb over. Nice thing though is that once we have gotten to the top of one we get to roll down-hill for a while until we encounter our next hill.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 4:49 am

Hmmm, have driven through Jacksonville during the '90s, very industrial feel and a bit seedy, but your south of the city which I remember being nice all the way down to Daytona which was a hole. Big homeless population in Daytona.  Orlando was situated basically central to both coasts, 1 1/2 hrs. to Clearwater and 45 min to Daytona, not terribly dangerous during hurricanes either.  Sandals all year round which doesn't fly in the Midwest.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 7:34 am

Hi-D wrote:
Hmmm, have driven through Jacksonville during the '90s, very industrial feel and a bit seedy, but your south of the city which I remember being nice all the way down to Daytona which was a hole.  Big homeless population in Daytona.  Orlando was situated basically central to both coasts, 1 1/2 hrs. to Clearwater and 45 min to Daytona, not terribly dangerous during hurricanes either.  Sandals all year round which doesn't fly in the Midwest.

Your recall is good and still valid today. The only thing Jacksonville has going for it is industry and the military (Navy mostly).

And yes, from Daytona to the Keys there are lots of homeless people. But the vast majority are folks who have moved down from up North. St. Augustine keeps the homeless there out of sight mostly. Better for the tourists. Tourists bring money, homeless don't.

But I do get winters here. Haven't seen snow in over ten years though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:07 pm

You get winters...hahaha! I know, a high of 55*F is terribly frigid.

Oh Sisyphus, my memory is shot, but its a relief that I hit the mark once in a blue moon. I'll hang on to your compliment for

as long as possible, may be eternity.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 6:44 am

Ah, memory. Mine is shakey. I guess that comes with age. One of the reasons I am on a couple internet forums. Keep the brain juices flowing. Right now I am listening to music, The Coasters, from the 1950's. I like to listen to the music and try to relate it to actual events in my life from the period. That helps work the brain.

Here's a song from the 1950s I encountered a couple days ago. I had a hard time finding it on YouTube because I couldn't remember the title and wasn't even sure of the artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3porTBBXhzU
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Did Joker at least back up the work others have done on his forum, before he took it down?

Though a true nihilist wouldn't care, I always hoped he had something of a soul.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Funny but true. Nihilists don't care. They are even worse than apathetics.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi-D's Hi-Fi
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth-
Jump to: