Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi-D's Hi-Fi

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Crystal Waters- 100% Pure Love

C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) ft. Freedom Williams
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:31 am

Jack White- Would You Fight For My Love? (Definitely a song written by a god)

Jack White- Love Interruption Twisted Evil  (Oh Jacksie, too late!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 am

Katie Melua- A Happy Place

Matt & Kim- Yea Yeah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 12:44 am

Sia- Elastic Heart

Ministry- Stigmata

Ministry- N.W.O.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 12:59 am

Anything Box- Living In Oblivion

Fleurie- Hurts Like Hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 am

Nitzer Ebb- Join In The Chant

Nitzer Ebb- Hearts & Minds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 7:06 pm

Matt & Kim- Cameras
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 12:50 am

The Black Keys- Howlin' For You

Gramatik- Day Of The So Called Glory
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:54 am

Just yesterday someone on another site posted a Black Keys song and I said that even though they are not in my collection I have never heard a song from them I didn't like. You found one for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 pm

What? Dislike? That's Rock-a-Billy baby.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Oh Dear. THIS is Rock-A-Billy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws88qmeqLpQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Okay, your Rock-a-billy was yesteryear, the last century, whereas mine is a bit more modern.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 5:41 am

Hi-D wrote:
Okay, your Rock-a-billy was yesteryear, the last century, whereas mine is a bit more modern.

Agree. But then, I don't do modern. Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 1:22 am

Kovacs- My Love
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 6:25 am

Now that, without the visual, could have been popular in the late 1940s early 1950s.

Sad ballad, good instrumental support. Singer does a great job.

I actually stopped listening to modern music in the late 1970s. All popular forms were going in directions I didn't care for.

I ran into a song yesterday while working with my music collection that you may have heard before:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frankie+laine+you+gave+me+a+mountain+1969&view=detail&mid=BB56A08F60BC29E5641EBB56A08F60BC29E5641E&FORM=VIRE

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 6:40 pm

She is frickin' fantastic and she sucked you right into her modern web, didn't she? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi-D wrote:
She is frickin' fantastic and she sucked you right into her modern web, didn't she? Twisted Evil

Well, no, I don't believe I will admit to being sucked in. But regardless, I like the voice and she does a great job with the song.

So I looked her up just now. A Hungarian. No wonder such a great job with the song and style. I doubt any American could do that today.

And I agree, she is fantastic. I may look for more of her work later. Could be an addition to my "International" category of my music collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:31 pm

No, I have never heard of that artist or song before and for a moment thought I was watching the Lawrence Welk Show.

Some serious flashbacks were happening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 5:42 am

Hi-D wrote:
No, I have never heard of that artist or song before and for a moment thought I was watching the Lawrence Welk Show.  

Some serious flashbacks were happening. Very Happy

I was pleased to hear that. You are closer to my age than I had thought.

This is my favorite non-American song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8gLDihFduw

Written by an Italian guy in memory of his Cuban girl friend he had while visiting Cuba.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 am

Definitely a classic that tune. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 6:32 am

Hi-D wrote:
Definitely a classic that tune. Very Happy

At one time it was the most recorded song of all time. I don't know if that record still stands.

This is my favorite Korean song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vmxqTg825I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 4:08 am

Placebo- Fuck You (Time for an experiment with this tonal inspiration. Let's see what happens, I feel like Willy Wonka (Gene), "the suspense is terrible, I hope it will last."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 5:06 am

Crazy Town- Butterfly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 5:52 am

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy- Save My Soul (Too yummy!)

The Speakeasy Three- When I Get Low, I get High

Last edited by Hi-D on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 6:04 am

Brian Setzer Orchestra- Gimme some rhythm Daddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi-D's Hi-Fi   Hi-D's Hi-Fi - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi-D's Hi-Fi
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Earth-
Jump to: