Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Nietzschean Cauldron

Go down 
+2
Sauwelios
Pezer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage

The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 5:26 am

langague problem :

exemple : Someone who believe in nothing, is still in a state of believing something^^
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:21 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
My statement was that I want to read as accurate a translation as possible from the original

I understand but don't you think that over 130 years of research on Nietzsche, the translation might be at least "ok" now ? i mean come on, PhD peoples worked on this for decades....

Personnaly i know that without the annotations, i would never understood him !

On the other hand, something i would not recommand, is reading books about Nietzsche from other people !
Or listening other people explaining you Nietzsche, i would trust only myself if i was you that's for sure.

Okay, we are close enough to call an agreement.

Sure, there are lots of people who are much more knowledgeable than I. But I still like to do my own work.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:26 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
Humility is not one of my virtues.

Me to !!! we have so much in common xD

Hehehe. But I do try to purify that virtue. It is one of the "Three Treasures" of Taoism.

" ... much in common." applies around the globe. But we first must get rid of all the bullshit we have been taught before we can begin to see what these commonalities are.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:30 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, "desire" has many different meanings for people. I should have used a better word.

"Selfishness" to...i hate it xD but i said it already  Nietzsche ask us to redefine language !! this is our mission and it's not easy !!

Agree. Words have many connotations. We Taoists have that problem constantly because the original Chinese characters can be translated into English so many different ways. And the differences totally change the meaning of the concept.

Same goes with Nietzsche's work except perhaps not quite as bad.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:33 am

Myki2 wrote:
I might misundersdood Nietzsche without knowing it , you just have to find arguments i can't counter, come on guys :p

I might call that a "gut feeling". It sounds right so there must be some truth there.

There's nothing you have said lately that I need to counter. But you can rely on me to disagree with you if I think you have a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:37 am

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :
who prefer being a herd animal

i was a herd animal before reading Nietzsche and understood what a "herd animal" is trough him, i mean a human "herd animal" is not juste a simple sheep, he got real chains on him...

I can honestly say that I have never been a herd animal. I always have been an Anarchist but it wasn't until the past few years that I actually began to realize it. And, of course, my expression of that was very limited while I was still Active Military.

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

Myki2 wrote:
langague problem :

exemple : Someone who believe in nothing, is still in a state of believing something^^

Yeah, that is a Buddhist concept that I speak to now and again at the Taoist forum. And empty space really isn't empty.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 3:34 pm

Quote :
But I still like to do my own work.

Fair enough, but you can always buy high quality latest books and have those annotations juste in case of...also you can compare your point of view with Phd peoples Very Happy
I think it worth the money but that just my opinion :p

Quote :
But we first must get rid of all the bullshit we have been taught before we can begin to see what these commonalities are

When i started to read Nietzsche i put myself into "empty brain" mode, i was ready and respectfull of the power that a philosopher can bring, i always put one knee down when i see a great master.

Quote :
Same goes with Nietzsche's work

Yes but Nietzsche's fame, put a lot of more people at work !

Quote :
I might call that a "gut feeling". It sounds right so there must be some truth there.

Nope, i have an absolute certainty of my interpretation, but certainty is our most dangerous ennemy !

Quote :
But you can rely on me to disagree with you if I think you have a misunderstanding.

I have the ability to change my thinking system when i'm wrong without being hurt by my ego.

Quote :
And empty space really isn't empty

Even absolute  "emptiness" is "something" in the end xD
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Nicely responded to.

Yeah, the reason I joined this site was to refresh my mind of some of Nietzsche's concepts. The books are on the bookshelf waiting to be read again.

Beware of certainties and absolute truths.

At the Taoist forum I have in my signature block: I reserve the right to change my mind.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Quote :
Beware of certainties and absolute truths.

“Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.” Nietzsche Smile

A quote of my master is a lifeline to me.

Quote :
I reserve the right to change my mind.

the most powerfull and healthy right that we have !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 4:09 am

"the insane Asylum"

I think it's a really awesome title !!

But make me sad at the same time, thinking about the end of the most powerfull entity that mother nature gave us...
I never had a father, i had to learn everything by myself, and when i found Nietzsche, i found my father, my bond with him is beyond the fact if i trully understand him or not.
But i know in my heart, that one day... i will drink a cup of champagne with him..in the far future... and finaly someone will counter argument me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 7:07 am

Yes, convictions based in misunderstandings are very dangerous.

Attachments: Understandable yours with Nietzsche. No one should ever have to feel alone. So much of our soul can be lost from that feeling.

Regarding Nietzsche's death: I don't accept that he went insane. I believe he died of syphilis. I have read enough discussions of that to feel that this is what really happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:11 am

Quote :
No one should ever have to feel alone.

Internet get us closer Very Happy

Quote :
I don't accept that he went insane. I believe he died of syphilis.

he went insane because of the syphilis but he died from pneumonia ^^

Last edited by Myki2 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Please take it up with Capable if you want the thread changed back. I'm not involved in this particular issue.
I already let you back in much earlier, Myki, so you've run out of favors with me for a while.

Maybe address Capable more thoughtfully.  Im not sure that will help, but it will prevent further setbacks in any case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 1:11 pm

At least i know who did this, his ego is hurting him, that can happen, it's a natural emotion,  he can leave the title its fine.

Last edited by Myki2 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm

As long as he can't change the statistics of the thread i don't see any problems with any titles Smile
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Is it your aim to get permanently banned?

You make me sad.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

It would be so much better if you would answer his questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Quote :

You make me sad.

Ban for what ? please explain yourself with details.

Quote :

You mean questions like "what did you understood from Zarathustra" ?

You putting me in a difficult situation right now Fixed cross, i don't care about the title lets change the subject quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:34 pm

By the way i did answered to his relevant questions so please tell me what are you talking about again ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Sysyphus give me your mail or facebook in pm if you want to discuss further before i get a new ban.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Myki2 wrote:
Quote :

You make me sad.

Ban for what ? please explain yourself with details.

Quote :

You mean questions like "what did you understood from Zarathustra" ?

You putting me in a difficult situation right now Fixed cross, i don't care about the title lets change the subject quickly.

Im not putting you into a position. Just dont go talking about philosophers psychologies in petty ways. Philosophy is nothing but psychology, as Nietzsche said and you well know, Myki2 mon pote.
I havent once directly addressed your psychology, as it is degrading to the one who does it. It is always wrong. That is called self-valuing erring.

I know that you dont know what I think, and whatever you think, you make amusing statements.

Stick to your own power, your opportunity of knowing yourself and living life in the process and then thanking the tree for the fruit one has been by bestowing on man the delectable juices of ones experience... then we'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Myki2 wrote:
Sysyphus give me your mail or facebook in pm if you want to discuss further before i get a new ban.

Like Socrates you are a comedian first rate
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Ive made a video compared to transhumanizationalism.
but I havent made it yet it only exists.

Did you believe in the difference of "made" and "exists" before?
I believe the respect you asked for, is in the name now of your grandiloquent thread which Iambiguous would be proud of

"No shepherd and one herd! Everybody wants the same, everybody is the same: whoever feels different goes voluntarily into a madhouse."
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 5:56 pm

When we hide, we are able to give more freely. We reveal what we are in our gifts, rather than our name, face, or history where we acted in.

So I am Fixed Cross, and so you are Myki2. And so Sisyphus is Sisyphus, and so Capable is Capable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nietzschean Cauldron    The Nietzschean Cauldron  - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Nietzschean Cauldron
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next