Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What does the world run on?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

What does the world run on?  Empty
PostSubject: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Oil?

No.

Money?

No.

Power?

Maybe.

Truth?

Not sure.

Philosophy?

Possibly.

But only in the reverse, maybe.
—-

What is under the surfaces of (the reversals of) philosophy’s governance of things? On what do humans rest their valuings?

I have an answer: a taste of freedom.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:59 pm

Perhaps a person becomes convinced to remain in slavery because being so enslaved he/she is able best to formulate a taste of freedom. Because he does not have it he therefore is able to desire it.

This thread belongs in psychology perhaps. Oh well fuck it.

The moral soul, a beautiful spirit, a heart overfull with sensitive feelings and a natural revulsion for all things crude, banal, crass, simple, insensitive, bawdy, unwholesome... such a soul as may possess also the intellect required to forgo religion and all superstitions, save one—the myth of goodness, or rather the clinging to goodness that remains unseen or unexpressed, at least far from adequately known much less willed to be known, and therefore is able only to know what is good through myth, as myth, as a kind of despising of any breaking of the dawn over the quiet landscape of the undisturbed soul, so replete in the tranquil conscience, and which would therefore shield its eyes from sunlight for finding the glare too harsh and unforgiving, yet still cannot find too much in common with the creatures of the night either; a poetic soul, therefore, who longs most for what he is steadfast in never possessing, namely a kind of freedom that would make the desire for freedom wholly unnecessary, and what could be more terrifying, more demanding, more painful, more unpredictable, than... freedom actualized? I’ve known only one person who took the true leap of faith, of the heart, as soul, and transformed themselves. I’ve done so but not of the heart and soul, rather of the mind. Other spirits walk quietly and quickly through the forest of the new, at dawn or dusk, always, but never linger long enough to see a sunrise or a sunset. I, on the other hand, see only... sunrises and sunsets. I long to transform as another has, but it is not so for me, because to transform the mind imposes certain criteria upon later transformations, and perhaps even the capacity for a mental transformation and freedom earned thereof necessesitates a kind of prior state of inability for certain emotional transformation when undertaken outside of the most ideal and perfect environments. But I have my freedom, and so I do not desire freedom, in fact I find that often the suffering of it balances overly against the pleasure and gain of it. But gain and detriment are already the words in the mouths of the dead, and we shall not sully ourselves here after the fashion of the dead. Rather we speak of pleasures and of sufferings, desires and the absences of desires, perhaps we may even speak of power and its lack, at times; yet how much of this truly runs the world? The very fact that we are supposed to think it runs the world, and the fact that we indeed do think this, remains the greatest thorn in the side of this supposed fact’s certain conquest over the philosopher.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 am

1   5   14   14
4   9   19   19
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:06 pm

Brilliant.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Lol, fool, it's fear. And the pride that covers it.

If it weren't for that pride, fear would not be so prevalent over the others. Like a dam.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:43 pm

But this is the stuff of eons.

What right have you to speak of any of it?
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:13 am

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:19 am

13 25 8 5 1 18 20 4 9 5 4 20 15 4 1 25

4 7 8 5 1 9 2 4 9 5 4 2 6 4 1 7

4 | 785 192 495 4264 | 17

(2397)

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:24 am

(M)isanthrop(E)

^ good name for a band.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 am

i now formally withdraw myself from all things political.

this world can burn.

if i find an isolated value that is worth it to me then i will value it, direct and out of context if needed.

fuck tectonics.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 am

strong valuings are always disconnected gems in the dark. no tectonics underlies them. worlds are separate.

i have removed my books, because they were based on a faulty theory.

there is no order, there is no chaos.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 4:34 am

Agree about these gems in the dark.
A reverse of mining.

The gems have to mine their world for things to shine on.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 am

now i’m seeing there are connections, worlds, they’re just not “universal” in a reductive sense. well that’s probably a good thing.

worlds are made out of dust, like adam. our universe-reality is a multi billion year old world, our planet is another little derivative world inside that. i’m sure that tectonics structure the ascent and descent between worlds.

earth is a gem of the universe geology. and life is a gem of the earth geology. and human consciousness is a gem of life geology. or so
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 am

Pezer wrote:
But this is the stuff of eons.

What right have you to speak of any of it?

What right has the sky to be above us?
What other rights would you take to create crimes?

Rather build a rocket.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
now i’m seeing there are connections, worlds, they’re just not “universal” in a reductive sense. well that’s probably a good thing.

It is the most excellent of things. It is the beauty of the value logic, there are only particulars, thus virtually all is hidden treasure. And hidden treasures don't care about time, only about the one who finds them. Objectivity is a thin mist hovering low in the cave of the mind, which reflects in a pool in its midst the moon and sun through an opening in the roof. Sometimes it rains, then the mind is one with the world, or imagines so a it forgets its depths away from the openings and washes its nose.

Quote :
worlds are made out of dust, like adam. our universe-reality is a multi billion year old world, our planet is another little derivative world inside that. i’m sure that tectonics structure the ascent and descent between worlds.

earth is a gem of the universe geology. and life is a gem of the earth geology. and human consciousness is a gem of life geology. or so

So indeed.
Minerals, the beings between atoms and our lives, between light and the cosmos, I like them.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Its true, a taste of freedom is what the world runs on. It has been that way long before there was life.

Orbits are like ordered freedoms. The perception of freedom within orderly bounds as seen from the outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does the world run on?    What does the world run on?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does the world run on?
Page 1 of 1