Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:49 pm

Oh yeah and I don't believe love is reciprocal, or meaningfully so. Sure it can be, but thats just a lucky accident. It doesn't add to the truth or power or integrity of the love or anything like that.

All acts of love are indifferent to what will be received in return; love is of course the will to sacrifice oneself for a higher arc of oneself. If there is no will to sacrifice, there certainly is no love.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Pezer wrote:
Is bullshit rather not ignoring what is obvious between people who know eachother and eachother's reference points all too well?

But then that is what I mean by the superstition of logic. You ignore what is real by pretending it is it that must pass your test.

Like Zoot. Except you at least have the balls to bring metaphysics into it.

i have literally no idea what you’re talking about.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:54 pm

So there I actually did "reduce" love to another concept; the will to sacrifice.
By sacrifice I don't mean "throw away".

Sacrificing something means to give something an extraordinarily high purpose and thus value.
It is then transmuted in the fire of valuing into something "sacred".

The concept, sacredness and sanctity are crucial in how I approach VO; they allow me to deal with my own existence without compromising it through pulling it through a semantic wringer.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Pezer wrote:
Is bullshit rather not ignoring what is obvious between people who know eachother and eachother's reference points all too well?

But then that is what I mean by the superstition of logic. You ignore what is real by pretending it is it that must pass your test.

Like Zoot. Except you at least have the balls to bring metaphysics into it.

Ehm, thats a bit over the top dude...

Zoot?

That guy can't even hold together the most basic logical strings.

I also assume Capable doesn't know who Zoot is, because he would not have a reason besides the bad luck of having stumbled into him.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

"i have literally no idea what you’re talking about."

You are literally lying.

'Your God is imaginary, made up of your imaginación.'

'Those words in that configuración produce no meaning in me. For me to understand, help me see how it is my God that made it so.'

'Lol old trick. Funny how it used to hold so much power. I'm a little disgusted. You're smarter than this. I hope.'

_----------------_

Fixed:

The power of a tonic is not proof of its revelation of truth. One expectats revelation of truth to come with powerful elation, but to equate the two is to prefer feeling good to being right.

This love you now describe, I discussed it with Parodites once. The love that demands all things reveal their names.

For now, I will simply ask: can these hormones not arange differently and produce different states than love?
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:11 pm

I have recently begun cautiously worshipping Astarte (she'll pull you right quick if you're not careful). She arranges those hormones into desire rather than love. Power proper, the classical understanding of what it is.

And there are other uses.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm

If I had to guess why Romans grew such a preferente for love, I would guess that it makes happy men who are easy to rule by any clever enough to have names wating for the momento of revelation.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:18 pm

I prefer Jodorowski's concepción of love, which is at one time more honesto, Humble and infinetly mire ambitious:

Two lovers laying in a bed, with infinity crawled up in the córner of the bed like a cat.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 pm

To be clear, I have found all these things because my question was always: what is the greatest thing one can want? The most wantable thing?

And uh, hoo boy, love is faaaaar behind it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:29 pm

To name just one drive that opens far more doors: boredom.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:31 pm

"The power of a tonic is not proof of its revelation of truth. One expectats revelation of truth to come with powerful elation, but to equate the two is to prefer feeling good to being right.

This love you now describe, I discussed it with Parodites once. The love that demands all things reveal their names"

No no, thats not what I mean. I mean the love that caused me to be within an inch of death. Fuck name giving at that point. Just pure phenomenology. Recognition of the core of all events of which I can reasonably consider myself aware. Without love, no true awareness, and with love, no more things. As things don't exist, only valuing does, and where love is as total as it can be, all valuing is absorbed into it, including eating drinking and breathing.

Im not then simply equating this love with being, Im just saying that in this state of being usurped by love and having become its wheel, I was able to see into the urgency of atoms and this capacity to see allowed me to advance the WtP theorem in terms of valuing.

"For now, I will simply ask: can these hormones not arange differently and produce different states than love?"

What if I say no? I get to laugh, and nothing else happens.

Thats what Ive unlearned, using hypothesis that I can't prove.

But one may of course assume that all kind sof sensations are possible through these hormones. I seriously doubt it, by the way, as there aren't that many real sensations, and most that there are are parts of love.  

But say that a few can combine into a totally alternate sensation - which still would have to be valuing though, as there is nothing else --- still even if this valuing were in no way related to love, a very unlikely case, then still this doesn't touch the point of the increasingly comprehensive self-valuing of love having caused these hormones into existence in the first place. Even if they might be bastardized later on by some use value, their root is love, and they can only be explained in terms of love.

I appreciate N intensely for stressing the difference between explication and explanation.
Science only explicates, philosophy may attempt to explain. Explanation always requires reference to a broader and looser context, and thus always requires some art, some effort on both the part of the writer and the reader.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Pezer wrote:
To be clear, I have found all these things because my question was always: what is the greatest thing one can want? The most wantable thing?

And uh, hoo boy, love is faaaaar behind it.

Power, of course.
But the point is that love is the worst thing you can lose.
It the foundation of all true power you have.

Denying this would only discredit yourself - as your love of this life and this world, its uncanny purity, is what allows your style of asserting.

Caesar loved Rome, Alexander, Venus, the honour of it all, this is why he cared to dominate.

When you subtract love from your conquest, what is left is a mausoleum.
Why VO is such a juicy conquest. There is no death, no hollowness. All paths are beset with the flora of life.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:37 pm

What I see, with all the respect I do have for you, is you imposing direction on things that predate you. Love paints everything. And hate too.

But there are higher States that create, notice and care about more. Because this history of directions is not only ancient, but infinetly so.

Love is produced. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean materially by hormones. I mean by other uh things even more primordial than love.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Not power guy. You still don't understand.

Will to power.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:40 pm

What is lofty enough to use love, rather than be of use to it?
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Even the question gives me a slight fear boner.

I'm not used to being UNDER that question.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Well I used love to create VO. Boredom, there was a lot of that too alone on these Viennese afternoons. Im talking here about one that had a guy killed and me nearly dead, an existential predicament of value identity, not some breezy affair. People die for love plenty. I thin you're being childish in the face of your own great love for, for example, your country. Or Trump, or even Obama. These aren't trivial choices, this is what you are. It indicates what you will do with power. Will to power means willing to power, you can't will to will to power, that is as if you don't already will to power.

Try to realize how I think, what Ive done to (my) thought.

I reversed the order of things, I made it so that you have to start with the most comprehensive attainment to address the simplest thing; all else is vanity and just piss poor weakness.
But this requires a magnificent leap not of faith but of actual self-valuing - it has to be capable of being a fact - has to be capable of demonstration.

*When I say love I don't mean man woman kiss kiss make baby.

I mean obsession and consequences - transmuting oneself entirely through the experience of oneself, which always has to go through a big outside world with significant outside beings in it, god plant man animal or just breath. They don't need to be human or alive at all.

Love is what you love. You love a lot of things. Thats not a hormone. The hormone is a unit in a set of data representing units that we've brought into connection with other such units when we observe them while love occurs. Love is valuing with necessity.

The only other things are pain and fear.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Granted, you can wish for a greater will to power.
An such wishes are sometimes granted.
But this is not different from willing to power, as there is no other means to power than will.

Still, an interesting concept, the will to increase the will.
Id rather see it as explicating the will, cracking it open.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Drugs can be used to increase the symptoms of the will to power, in other cases it can work to transmute the character of the will into a different modification, perhaps to align it with logic or with some specific being - but "All that matters is the quantum of power that one is - the rest is cowardice." - N, The Wil to Power
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Love gives the risk of annihilation of subjectivity - it can be the harshest condition for it. Therein is its value, a breeding place for strengt; love is very akin to despair. It is the other side of the coin.

I see it as the most violent phenomenon, consuming lives like Saturn reaps them, and changing billions of young people into functions of a new human, rendering will irrelevant in the majority of cases - if there is one will to power in Homer that warrants attention it is that of Helen, or of Venus and Eris and all the goddesses that forget their ethics and all become like Venus, the crimson dame, she who hovers above death.

Life can't exist if not to sacrifice itself. This is just the basic condition. All else is slave morality.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 pm

What I wish to accomplish I keep for myself, as every wise man does.
But what I know, what I have, what Ive been and seen, of this I speak freely.

And of this I derive semblances of my goals, lesser forms of them which I may speak to see if there is any interest in that direction.
But don't expect me to speak philosophically of my own goals. That would be very foolish of me to do, I would dissolve into my own philosophy, even worse than when I did when my only goal was to make sure VO gets explicated enough for future scientists to understand its most empirical purposes. I will certainly want to see a bit of that myself.

Anyway, it appears my Venus in Pisces placement shining through. It is dark there at the end, the Russian degrees. When my progressed moon crossed my natal Venus my friend committed his ritual suicide.

True Romance.

Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:39 pm

It occurred ti me on my walk that the question with you is not what is lofty enough, but what is arrogante enough.

Flowers for Astarte. That is an arrogance that is definetely heroic.

I pledge myself to help you however I can.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes, lol.

It was probably the first offering I ever made to a god, I knew only that I wanted to transgress.

It was very much an expression of the scarcity of my own life at that point, a willingness to go beyond mores with her was absolutely the refreshment, the direly needed entrance into the first halls of Taurus.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 pm

She was always quite a too far ahead in these days, I then simply wasn't ready to assess my own worth, which is part of what a love goddess commands. But I never feared the tally, so I made an opening.

The statue you picked is very striking and I find it very pleasant to have this goddess mentioned in our midst.

But of arrogance before a god - reflecting on why you strike at this note, I see now that it is a safety measure boring them - or worse even, insulting them with pretence or even boredom before them - which is a true scorn on them and causes havoc, pure hatred of the gods for these false peons.

It is best to be clear about ones expectations in ones deeds.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:11 pm

As a Taurean Jupiter I take pride I knowing my well rooted place in a long hallowed tradition until and from here. It makes me feel like a tree, a wind-swept tree, ravens became my friend.

Why is it such an honour? One very simple answer might be because my gods strike fear even in atheist hearts. Their names tell them what they already know: there's a storm coming in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Love  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love    Love  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next