Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Film

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 pm

and he collects rare star wars vintage dolls. from the 70s only, 77-80. if anyone shows him a item made 1981 or later he flips out and kills them.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

and his grandma is a 92 year old cotton candy vendor in Boston. who suspects something is up.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 pm

and then pitt discovers there is a copy cat killer mimicking him, it’s a 20 year old kid from queens who writes database software for microsoft and vacations habitually in the philippines. pitt (character name preston jonah trevors) confronts him on a foreign beach by scribing s huge rune in the sand, the kid sees it, grabs a dead fish on the beach and then preston comes up in the dark with a dead fox on his head and they have a conversation with the camera panned close up HD on the animals only. in the dark as steamboats sail by. they decide to team up but only if they can compete for who can kill the lead detective first, who happens to be played by rosie o’donnell. then later you learn that she is a clone of prestons sister who died two decades ago in a house fire. and somehow the clone won the lottery and is paying monthly support checks to preston and his grandmother, while the mom doesn’t know but suspects something when secret service arrive to “audit” her office files regarding financial documents related to the grandma and an unnamed adoption agency.

oh yeah and prestons dad disappeared in Afghanistan 12 years ago, which is when preston joined the FBI and befriended a young Comey. he was assigned to investigate and rebut unusual alien UFO sightings in addition to working as a support personnel for bank fraud cases in Buffalo, NY. meanwhile kid killer (character name rulwali mtenda) hacks the fbi casefile preston is working on and discovers that the democratic party has a slush fund that had been secretly funding julian assange and wikileaks through a russian proxy firm safeguarded by an fbi and cia joint missiongroup codename dusty flower. this has been going on ever since 2007.

Last edited by Thrasymachus on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:51 pm

and that’s when a shriner clown played by christian bale (character name rodney mccoy dutins) comes across a druggie in an ally behind a vietnamese restaurant in buffalo, the druggie says he knows who framed roger rabbit but it’ll cost hard cash. rodney is high and flips out and bashed the druggie head in, steals his wallet, runs off and later finds a business card for preston in there with a four-digit number scrawled on the back. then rodney is about to throw the card away when his cell phone rings, the number is 0-000-(the four digit number).

he answers.

sounds of a nature documentary in the background. a hunter talking about how to skin a kill before the flies get to the corse and ruin it. then a woman’s voice: “please hold for secretary clinton”. rodney freaks and throws his phone into a dumpster. then the kid shows up and they end up fighting with chinese chopsticks they find on he ground after disarming each other in a brute hand to hand. both end up blind and in a blind institution where the doctor / therapist will commit them to a mental hospital if they tell the truth and they know it, so during therapy group they both tell elaborate lies to outsmart each other while later it is revealed the therapist is preston, who stole the identity of one of his victims and is posing as a psychologist. but they don’t know because they are blind now due to the chopstick fight.

Last edited by Thrasymachus on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm

meanwhile rosie o’donnell’s character (named dora s. finch) follows a lead to an abandoned yoga studio where she is overwhelmed by strange fumes. yellow paint on the wall. she wakes up the next day in a hair salon in the middle of a hair style, her phone buzzes and when she looks it’s her bank informing her of a deposit, 127 million dollars to her account from an unknown account. the hair stylist hands her an envelope; addressed to herself from herself. she opens it: a note says she has 96 hours to spend all the money on humanitarian causes or a nuclear device will trigger wirh her dna remnants on it; and a digital paper trail leading to her computer.

she immediately buys four boeing 747s and contracts to have them fly over various third world countries dropping non perishable food and bibles. church of LDS supplies the bibles and later it is revealed they are bought by Bauer pharma and contain radioactive ink. a commercial showing john mccain later airs where he talks about helping the third world through open borders, on the bedside table next to him is a bible. his eyes are funny and later we learn he has cancer.

dora is awarded a philanthropy prize and invited to the white house. all the secret service are tall muscular black men and women. trump comes out and thanks her, his face is painted bright orange and he has a frog pin on his lapel. the eyes of the frog are little swasticas. she looks at it and he laughs and says it’s a red pill joke. then he motions to his assistant to give her the philanthropy award; it’s claire danes and she comes over with a framed award but it turns out it’s brad pitt wearing an elaborate mask and makeup. then laughter like an audience and someone hands her a figuring trophy award, it’s a little han solo with mickey mouse ears.

someone screams, fade to black, the end.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:13 am

i like this story so far. True Detective season three. we can cast the lead protagonist as rosie o’donnell, she doesn’t have a partner but is highly respected in the state police even though everyone hates her personally; christian bale becomes the loser criminal drugged out semi-antagonist, a wrench in the gears who gets caught up in things beyond him; brad pitt is the evil mastermind antagonist and killer; some young black actor known only for doing disney tv sitcoms is cast as the backup antagonist killer who befriends pitt in a deadly game of who can kill the lead detective first.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 am

then we can have trump himself play himself on the show, with orange face paint and a pepe pin to satire how the media sees him. in the show we see constant negative coverage of how trump is solving world hunger and bringing peace to the middle east. but the media is always angry because they think he is only doing it to get more TV show ratings. meanwhile a supporting character named gladio blears (played by angelina jolie) works at a federal reserve office center and discovers a paper trail to dusty flower; she ends up contacting the fbi who send preston (despite him being an ex agent now) to interview her. they fall in love and go out for mediterranean food and end up fucking in the restaurant bathroom. he loves her in a strange damages way and also sort of wants to kill her but first wants to eat her shit, then maybe decide to kill her later or just love her; she suspects he is a bit off and hiding something and decides to use him for sex and career advancement and she agrees in a long subtle conversation with many vague and clever references to bury the dusty flower paper trail in exchange for a condo in philadelphia and a promotion at her job. preston agrees even though he can’t actually give her any of those things.

meanwhile the democrat slush fund also funds a genetics research group in belgrade that does contract work related to designer virus production and cloning. preston doesn’t know that dora is a clone of his sister because her face was deliberately altered to look different but gladio finds this out just as rulwali hacks her computer and deletes the data. gladio thinks preston did it so she confronts him, he breaks down into tears saying he is sorry even though he didn’t do it, then he becomes confused and tries to kill her. she fights him off with a spiked dildo that was in her purse and then reports him to the police. the police say they can’t arrest an fbi agent even an ex one, so she goes to the media and the media says they can’t do a story on it because no one believes the media anymore and all their funding streams come from government contracts now, so obviously they can’t make the fbi look bad.

finally gladio contacts dora and they form a feminist love connection of brutality and repressed rage passion, and they team up to find and kill preston. gladio decides not to tell dora that she is a clone of preston’s sister. preston tracks them and begins to fantasize about eating both their shit at the same time and fucking then both. he starts killing random people who cross their path, believing himself to be a general of an ancient pagan army of lovedeath. now rulwali is pissed because preston is fucking up their game so he decides to frame preston for some murders that lead directly to preston so that dora and gladio will find and kill him. this is about when dora passes out from the fumes after investigating a yoga studio (the yoga studio was registered on an IP address physical address location and that IP address was found to have ordered some parts used to construct centerfuges for nuclear material); meanwhile gladio manages to find preston’s homeless hideout cave and he ends up killing her there while rulwali watches. then it is revealed that rulwali is actually an undercover nsa officer and google chief programmer (he tells preston that google doesn’t really exist and is just a consortium of various intelligence agents from different countries), and asks preston to join them as a “world actor”, someone who does things in real life and follows orders. preston asks if world actors are like crisis actors, and rulwali laughs.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:05 am

oh yeah i forgot, there is a random asian kid, like 10 years old, who keeps popping up randomly and no one knows who he is. this is the kid who later shows up and fights with rodney where they use chopsticks and end up blinding each other. later in the hospital they become friends and the kid admits something about “dirty flowers” and that he is searching, but then preston commits him to shock therapy and the kid is never seen again.

rodney gets surgery and some of his vision back due to electronic implants. he decides to figure out what dirty flowers means. he looks up the phrase in chinese and then copies the chinese characters and does a google image search; this leads him to a cotton candy vendor’s logo, the same vendor who is preston’s grandma. when rodney eventually finds the vendor and asks about the logo on the side of her cotton candy wagon, she tells him there is a prize in the bottom of his cotton candy. rodney asks her if she knows who framed roger rabbit? she laughs and says vanilla and chocolate make a god flavor combination and she hands him a grayish cotton candy.

he decides fuck it all and just goes back to buying drugs, he quits the circus too. later dora finds his name in a list of fake patients after she unmasks preston as a fake psychologist, she reads in his chart he was babbling about hillary clinton and drugs and flowers, and she figures out preston was trying to drug him with memory loss drugs. she tracks rodney down and finds him in a homeless heroin camp under an interstate highway, he tells her about the chinese kid and the flower thing and the cotton candy and then he just passes out. dora takes him to a police station for questioning and medical help. when she checks in the next day to see if he is awake, the sergeant tells her there is no record of any such person being brought in last night. then a few days later rodney’s body is found but his fingers are chopped off so no one can identify him.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:24 am

i’ll split all this off into a separate thread when i get a chance. and any comments are welcome, i want to turn this into a full story idea.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 am

later there is a hint that the chinese kid may have been sent back here from the future by the chinese government, although obviously dora dismisses that as nonsense.

so some minor science fiction elements but only very minor; hint of possible time travel, rodney gets electronic implants in his eyes, rulwali is shown using an app on his phone “black app” just a black square, that lets him screen mirror any cell phone in the world; cloning and designer viruses.

basically all the shit that is already going on in secret, lol.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 7:58 am

there needs to be a police captain that dora conflicts with. i was thinking zach galafinakis could play that role. a hard ass police captain who writes stand up jokes on the side but is always serious and an asshole at work, and he assigns dora to the murders case but later pulls her off due to pressure from his superiors. she thinks he is a decent person but later realizes he is an uncaring asshole.

i wonder if she needs a partner. maybe some lanky bitch boy detective who doesn’t really care. she sends him running useless errands and ends up sending him to talk to one of her informants, a mexican gang leader who secretly informs to her; lanky police guy gets caught up in a gang war and only escapes by killing the gang leader’s second in command, forcing the gang leader to put out a hit on him. dora learns about this and tried to get him to cancel the hit, he won’t. lanky dude goes to one of his own informants, a white gang member, and asks for protection from the mexican gang. the white gang member agrees only if lanky dude will get him drugs to sell. lanky dude agrees and ends up getting hooked on the drugs, dora finds out and tries to get him pulled off the murder investigation, the police captain refuses. we see lanky dude getting bullied by other police, he decides to turn informant for the white gang in exchange for money and drugs, then later has a crisis of conscience and decides to kill him self in the police station after killing a couple of the other police who bullied him; dora stops him just before he does it, tells him to take time off, he does.

later he ends up rescuing her when she finally confronte preston in the hospital where preston is pretending to be a psychologist. then lanky dude is suddenly shot and killed outside the hospital by a drive-by gang hit. turns out it’s doras informant who does the killing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 am

Id say get to scene writing... youve got enough content to work at for years here.

check this out
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/21ej8w/true_detective_ep_1_and_2_screenplays/
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:55 am

awesome, thanks.

scene, brian (lanky police detective) just got a hit put out on him by the mexican gang, Los Lobos. he is in hiding in a hotel, because they know where he lives. he calls up a white gang member he knows and uses as an informant sometimes, “lucky”.

brian: lucky you gotta help me out
lucky: the fucks up?
brian: the lobos put out a hit on me, it’s serious. i need you to talk to Ramon and get him to take them out
lucky: what? you want us to take on the lobos, you crazy?
brian: just do it, i’ll get you whatever you want as payment
lucky: man i ain’t crazy, fuck that. you got a death wish bro
brian: i’m already dead, didn’t you fucking hear me? you need to get ramon, he hates those mexicans anyway
lucky: yeah but we in a truce now dawg.
brian: fuck your truce! i protected you when you got picked up last year, remember? you owe me
lucky: hm well, i don’t know dawg. true ramon hates those spics. plus wirh them outta the way we could expand
brian: now you’re thinking
lucky: but how am i supposed to convince ramon?
brian: i’ll give you evidence they’ve been breaking the truce
lucky: have they?
brian: does it fucking matter!
lucky: dude i can’t just go to ramon and be all like man here’s this police report yo, he would fucking kill me if he knew i talks to you
brian: all the more reason you should help me, so that doesn’t happen
lucky: the fuck is that some kinda threat bitch?
brian: no, no, look. i got your back, just, help me out on this one ok? i’ll find a way to make the evidence look like you somehow just came across it, heard it on the street you know? then when ramon looks into it i’ll make sure he finds its true
lucky: (silent pause) alright dawg, whatever you say. but you gotta git me some good shit, hard you know? and lots of it.
lucky: fine whatever. just fucking take care of this for me and i’ll take care of you
brian: shit dawg aight we got a deal. but you better come through on that hard
brian: i will, i know just where to pick it up from
lucky: shit yeah man. aight so you spread the rumor or whatever, i’ll tell ramon i heard it on the corner those lobos selling in our territory. fuck them anyway
brian: right exactly, yes. ok i’ll be in touch. don’t fuck it up
lucky: fuck man who you think you taking to?
brian: (hangs up)
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 am

scene, dora just found out preston (she doesn’t know his name yet so calls him by the case id number, “713”) may be posing as a doctor at Mother of the Church Alliance Hospital, she enters the hospital alone late at night through a back entrance. shows her police badge to make a nurse let her in.

halls are mostly empty, it’s quiet. 11pm at night. she makes her way to the psychiatric wing.

locked doors. she buzzes an intercom, an orderly answers.

orderly: yes?
dora: i’m here to follow up wirh a patient, i’m dora finch, boston detective
orderly: show the badge to the camera
(dora holds up bee badge to the camera by the buzzer )
(door buzzer sounds, unlocks)
(dora enters)
orderly desk up front, the orderly starts to say something, dora holds up a finger to her mouth in a “quiet” gesture.
dora draws her gun. she knows physical description of preston “713” but never saw him before
she walks down the hall; hears a group going on in a room, inches up to the door, peeks through the glass
preston in a white doctor jacket sitting in a circle of patients. seven total including the chinese kid and christian bale’s character
preston: now we all know the detriment of psychotherapeutic repression, so anyone who displays signs of holding back i’ll have to refer to doctor milas for further treatment. now, john, why don’t you elaborate on your story again, and...
dora bursts into the room gun drawn: hold it! freeze you fucker, don’t even think of moving.
preston: what is the meaning of this?
dora: hands up, get down slowly on the floor
preston: you got the wrong man, girl
dora: don’t you fucking call me girl you shit scum. get on the floor now!
preston: (holds up his hands innocently) alright alright, everything is ok
he squats down, she approaches.
a random patient starts yelling and jumps up, dora turns, then preston lunges
they struggle on the floor, knocking over chairs and a table. patients screaming and crying and running away
preston has a pen in hand, stabs it up into dora’s neck
she gasps, choking and bleeding. she punches preston hard in the face, he goes down momentarily
she clutched her neck and pulls out the pen. she is bleeding a lot
she staggers
preston starts to get up, she kicks him and tries to get ahold of her cuffs
preston knocks the cuffs away, stands up
preston: stupid bitch. what are you trying to prove anyway? (he spits on her as she struggles to get up)
dora: (gurgling sound) you.. mother fucker... i found you, you’re under arrest...
preston: (laughs) you and what army darling?
(brian suddenly bursts in) me you piece of shit!
brian shoots preston with a taser, preston convulses and goes down
brian attends to dora after cuffing preston. he stops the bleeding and calls an ambulance, then looks miffed. “we’re in a hospital” he says
a doctor and two nurses are already running into the room
brian: she’s been stabbed, help her! (he flashes his badge)
doctor and nurses rush dora out of the room
brian calls in to dispatch for additional units
preston, collapsed on the floor, in cuffs: you got the wrong man (he struggles to speak)
brian: your reign of terror is over, shut up already. you have the right to remain silent. if
preston lunges up, brian slaps him down.
preston stops moving
brian looks at his hand, covered in blood now. he breathes heavily.
cut to outside the hospital, police cars. preston being put into a police car. brian talking to dora, with a bandage on her neck.
dora: how did you know i was here?
brian: i asked larry for your last check in record, i knew you would do something stupid on or own
dora: well i guess i should have clued you in on this one, you saved my ass
brian: maybe now i can actually help you, although it looks like the case is closed. how did you track him down?
dora: well i
(suddenly a squeal of tires, a cadillac pulls up at full speed. windows down, guns start firing. dora ducks and tries to grab her gun, brain collapses
as soon as it starts the car speeds away in tire smoke) dora saw it was jose her informant in the car
dora: brian? brian!
he is hit multiple times, gasping. looks panicked, in terror
dora: doctor! (she shouts) god dammit i should never have let you talk to jose, shit! doctor!
brian dies on the sidewalk, a look of hopeless terror and fear in his eyes

Last edited by Thrasymachus on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:19 am

at one point someone asks preston why he eats shit. he says “you are what you eat, and humanity is one gigantic pile of shit”
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 am

You can write dialogues too.
Methinks you should just start putting the script for the pilot together.

You can use celtx I think it's called to format for free.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 am

I think it'd amount to a pilot, despite the nominal tie to earlier products.

Just trying to watch season 2 again, I don't know what happened there. Some great aesthetics but the whole deal is strangely aloof.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 pm

The storytelling just fractalizes downward into details. Its a noble labour, or feels like -
I never wrote anything longer than 40 pages, which would give about 40 minutes screen time.
I used to use final drat, great program. I don't have any software right now.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 1:20 pm

true detective is maybe the best show ever made. although i never saw season two. but still.

i plan not to, so i can write season three with impunity.

i hope my screenplay will be worthy
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 4:28 am

I liked the first season a lot.
I wouldn't go so far as calling it the best show, but I feel like watching it again.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:31 am

i’m watching it again and seeing the deeper levels of genius in it
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am

Alright, finished my re-viewing of The Wire season 1. It felt like home. No to show is this homely, makes you feel more intimate with a city.
Thats America though. Show the worst part of a city and people will fall in love with it. Its still freedom, no mater if its the freedom to a thug life.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 am

Now season 2, the docks.
It greatly pleased me the first time, but went on to be the least accessible of the seasons, except 5, which just isn't that great.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Film - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film   Film - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am

Film - Page 10 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Film - Page 10 Empty