'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thinkers on Trump

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Thinkers on Trump   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Chomsky-- on global warming, torture, immigration, US foreign policy, Trump supporters.

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful

Last edited by Capable on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Thinkers on Trump   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Chomsky-- inconsistent positions, environmentalism and global warming denial, GOP obstructionism, nuclear weapons, Iran, militarization and militarization under Obama, tax cuts for the wealthiest

"Do you hold out hope, then?" ... "I hold out dignity." ... "She will need opiates before long, for the pain. She will cease being who she is." ... "Then I will love who she becomes."  --Penny Dreadful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Thinkers on Trump   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Zizek-- racism, "confused opportunist", dialogue with Russia, Ted Cruz is evil, disintegration of social moral norms and public acceptance of torture, "manufacturing consent" and lack of real choices

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thrasymachus
Tower
Tower

PostSubject: Re: Thinkers on Trump   Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Zizek-- Sanders, social democratic standards, vulgarity in public speech

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinkers on Trump   

Back to top Go down

Thinkers on Trump
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Tree :: Ethics-
Jump to: