Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Haha

ft wrote:

On Monday, James Mattis, US defence secretary, warned that the US would go to war with North Korea if the reclusive nation fired at Guam.

“I think if they fire at the US, it could escalate into war very quickly. Yes, that’s called war, if they shoot at us,” he said.

Hours later, North Korean media trumpeted a visit by leader Kim Jong Un to the country’s strategic missile force, saying that after “earnest” discussions Mr Kim would “wait a little more” before making a decision on whether to fire four medium range missiles into the vicinity of Guam.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Kek.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 1:44 pm

More news of Bannon leaving the White House.

Not sure what to make of it.

Bannons removal from the NSC could be seen as the step that made these sanctions against Russia possible, which seems to be driving the Russians into the zone of the Chinese - a dumb move, surely.

Bannons ideas are functional, smart, aimed at long term results.

On the other hand, of course Trump is capable of a lot through is own genius, it was he who discovered the merit in Bannon, who picked Bannon and thereby ensured his election.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Trump is always calculating the strategic play of both sides. He has to play both sides against, and for, each other. That is the only way forward, it seems. If he is getting rid of Bannon then Trump must be getting something very important in return, but we may never know what it is.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Yeah, thats my thinking as well
Of course it is also not at all said that officially removing Bannon has any real implications. Bannon and he can still talk privately, and it is up to Trump what he will do with what Bannon says.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Yeah, thats my thinking as well
Of course it is also not at all said that officially removing Bannon has any real implications. Bannon and he can still talk privately, and it is up to Trump what he will do with what Bannon says.

Exactly right. In fact Trump probably got a lot from this 'deal' of having Bannon leave. Bannon may have chosen to resign, but Trump could have kept him on, of course. Bannon is no quitter. But just imagine how much Trump could have gotten from this deal, considering how much the regressive left hates Bannon. And now as you say, he can still continue to talk and advise, or perhaps enter into other areas of support for Trump now, like returning to Breitbart or starting a new media company.

But it is bad nonetheless, considering how much Trump supporters like Bannon, and Bannon gives a good image next to Trump, the two of them together in the WH. Oh well. This is a game of deadly stakes, no one knows that better than Trump. Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Quote :
Bannon was not just Trump’s master strategist, the man who turned a failing campaign around in August 2016 and led one of the most remarkable come-from-behind victories in political history. He was also the conservative spine of the administration. His infamous whiteboard in the West Wing listed the promises Trump had made to the voters, and he was determined to check as many of them off as possible. Steve Bannon personified the Trump agenda.

With Bannon gone, there is no guarantee that Trump will stick to the plan. That is why — too late, in retrospect — conservative leaders wrote to the president Friday to advise him that Bannon and campaign manager-turned-counselor Kellyanne Conway were too valuable to lose. Bannon had delivered for the movement, reportedly convincing President Trump to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords, and to visit Israel on his first trip abroad.

Bannon was also probably the only person who could deliver honest advice and criticism to the president, because he did not need the job. He is a self-made man, and not a Washington climber. Thus it was that Bannon reportedly told Trump that firing former FBI director James Comey would be more trouble than it was worth. He was right.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-gone-trump-risks-becoming-arnold-schwarzenegger-2-0/
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Well, Bannon has said that he is still going to actively support Trump so apparently there aren't too many hurt feelings about what happened.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 11:22 am

ft wrote:

Bannon goes on offensive after White House ousting

YESTERDAY by: Courtney Weaver and Shawn Donnan in Washington
Steve Bannon is out as White House chief strategist in a dramatic and abrupt exit for one of Donald Trump’s most controversial aides.

Mr Bannon, who had been the most vigorous proponent of the economic nationalist agenda on which Mr Trump won last year’s election, immediately signalled he would continue his campaign against more moderate Republican influences on the president from outside the administration.

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Mr Bannon told the Weekly Standard, within hours of his departure.

“We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

Mr Bannon is the fourth high-profile adviser to depart the White House this summer amid a major West Wing shake-up. Mr Trump’s press secretary, chief-of-staff, communications director and now chief strategist have all resigned or been pushed out just within the past four weeks.

Yet Mr Bannon’s is likely to have the most far-reaching consequences.

An avowed nationalist who had clashed with pro-business moderates within the administration, Mr Bannon’s departure is an apparent win for the likes of Gary Cohn the former Goldman Sachs executive who now leads the president’s National Economic Council and Dina Powell, another Goldman alumna and top White House aide.

Mr Bannon declared he would return to Breitbart, the conservative news site that he ran before joining the Trump campaign, from where he can continue his war on Mr Cohn and National Security Adviser HR McMaster using friendly conservative news outlets.

“I feel jacked up,” he told the Standard. “Now I’m free. I’ve got my hands back on my weapons. Someone said, ‘it’s Bannon the Barbarian’. I am definitely going to crush the opposition. There’s no doubt. I built a f***ing machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do.”

Critics of Mr Bannon who have credited him with giving voice to the alt-right movement and white nationalism cheered his departure.

“Steve Bannon has given a platform to morally repugnant white nationalists, and his entire political career has been based on stoking hatred, fear and anger,” said Al Franken, the Democratic senator. “He never belonged in the White House.” 

Patrick Toomey, a Republican senator from the swing state of Pennsylvania, also tweeted: “First Scaramucci, now Bannon. Two great personnel decisions by John Kelly.”

In the administration, Mr Bannon was one of the few top aides who shared some of Mr Trump’s economic nationalist views and hardline stances on national security and immigration.

In an interview with The American Prospect, a left-leaning magazine, this week Mr Bannon asserted that he was engaged “in a fight every day” with Mr Cohn and “Goldman Sachs lobbying”. 

“The economic war with China is everything and we have to be maniacally focused on that,” Mr Bannon said. “If we continue to lose it, we’re five years away, I think, 10 years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we’ll never be able to recover.” 

Donald Trump was lukewarm in his support for Steve Bannon at a press conference earlier this week © AFP
Nigel Farage, the former UK Independence party leader, expressed disappointment that Mr Bannon was leaving.

“Very sorry to see my friend Steve Bannon go. His political brain will be hard to replace,” he tweeted.

The end came in an announcement from the White House, rather than a tweet from Mr Trump. “John Kelly [White House chief of staff] and Steve Bannon have mutually agreed today would be Steve’s last day,” an administration official said, confirming the departure. “We are grateful for his service.”

During his tenure, Mr Bannon gained a reputation for being one of Mr Trump’s most powerful aides. In the press, his perceived influence acquired him the nickname “President Bannon” — much to Mr Trump’s ire. On the comedy show Saturday Night Live, he was portrayed as the grim reaper, the devil over Mr Trump’s shoulder. Time Magazine featured his picture on its cover earlier this year under the tagline: “The Great Manipulator”. 

At an impromptu press conference earlier this week, Mr Trump suggested that Mr Bannon’s fate was uncertain. “I like Mr Bannon, he is a friend of mine, but he came on very late,” Mr Trump said, a comment that seemed to suggest Mr Bannon, who joined Mr Trump’s campaign two and a half months before last year’s election, did not deserve credit for Mr Trump’s victory. 

“He is a good person — actually he gets very unfair press in that regard. But we will see what happens with Mr Bannon,” the president said.

In previous interviews, Mr Bannon had predicted he would last approximately eight months in the White House — and he did, minus two days. Thursday marked officially one year to the day that he officially joined Mr Trump’s campaign as its chief executive. 

Top exits of the Trump presidency
Sally Yates, acting attorney-general - January 31
Michael Flynn, national security adviser - February 14
Preet Bharara, New York federal prosecutor - March 11
Katie Walsh, deputy chief of staff - March 30
Angella Reid, chief usher - May 5
James Comey, FBI director - May 9
Michael Dubke, communications director - May 30
Sean Spicer, press secretary - July 21
Reince Priebus, chief of staff - July 28
Anthony Scaramucci, communications director - July 31
Steve Bannon, chief strategist - August 18
Mr Bannon suggested that he resigned from the position. However, others in the administration have privately alleged that Mr Trump was pressured to fire Mr Bannon by other top aides in the White House, including Mr Kelly. 

Mr Bannon told Circa, a conservative radio outlet, that he had sent a resignation letter to the president on August 7 but that his departure had been pushed back in the wake of violence in Charlottesville and its political aftermath. 

At least one White House aide rejected the account that it had been Mr Bannon’s decision to leave, pinning the chief strategist’s departure on Mr Trump’s new chief of staff, who has tried to a semblance of order and hierarchy in the West Wing. “This was General Kelly’s decision,” the aide said.

Additional reporting by David J Lynch

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Yes we were right. He immediately returns to Breitbart and declares holy war on Trump's enemies. Haha, fuck yes.

Now imagine how the fucktards with whom Trump negotiated to remove Bannon feel, seeing how they got played like little bitches. I guarantee you Trump secured some kind of tangible benefits and trade/offs behind the scenes for agreeing to ax Bannon.

I've never seen such pure uncompromising and unwavering strategic genius in politics before. Trump is an entirely new breed of politician, or rather a return of an older breed and type that Marxist globalist cucktardery had all but killed off.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Did you see that at the bottom? Additional reporting by David Lynch. Hahaha.

Reality and cinema blending together. Lynch's films have a deeply disturbing, surreal, dark tone to them, and are basically all about the endless mirror-halls of illusions and manipulations that are the "soul" of the modern world. Lynch is a sick fuck but if you think about it, modern media and political class are basically a David Lynch film personified.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:45 pm

The original Twin Peaks which Lynch didn't do alone but with the diametrically opposed spirit Mark Frost, is still the piece of art that maybe impressed itself on me the deepest.
What a piece of merciless genius that is. I often shiver thinking about how insanely powerful its emotions are.

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Laura%20Palmer

"She's dead... wrapped in plastic."

Fuck me.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:40 pm

The US population on the whole seems to be unworthy of the future. Electing Trump prevented the rest of the world from being turned to radioactive ashes, but ever since the election, the "educated masses" of America, supported by those from the rest of the world, have been openly sabotaging the sovereignty of the US, and it is not coming to an end. Trump is having to cave on some issues, meaning danger is being reintroduced into the equation.

Stephen Colberts show is pure Reichspropaganda, I had figured the man for somewhat self-aware, but clearly he is a raging vat of pills, like an increasingly large portion of the western, and especially US population. I would like to see a list of the "medicines" various famous politicians and media figures are taking. There isn't much perspective left for the Angosaxon world, it starts to occur to me. Germany looks to be winning the long term battle.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Britain has perhaps never been as thoroughly weakened as she is now.
She came into the EU for her own interests, then brought it to ruin by insisting that all sorts of degenerate states from the East join, then leaves.... and then things don't go the way she planned.

The eve of the Brexit referendum I figured I really wanted England to remain, as I suddenly saw how much they profit from it - I had an intuition of what would happen in case of exit. That is happening now. They are losing entirely their international first rate relevance, and Germany now has no competition within the EU.

Repeat: Germany now has no competition within the EU.

Meaning the entire EU market belongs to the Germans. This market is huge.

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 761px-Main_players_for_international_trade_in_goods%2C_2015_%28billion_EUR%29_YB17

As you can see here it is roughly the size of the US and the Chinese economies, but has a healthier rate of export vs import, and the European economy is improving fast now that its interests have been centralized.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 pm

As Ive noticed before, the numbers available online for the size of economies are wildly disparate, with deviations up to and over 100% between some sites. For example, the NYSE is said to be worth now 10 trillion, then 20 trillion, which can simply be due to one party adding up market caps and the other trade volumes.

A detailed study of sectors, industries and their specific export and import numbers in different temporal metrics, is evidently necessary at the very least.

Still, meandering on the surface, we always have a few nifty images and lists.

visual capitalist wrote:
The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 YkMALNe

Rank Country GDP (Nominal, 2015) Share of Global Economy (%)
#1 United States $18.0 trillion 24.3%
#2 China $11.0 trillion 14.8%
#3 Japan $4.4 trillion 5.9%
#4 Germany $3.4 trillion 4.5%
#5 United Kingdom $2.9 trillion 3.9%
#6 France $2.4 trillion 3.3%
#7 India $2.1 trillion 2.8%
#8 Italy $1.8 trillion 2.5%
#9 Brazil $1.8 trillion 2.4%
#10 Canada $1.6 trillion 2.1%
#11 South Korea $1.4 trillion 1.9%
#12 Australia $1.3 trillion 1.8%
#13 Russia $1.3 trillion 1.8%
#14 Spain $1.2 trillion 1.6%
#15 Mexico $1.1 trillion 1.5%
#16 Indonesia $0.9 trillion 1.2%
#17 Netherlands $0.8 trillion 1.0%
#18 Turkey $0.7 trillion 1.0%
#19 Switzerland $0.7 trillion 0.9%
#20 Saudi Arabia $0.6 trillion 0.9%
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Lets study the top 8.

#1 United States $18.0 trillion 24.3%
#2 China $11.0 trillion 14.8%
#3 Japan $4.4 trillion 5.9%
#4 Germany $3.4 trillion 4.5%
#5 United Kingdom $2.9 trillion 3.9%
#6 France $2.4 trillion 3.3%
#7 India $2.1 trillion 2.8%
#8 Italy $1.8 trillion 2.5%

I dont know from when these numbers are, but I would be interested to see what happens to the distance between England on het one hand and France and Italy. A lot of capital industry will be shifting from the former to the latter.

In any case I want to know now what these trillions are made of in each case.
They are maybe the paid price of imports plus exports.
In that case the number should be cut in half to represent the actual volume of exchange, which is different from the total volume. This is where the tricky begins, or ends, in any case why numbers are so well used for speculation and not so well for indication.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:08 pm

The placement of Russia so far down the list shows that economies aren't accurately measured in dollars.
The Russian apparatus that controls their borders and foreign interests surely exceeds by itself the economies of several nations in the top 10, but this is not reported, certainly not taxed and let alone (openly) traded on.

Further, the land mass itself is worth more than all of Europe put together, if we calculate in terms of resources. So a very different set of metrics would be required to give a clear image of economy in the long term. We know that Russia will be playing a great part in world economics regardless of their reported size, a much greater part than France, or than Italy.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Well, if it's shit it ought to be called shit.

I am still anti-globalization. Likely more so than I was a year ago.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am

Damn.

Quote :

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/192d9926-9f94-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946

Theresa May has been applauded by Brussels for her “constructive spirit” after she set out plans to keep Britain in the EU in all but name until 2021, five years after the country voted to leave the bloc.

In a conciliatory speech in Florence, Mrs May also said Britain would pay €20bn into the EU budget after Brexit and signalled the contribution was only a downpayment on what could be a considerably larger exit bill.

Although Britain will formally leave the EU in March 2019, under Mrs May’s model it would still be covered by all EU rules, European court judgments, the free movement of EU workers and budgetary contributions to Brussels until the transition ends.

The main change in 2019 would be Britain no longer having a vote in Brussels policymaking; Mrs May did not deny that during the transition the UK would have to apply new EU laws it did not have a say in drafting.

The speech delighted business leaders who believe Mrs May’s plan for a transition period of “around two years” after Brexit in March 2019 will avoid a cliff-edge and was welcomed by Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator.

I knew they were on the losing hand, but this is pretty fucking pathetic.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Ahaha, yes Brits are so cucked. Too funny. Germany owns Britain, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Just in time for Germanys absolute rulership, it introduces some soul into its politics; the first human party is entering their parliament.
Of course, because they are rational, they are feared and defined as "nazis", lol.

ft wrote:

Rightwing AfD set for historic breakthrough in German elections

Nationalists poised to inject conflict into Bundestag tradition of consensus politics

This year’s election is set to go down in history as the moment Germany’s most successful rightwing party since the second world war stormed into parliament.

A poll released two days before Sunday’s vote suggested the Alternative for Germany (AfD) could win as much as 13 per cent and about 85 seats, making it the third-biggest party in the Bundestag.

This would be an extraordinary feat for a fiercely anti-immigration, anti-Islam organisation that was formed only four years ago and was long dismissed as a fringe phenomenon. It would also be the first time such a rightwing party has sat in the German parliament in more than 50 years.

The AfD’s success has come as a shock to moderates who thought the horrors of Germany’s Nazi past had immunised the country to the appeal of hard-right nationalism. They are now trying frantically to assess how the party’s breakthrough will affect the country’s political culture.

This month, Sigmar Gabriel, the foreign minister, admitted to a certain sadness in the last session of the outgoing parliament — “because I knew it was highly likely that when I come back to the Bundestag there will be real Nazis standing at the podium for the first time since 1945”.

The initial signs are that this year’s election could be a watershed moment, ending old ways of doing things in the Bundestag. The AfD, which revels in breaking taboos and attacking the “cartel” politics of the “old parties”, will inject more conflict into a system that has for decades leaned towards consensus and compromise.

We will try to revive a culture of debate and provide a real alternative to the mushy consensus we have now

ALEXANDER GAULAND, AFD CANDIDATE

Germans have had a foretaste during the election campaign, in which AfD supporters have routinely drowned out Angela Merkel’s stump speeches with choruses of whistles and boos and lambast the chancellor as a “liar”, “traitor” and “oath-breaker”.

The party’s entry into parliament will “lead to a polarisation of political debate,” says Alexander Hensel of the Göttingen Institute for Democracy Research, who has studied the AfD’s performance in Germany’s regional legislatures. “You will see a mixture of sharp critiques of the established “cartel” parties, as well as personal attacks on individual politicians and deliberate provocations to raise the party’s profile.”

Alexander Gauland, one of the AfD’s top two candidates, says the party will revive a parliamentary system that has fallen into torpor under Ms Merkel. “Can you name me one interesting debate we had over the Greek bailout? The NSA espionage affair? The Russia sanctions?”, Mr Gauland said last week. “We will try to revive a culture of debate and provide a real alternative to the mushy consensus we have now.”

There are fears the AfD could introduce a shrilly radical tone not seen in Germany’s national parliament since the 1930s. The party’s list of Bundestag candidates includes hard-right ideologues, conspiracy theorists and politicians with close ties to extremist organisations ranging from radical Burschenschaften, or student leagues, to neo-Nazi groups.

AfD leader Frauke Petry votes in Leipzig. Her party is expected to gain up to 13 per cent of the ballot ©️ AP
One of its top candidates is Jens Maier, a judge, who has criticised Germany’s “cult of shame” over the war. Another is Wilhelm von Gottberg, who has described the holocaust as a “myth, a dogma that is protected from all free historical research”. Another is Petr Bystron, who has been on German domestic intelligence’s watchlist since March because of his support for the extreme rightwing Identitarian Movement.

The list also includes figures such as Sebastian Münzenmaier, who is on trial on charges of grievous bodily harm and attempted robbery over an alleged attack on a group of FSV Mainz 05 football fans in 2012.

A study published last month by the Duisburg Institute of Speech and Social Research found that of the 235 candidates put up by the AfD, 98 are extreme rightwingers and only 40 are from the moderate wing of the party. (The study said 97 of the candidates kept such a low profile that it was hard to tell where they stood politically).

RECOMMENDED

German election: AfD’s advance in six charts
Election tests German compassion for migrants
Rightwing populist AfD dominates German Twitter, new study shows
The AfD was not always so rightwing, beginning life in 2013 as a Eurosceptic “professors’ party” opposed to the Greek bailouts. But it shifted sharply to the right after an internal coup in 2015 that left Frauke Petry in charge. She turned it into Germany’s leading critic of Ms Merkel’s open-door refugee policy, a shift that boosted its rating in opinion polls as public misgivings about the refugee influx grew. By this summer it had gained representation in 13 of Germany’s 16 regional parliaments.

Political scientists say Mr Gabriel’s designation of the AfD as a bunch of Nazis was wrong. Michael Wolffsohn, the German-Israeli historian, says the AfD is typical of the new crop of European rightwing parties that have emerged as “reactions to new problems which haven’t been dealt with by the traditional parties” — such as the abuse of the right to asylum and the rise of Islamist terrorism.

Jürgen Falter, politics professor at Mainz university, says that the AfD’s entry into the Bundestag should not be overdramatised: to him it puts Germany on a par with other EU countries where rightwing parties have long been part of the political landscape.

“[The AfD’s success] is not a cause for concern but a normalisation of German politics after our history,” he adds.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 am

Cant wait for the next thing that happens.
this world is unfolding, its pretty fair to say, to call this era the era After Trump. AT.
'17 is 1 AT. Of course the Rule of Trump is after the Victory of Trump, which is "Trump".  Trump Trumping the Ttrumped on account they ain't no Trump.

Nor Ace.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 5:49 am

Year 1 AT, I like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)   The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Analytic Impossibility of Globalism Until Value Ontology Is Implemented as All-Law (2)
Page 9 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next