Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

in group preference

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

in group preference  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Cause you had the power to.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 pm

i do what i want
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Cause you have the pzzower to.

Which is a byproduct of wzzill to power.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm

And that's truf.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:20 pm

This is why will to power isn't an ultimate answer. Only the key, the gate.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:21 pm

truth, power (will to power), and fantasy (the fantasy image).

these three cores are each fundamental and cannot be reduced to each other.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Will to power is not power, gah...
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 pm

think about it

then tell me the difference you think you see
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm not reducing nothing. It is simply true that will to power sprang truth.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm

nope
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Nothing, I don't think I see anything. I just see.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:27 pm

But I had to work fucking hard and summon a lot of fucking energy to see it.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:28 pm

if you think that will to power sprang truth then that is a reduction of truth to will to power.

to me, that makes no sense. truths do not exist upon any basis of power or will or willing to power, or of willing to anything else. they simply... exist.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Still, it is as if that hard work did itself and that energy summoned itself. For I did not will IT.

It is true that truth sprang from will to power. What is reduced there? For it is true.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 pm

right, that would be by definition a reduction.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:33 pm

A reduction to a truth. Which is truth, unreduced.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

A thing can be, and at the same time, be.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Anyway, don't mean to interrupt your process.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:44 pm

i’ve tried to reduce them, that was the goal of my second book. it didn’t work.

facts have no typical category of existing, they are a separate category entirely outside of time. and while it is a truth (a fact) that will to power exists and is what it is, will to power is such that its derivation cannot be traced to truth for the simple reason that will to power does not give a fuck for truth and doesn’t require it. it is it’s own gestalt. like VO.

truth is simply the phenomenological category of facts as such, which are outside of time and do not require any instantiation of themselves to be. facts as such cannot be reduced to will to power, because will to power is just one more fact, albeit a more significant one than most.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Ok we're getting somewhere.

It is a fact that will to power. And it is a fact that truth, it is true. It is a fact that truth sprung from will to power, it is a fact, it is truth.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 pm

if you define what is will to power (an impulse, a tendency, a natural law, a drive, etc) and you define what truth is (facts as such) and you define what the fantasy image is (the inner subjective self-experience of desire-imaging expectation), or however you want to define them, there isn’t a way i’ve figured out how to derive one from the other. you can show that in some instance one seems to depend on the other or works with the other or can be in part explained in the terms of the other, but that’s not a derivation.

these things just are what they are. i mean ultimately everything can be “reduced to” truth even wtp and fantasy, but it isn’t truth itself that creates them. they exist as truths within truth as such but their actual reasons for being lie within themselves. for example the fantasy image is close to VO perspectivism that exists for every selfvaluing in terms of itself, you can reduce and reduce to smaller and smaller things but they are always selfvaluings and always contain some germ and seed of perspective-having. that’s “fantasy imaging”. likewise with will to power, you can broaden it as far as possible and try to universalize it but ultimately nothing causes it to exist, it is just a statement about existence directly. nothing can exist that doesn’t partake of willing to power in some regard.

and if you try to universalize wtp you start encountering errors because as VO notes things are different from each other and individuated and there is no metaphysical “wtp itself” that somehow creates individual things which individually will to power. i see wtp as a nature law, a logical one that we can understand easily enough. it is fundamental. but you would have to show me how it creates truth itself (fact-ness-as-such) in order for me to buy into the idea that truth is something “created”.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 pm

Pezer wrote:
Ok we're getting somewhere.

It is a fact that will to power. And it is a fact that truth, it is true. It is a fact that truth sprung from will to power, it is a fact, it is truth.

ok so now you have to actually explain and show how truth sprung from wtp. so far you’ve just asserted it.

i’m saying that there is no way to do that, it’s apples and oranges. truths (facts) do not exist because they were “willed”.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 10:04 pm

It would take far too fucking long and be unnecessary.

Nitzsche did it, but he was no Kant. There is no neat straight line.

The reason I can state it so bluntly and succintly is because Nietzsche already did all the hard work.

In any case, your definition above of will to power is wrong. You just don't like the original one. But it doesn't make it any less true.

See you seem to equate truth to logic, and then to fact.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 pm

it is a fact that X. and it is a fact that it is a fact that X. and it is a fact that it is a fact that it is a fact that X.

now start adding in neighboring related and encountering fscts, you get metas. then those metas also go into eternity like the X example above.

so you begin to see the problem.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 pm

truth is simply another word for reality, for whatever happens to exist and how and why that is the case. logic is separate from that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: in group preference    in group preference  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

in group preference
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next