Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where Authority Lays

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Odin is certainly related to the God whose favour I tasted that morning in the mountain rain.
Apollo is the Greek wolf-god.

Last edited by Fixed Cross on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:34 pm

I rather think I know what you mean by Odin in terms of Mercurio. And other terms, but a lot of what you've said in the past is making sense.

No, I'm not against tribalism. I'm simply also not for it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Is Apollo tribal? He that united all Greeks? He who saw past the tribalism of the Greeks? Is it true that he is patron God of colonies? Do you know that I am of a long and powerful colonial heritage? Do you think Nietzsche spoke of Apollo without knowledge of him?
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm

You can't be for tribalism in general, you can only be for specific tribes.
Tribalism exists everywhere in life, from flocks of birds to groves of ash, but you gotta belong in one to value it.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 pm

And working on my court a little bit, did Dionisos also not see past tribalism?
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:40 pm

These are just questions. I will not impose my religion on you or ever take to yours.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Pezer wrote:
Is Apollo tribal? He that united all Greeks? He who saw past the tribalism of the Greeks? Is it true that he is patron God of colonies? Do you know that I am of a long and powerful colonial heritage? Do you think Nietzsche spoke of Apollo without knowledge of him?

Yes, Apollo is the most tribal of Greek Gods. The only one belonging only to them.
Flanked by Athena Pronoia, who once caused an earthquake when barbarians were close to toppling the Delphian temple, sent them all screaming into the abyss.

Apollo is Greek through and through. Nietzsche dedicates some chapters of the Birth of Tragedy to him, which I think are excellent explorations, but far from Apollonian in strength. BGE is Ns most Apollinian work, Id say.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:46 pm

I guess my pzzoint on that particular matter be: is the union of all Greek tribes itself a tribe? No, me and Nietzsche both think not.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Pezer wrote:
I guess my pzzoint on that particular matter be: is the union of all Greek tribes itself a tribe? No, me and Nietzsche both think not.
Neither do I.
Greek tribality is in their opposition.

Politically, Athens vs Sparta, mythically, the Achaian houses again each other.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 pm

In fact, no other God bothered to imagine a Greek unity. Greece was the world. Dionisos did notice a world outside the world, but would have scoffed at a protective unit.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Zeus would have simply laughed at the notion that there was anything he wasn't already king of.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Protect in the Napoleonic sense, of course, not the Spartan one.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Interesting points. I know viscerally that Apollon is the hard heart of Greece. But he may have produced Sokrate and Plate as necessary resentments of the weaker portions of Greece. Apollon may have been too tough for his own good.. In that case Greece was destined to go under from its strength. Which makes sense - it wasn't a gradual decay, it was an overdose.

wik wrote:
In myths dating to the classical period of Ancient Greece (510-323 BC), Zeus determined the site of Delphi when he sought to find the centre of his "Grandmother Earth" (Gaia). He sent two eagles flying from the eastern and western extremities, and the path of the eagles crossed over Delphi where the omphalos, or navel of Gaia was found.[2]
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Pezer wrote:
Zeus would have simply laughed at the notion that there was anything he wasn't already king of.
And does.
But Apollon is his preferred son, who does the shitty work of making humans into something more than apes, while he is out roaming.

Apollon is always pissed off. Thats what I like about him most. He allows Zeus the sunny days.
of course he trembles in awe when his father strikes.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Apollo is over eager. Dionisos says: be cool. Be ice.

Apollos is woody, similar to the name Bond, about ancestry and order. About taste of the powerful. The God of elite, of elites.

He is the seed of his own destruction. In his disdain for the existence of anything else, he cannot but produce enemies capable of dedeating him one way or another. And it is right that he should be. Genocide is NOT cool.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Zeus is not responsible for Apollo. Whatever comes of his strength is what it is. He doesn't care. Kings don't care about if their sons are good or not.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 pm

So the sons and daughters are ever at war. Athena against Apollo, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Haha, you really hate him.

I just realized during some push ups that he is the one Zeus sent to deal with the mess that Prometheus had made.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 pm

Lol that's a funny thought. That's good theology right there. I can't but stand back.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:16 pm

I dare say I have been more Apollonic than anyone you know. That only I understand what Nietzsche meant by Dionisos as an answer to the catastrophy that is Apollo.

That Dionisos is no son of Zeus. Only his happy subject. "To Cesar what is of Cesar." That is Dionisian.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

I dare say Dionisus is a great fan of Zeus. Perhaps is the one that works most ardently for him, in his favor. Most effectively too, most truly, having non of the self deceit or conceit of a son.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 pm

He met Zeus and was like damn. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Athena tolerates him best, being Godess of cold calculation.
Back to top Go down
Pezer
builder
builder

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Well Hermes obviously and him get along. But more often than not diverge. They criss-cross.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 1:25 pm

Quote :
Athena against Apollo, for instance.

Athena Pronoia is the one who caused the Earthquake to protect Apollons protectorate.
Athena does the same work, I suppose, as Apollon, but as a beautiful mischievously conscientious goddess rather than as a fixed deity. She has other means, and Im sure she thinks of her brother as stubborn, but not as an obstacle. Without him there would be no statues at all, no temples, no Athens or Troy, just weird barbaric ornaments. Nothing to protect or care for. Apollon is the force behind Trumps wall.
So he warrants a lot of hatred. He needs hordes to send his plagues on.

Hmm... yeah I see where you'd have a problem.
He is the current White House too though, if it falls, Ill know where Ill go. To the other place.

Perhaps I simply admire Apollon for the power he has shown to tell the future, to make known paths, and to allow gently the presence of oneself near his sister....

Ad fluvium ridet
haenc Nimitur plebit

" Happily they fell into a shallow pool, and by a strange chance the water shrank back as if afraid to be the cause of the babies' death, and thus Romulus and Remus were saved. To them, as they lay crying helplessly under a wild fig-tree, came a great she-wolf. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Authority Lays   Where Authority Lays - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Authority Lays
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Before The Light :: Sap :: Interpretation-
Jump to: