Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emily Dickinson and Battle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pezer
builder
builder

: 2592

Emily Dickinson and Battle Empty
PostSubject: Emily Dickinson and Battle   Emily Dickinson and Battle Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Success Is Counted Sweetest

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Not one of all the purple host
Who took the flag to-day
Can tell the definition,
So clear, of victory!

As he, defeated, dying,
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
Burst agonized and clear!

Emily Dickinson

Strategy is a sign of weakness, it seeks to avoid a break, the break of defeat/victory, whereas strength doesn't experience any break, thus any victory.

Last edited by Pezer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Emily Dickinson and Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily Dickinson and Battle   Emily Dickinson and Battle Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Some victories are implicit in the man.
Some are attributed to him by fortune.
Some implicit victories take the form of defeats. Some fortunous victories trigger interior collapses.

Clever is he who only acknowledges his implicit victories -- his pivotal becomings -- not take the icing for the cake.

Life must be layered at all times. Priorities relax, extremities agitate - within the relaxation is the inertia, the valuing core.
If I relax, objects, scents, glimpses, gestures, these stand out to a white void, much like letters, characters - clearly meaningful, self-enclosed beings, revealing only to me their presence, not yet their meaning. I can choose if I want to be in that game with them, the meaning - I can choose to let them go by untouched, which is what amounts to a present moment adorned with luxurious riddles. A riddle is a treasure. A treasure is a narrative.

Do you know Helen of Troy? This is her epitaph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Emily Dickinson and Battle
Page 1 of 1