Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Only problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Most problems exist and are caused at the level of institutions. But the only truly human fault and problem is simple: that people are allergic to thinking.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 7:19 pm

The human problem is deeper than the institutional problems, because it is an indirect cause of them.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Ive grown up seeing thinking kids being bullied into silence, as it is a threat and thinking kids are often physically or emotionally sensitive or slow. I was always shown respect probably because I tended to be quite wild and quick, physically and emotionally satisfied. So Ive been able to continue thinking while observing without resentment the idiocy of 'normal people' versus thought. And quickly accepted it as "the case" - people hate thought.

I figured at one point that it was probably a matter of thought not having enough masculine appeal.
If we want to popularize thinking it will be through showing them to be pussies who shirk back from it.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 am

But it is so much easier to just do what others tell us to do and avoid thinking all together. I mean, if anything goes wrong we can always pass the blame on to someone else.

No thought, no decisions, no responsibility.

The best kind of herd animal.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 am

What a sad existence such worms must have. That is what we have spines for, to decide on our course.

Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

: 307

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
What a sad existence such worms must have. That is what we have spines for, to decide on our course.

Hmmm, I certainly hope that my big worm dreams are not about myself being "spineless" ...that's another direction to go into, to think about.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:05 am

Capable wrote:
Most problems exist and are caused at the level of institutions. But the only truly human fault and problem is simple: that people are allergic to thinking.

I wouldn't say that it is the ONLY truly human fault and problem but I do agree with you in part - lack of thinking creates great problems because we can't foresee consequences - often because we don't see them as existing.
I think that another one would be in not following through with what we want.  
Sometimes we tend to get as far as know what we want but we don't know how to get it or get there.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

Hmmm, I certainly hope that my big worm dreams are not about myself being "spineless" ...that's another direction to go into, to think about.

In case that's your reference, snakes are vertebrates. No relation.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Fixed yes you're right, we need to make truth and thinking "cool" somehow. Show them they're just huge pussies for not wanting to think.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Capable wrote:
Fixed yes you're right, we need to make truth and thinking "cool" somehow. Show them they're just huge pussies for not wanting to think.

I think that's the way.

It's been the way, come to think of it, that Ive defeated these pussies on the nazi forum, they're entirely gone from the discourse now.

It's also the way in which we've magnetized a great part of the internet philosophy community in awkward awareness of some people actually taking themselves seriously. We're the only ones on the web doing this it seems - everybody else needs to either relativize themselves or just be slave. Natural, since our methods of thinking are indeed the freshly birthed antithesis to intellectual sloth.

However, we can do much more in these terms, if we consciously set out to make real thought cool, like MMA or K1 is cool; its not for everyone, but you're cool if you can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
arrow
arrow
Arcturus Descending

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 10:34 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:

In case that's your reference, snakes are vertebrates. No relation.

Well, I learned something new this morning. I thought that snakes, like worms, had no spines. Embarassed
How lucky we are that the more we learn, the more we come to realize how very little we know.

But I was referring to the fat worms in my dreams. I perceived them as worms - not snakes...definitely not snakes.

I shall take the time to gaze within my mind at these slimy little creatures to see what about them is me. And don't call me a slimy creature, FC. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Only problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only problem    Only problem  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Only problem
Page 1 of 1