Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trump is compromised

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

Trump is compromised - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

What also makes sense to me is to skip visits to Canada and Mexico, as these are nations that have attacked Trump along with the subhumanity-militias in the US.

I would likely have to agree with you. If or when they get ready to talk with Trump he should invite them here.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Utterly unbelievable that Trump caved to the military industrial complex and the Saudis with this deal. The more I think about it, the more I can't believe it.

He is truly gone. Today is a day of mourning.

Well, I hope you are done mourning.

Trump is pro business and pro corporations. No surprise to me that he would be doing things to support American businesses and workers.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Anyway, fuck this shit. I am so fucking done with all of this.
But it's not over yet. Hang in there. We still might see some movement toward peace in the Middle East. Trump has said many times that he wants to see peace between he Palestinians and Israelis. More excitement soon to come.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:19 am

Sisyphus wrote:
Thrasymachus wrote:
Anyway, fuck this shit. I am so fucking done with all of this.
But it's not over yet.  Hang in there.  We still might see some movement toward peace in the Middle East.  Trump has said many times that he wants to see peace between he Palestinians and Israelis.  More excitement soon to come.

There's no peace when thousands of years of tribal medievalism has people wanting to kill each other over disagreements about a non-existent god. And especially when the US and Europe meddle in that, making those differences even worse... and then arming one half against the other.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:59 am

Thrasymachus wrote:

There's no peace when thousands of years of tribal medievalism has people wanting to kill each other over disagreements about a non-existent god. And especially when the US and Europe meddle in that, making those differences even worse... and then arming one half against the other.

Fair comments. Trump is a Christian. He has kissed up to Israel. He has spoken against fundamentalist Moslems. He is now the first sitting US President to visit The Wall in Israel.

Right now our greatest enemy at the fundamentalist Moslems. Either the Arab world get a handle on the fundamentalists or the wars will continue. He made that clear when in Saudi Arabia. And he spoke strongly against Iran's support for terrorist organizations.

The sooner you pull the weeds the sooner your garden will be pretty.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 12:37 pm

And what about the US support for terrorism? Or you think those Arab Spring, Syrian, Egyptian and Libyan "uprisings" were just entirely spontaneous and not orchestrated and encouraged by the CIA? What about Ukraine in 2014?

The US picks sides and funds terrorists on that side, then has the utter hypocrisy to proclaim that terrorism is evil. And on top of that, if you want to understand why many Muslims hate the west just look at the last 100 years of active meddling by the west into the ME.

Idiots try to understand "terrorism" from one side only and in a vacuum of their own ignorance and self-righteousness. Which usually masks some ulterior motive, since many people really aren't that stupid, despite appearances.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
And what about the US support for terrorism? Or you think those Arab Spring, Syrian, Egyptian and Libyan "uprisings" were just entirely spontaneous and not orchestrated and encouraged by the CIA? What about Ukraine in 2014?

The US picks sides and funds terrorists on that side, then has the utter hypocrisy to proclaim that terrorism is evil. And on top of that, if you want to understand why many Muslims hate the west just look at the last 100 years of active meddling by the west into the ME.

Idiots try to understand "terrorism" from one side only and in a vacuum of their own ignorance and self-righteousness. Which usually masks some ulterior motive, since many people really aren't that stupid, despite appearances.

Can't blame Trump for what the Obama administration did.

We don't know yet what guidance Trump has given the CIA.

But I will agree that the USA has been at this dirty business for way too long. Time for the government to start telling the American people what it is really doing around the world regarding the governments of other peoples.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Trump gets some points for leaving the Paris climate agreement. I'd say he is probably about 50/50 now, which is quite a lot better than any president in recent memory.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:
Trump gets some points for leaving the Paris climate agreement. I'd say he is probably about 50/50 now, which is quite a lot better than any president in recent memory.

Yeah, I just read that. But I did expect it to happen.

I don't know the particulars so I am unable to form an opinion.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 11:19 am

Looks like Trump jumped on the Russia hate train. Guess it's all over.

We had a good run.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 11:38 am

Now that Trump has jumped on the Russia hate and conspiracy nonsense, I am forced to write him off. I will list what I see as the good and bad things he has done so far.

I put in around 50/50, which is of course infinitely better than any other US president that I can think of or remember. Please add your own things to these two lists.

Good things Trump has done:

-Withdrew from TPP
-Executive order preventing lobbying by administration officials
-Executive order to investigate election fraud in the US
-Canceling Obama policy on transgender bathrooms in schools
-Withdrew from Paris Agreement
-Refused to invade Syria (surgical missile strike on airfield that delivered chemical attack)
-Proposed middle class tax cuts
-Started bidding for construction of the wall, and stripping federal funds from sanctuary cities
-Proposed a temporary travel ban
-Welcomed independent journalists into press briefings
-Declined to participate in press correspondence dinner
-Fired Comey

Bad things Trump has done:
-Sold arms to Saudi Arabia
-Proposed top income tax cuts
-Proposed increase to military spending (not reducing deficit)
-Welcomed McMaster into his NSC
-Declined to prosecute Hillary
-Declined to do immediate repeal of ACA (bashed the Freedom Caucus members who are holding Trump accountable to his campaign promise to to a full and immediate repeal of the ACA)
-Joined the bashing/alienating of Russia (affirming the “Russia election hack” scaremongering, adding even more sanctions on Russia rather than lifting existing sanctions, and screwing up communication with Russia in Syria)
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 am

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:50 am

Well, as long as Congress is kept busy chasing ghosts they won't have time to pass any more "bad" laws.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

I looked into this AHCA bill Trump is backing. It looks as terrible as I have been hearing. It is just the continuation of the ACA, with limiting some aspects and shifting other aspects and costs to the states.

Trump wants to keep the basic structure of the ACA but drop the individual mandate; he is just like Reagan who wanted to hugely cut taxes but not cut spending. This leads to debt and higher taxes at the state level. It is partly why property taxes are so high, and of course is also why we cannot pay down the federal debt.

Trump lied to us all when he said he would repeal the ACA on day one. He has no intention of repealing the ACA. He wants to water it down and make it permanent, and even more financially insolvent. So basically he is keeping the structure in place which is a payout to huge private insurance companies, costs will remain high, taxes will remain high, debts will increase, and people we will not be able to afford to see the doctor.

The bill does not even require competition of selling insurance across state lines. What the fuck? This was identified as a huge problem with the ACA, and Trump isn't fixing it. Do you know why inter-state competition for health insurance is not allowed? It is because the huge private insurance companies want their little fiefdoms of monopolies, both at the state level as well as at the regional level. Each city has only a small number of choices for health insurers, and each insurance plan requires you to go to certain clinics and doctors. This is a pure monopoly power grab by the insurance companies.

Some of the insurance companies actually run their own clinics now, like Health Partners. They fucking bought up the actual health care, the doctors, the medicines, the machines, the nurses, and run their own little mafia-like regions where you are forced to use their system. That isn't going away in the AHCA.

So Trump is a fucking liar, and fuck him. I was right to write him off.

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Thrasymachus wrote:

So Trump is a fucking liar, and fuck him. I was right to write him off.

You think we should replace him with Clinton or Sanders?

As long as the government plays in the free market things will be screwed up.

And as long as people demand "rights" (think money) from the government the debt will continue to increase.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Clearly Trump even with his faults is far preferable to Clinton/Sanders.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 12:10 am

I never had confidence in the power of the president to directly repeal that whole trillion dollar scam.
Let's hope that this is going to fail as well. Stalling is the best we can do here, at this point in time.
A lot needs to still change before the superstructures can be tackled. There are two major consumers of the taxdollar; pharma and the military. Together they appear to account for two thirds of all money the state collects from 'Joe the plumber' &co.
So... yeah.

Trump is letting the warmakers make war, and the pharmacists sell pills. The things he's done right are great, but not quite as great as to downright undo the vilest evils of our times. And I never expected him to do that - I think these budgets are beyond the point of no return. This is a terrifying thought - it means both these branches of excess have to be justified. Meaning: made into something humanly valuable.

How crazy it would be if our taxmoney would actually contribute to something of value.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 6:31 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
Clearly Trump even with his faults is far preferable to Clinton/Sanders.

Thank you. I was just looking for an alternate perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
I never had confidence in the power of the president to directly repeal that whole trillion dollar scam.
Let's hope that this is going to fail as well. Stalling is the best we can do here, at this point in time.

How crazy it would be if our taxmoney would actually contribute to something of value.

Well, before anything constructive is going to happen the Dems and Reps are going to have to start talking "with" each other.

And I agree, health care and wars are monster scams. Taking money from the needy and giving it to the wealthy. Some things never change.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
A lot needs to still change before the superstructures can be tackled. There are two major consumers of the taxdollar; pharma and the military. Together they appear to account for two thirds of all money the state collects from 'Joe the plumber' &co.
So... yeah.

Trump is letting the warmakers make war, and the pharmacists sell pills. The things he's done right are great, but not quite as great as to downright undo the vilest evils of our times. And I never expected him to do that - I think these budgets are beyond the point of no return. This is a terrifying thought - it means both these branches of excess have to be justified. Meaning: made into something humanly valuable.

Yeah I agree, and I'm sure my standards are too high. I want Trump to be more than maybe he can be. I'm under no illusions that if he really did everything he said he wanted to do then he wouldn't last a week. Some compromises are in order from him, just speaking pragmatically. But I'll still call him out when I disagree with something he does or says. And I'll agree where that is deserved too.

Stalling.... yes I bet you're right. Slowing down the timetable on all this bullshit might be enough to shift things significantly in the future. But I really do not want to see him make an enemy out of Russia. That would be a catastrophic mistake.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Quote :
I really do not want to see him make an enemy out of Russia. That would be a catastrophic mistake.

I sort of get what he's doing vo-mechanically, he's' riding the momentum of superiority to adapt it to his own style. He's actually good at war, it seems, and Russia just having to respond and entrench in new ways. I think they're both aware of the dangers of letting the other think they see weakness, Trump shows that he has no intention of falling in that trap. That is always a dangerous game, you could say the very game like nature of danger is manifest here.

The only solution on account of which a retreat might be feasible that I can imagine practically convincing American deep interests is a victory of sorts that is permanent. In the past, a victory over a great army was perpetuated by building a city in its name. War is perhaps never justified - and thus never ending - unless something utterly vast is established in its place, as a result, in part of that war but in measure by the power of human magnanimity.

Building, on of the overriding themes of the campaign, is one that can be taken to great extremities without doing damage. And perhaps the one art that must be driven to the greatest extremity of human capacity to allow for a foundation of all the other arts. A new style of building has to be devised - a new type of city.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 6:43 am

Thrasymachus wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/05/donald-trumps-salary-to-help-restore-antietam-national-battlefield/

Damn. Really, I got no choice. Back on the Trump train.

Nice to hear you have reconsidered supporting Trump. I'm sure he won't do everything "you" want him to do but I'm sure he will try to do what he thinks is best for America.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump is compromised   Trump is compromised - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trump is compromised
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2