Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Trump got the Christians! Damn that's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Quote :
Excess will win, in America. Always.

Tom Cruise is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 12:04 am

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 1024x1024

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Obviouly as much as i love the US now that it purged itself, Ill not be able to bypass my own selfvaluing for glorification of the US over all else. That to me is pettiness. Make America Great AGAIN - cause right now it is far from.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Parodites wrote:
Wall Street and the stock market respond to security. When Trump won it plummeted for a day because they like secure bets and everyone was betting on Clinton. But after seeing for a while that Trump is not actually insane and was acting normally and being gracious, security was restored and everything went up. Also, settling is not an agreement to wrong-doing. Ie. he's the president now and doesn't have time to go through the court system arguing with people unsatisfied with him.

Marx says the mode of production creates a social structure that conditions subjectivity and establishes a class struggle, alienating individuals from the totality of human nature carried by the species- this alienation is codified by the division of labor- Marx thinks we are all philosophers, lawyers, poets, farmers and doctors all at once and we are simply forced to enter limited specific social roles because of all this. Smith says there exists a free market in which competition determines the class struggle and division of labor, and in a kind of opposite view goes on to say that, instead of being everything in essence and that we can only be limited socially, that we are nothing in essence and can only gain socially, theoretically gaining in all roles just as in Marx we can theoretically be excluded from all roles.

In reality, going off Braudel and world-systems, I recognize that geography and climate dictate the existence of certain zones on the earth that are naturally conducive only to slave labor and mining, and temperate zones like feudal Europe for industry. Then with America an inter-regional continent was found for the first time. The feudal state could only become a hub of export and import internationally between those specific slave/labor and industrial zones, and thus the nobility could not collect excess goods from the serfdom that it could export and turn into profit- the feudal state was a hub of import and export from the mining and raw goods of a slave zone to a temperate industrial zone, and fueled itself with the raw goods in order to keep the serfdom producing. All the feudal state could do is take things produced in a slave zone, and acting as a hub export them to a temperate zone where they made shit with them, taking a sample of the materials themselves and fueling their serfdom; but the colonists exploited American geography and instead of just doing that produced something like tobacco in one inter-regional zone, moved it to another zone in the region, ie. the north, and colonialized the region, utilized its inter-regional disparities to create a surplus value, goods that the colonists did not require themselves and could export to other places in the world. The essence of capitalistic profit is this, that the profit can be reserved and compounded and is exportable, as was this tertiary capital the colonists were producing and could freely export. A colony can only exist in this sense, as a pseudo-independence inter-regional economy producing excess exportable tertiary capital. It is not physically possible to produce such a colony in a zone like Africa that is conducive only to slave-labor and mining.

Here is my understanding of what you are saying: the point is that when the structure is collapsed into a single state, with various colonies, it becomes the case that the same people who receive resources and goods from 'southern' zones are basically unable to use all of that stuff, resources and things produced with it, or rather that they do not need to use it all, thus creating an excess that becomes exportable as true surplus. In Europe the industrial centers were far enough away from the resource and raw material-rich centers that it was basically entirely different people, cultures, needs and wants, in each center or 'zone', so whatever came into a zone was pretty much just used up right away by that zone's people. Whereas in the US, it was more or less the same people who were occupying different zones, "Americans", and as resources flowed into a certain zone that zone did not need to consume all of the products of those resources, or as goods like tobacco are made in one zone that zone itself can't absorb all that tobacco for itself, so the surplus is literally an extra, "free" profit because it comes at no lost opportunity cost.

I am still a little hazy on this setup though. What I don't understand is, what is it specifically that makes the US setup so fundamentally different from the same logical setup (of various zones) that occurred in Europe? Was it the vastness of the untamed wilderness, the access to two oceans, or is it just the fact that all this geographic variety was concentrated into a single nation? And if it is this latter, then why specifically is that so important, so fundamentally different than geographic variety spread out among different nations in trade with one another?

Quote :
Every human has a working-value, a basic life-energy or essence capable of sustaining existence- their single organic existence and which conditions subjectivity instead of the superstructure and mode of production: poiesis is when labor is performed by a subjectivity conformed to the limitation of its basic life-energy.

But with the discovery of the new continent, an interregional system appeared because of our geography and slavery was used to produce surplus value. A social-economic system "colonialism" and later "globalism" emerged with that which convinced man to absorb his working-value into surplus value giving the illusion of an expandability to working value, that an individual could extend his existence beyond the essence of his humanity, beyond that working-value, an illusion which conditions subjectivity.

Fuck, yes this makes sense. People today work the way they do because, quite literally, they "believe" on some level that it expands their humanity and centers their existence. We subjectively-speaking "push" ourselves into our own existence through our work. This is similar to my insight that subjectivity associates its experiences and objects with itself, that it literally takes these as extensions of its own being. Adding your notions of both poiesis and modern work (work as non-poiesis) we see that subjectivity tries to live and extent itself through object-gathering and "working" which is just a kind of half-immersion in the external world in order to partially merge oneself with that world, making it a little easier to self-associate those objects and experiences of our lives with ourselves, with our primary identity.

Poiesis would occur if this same working situation were such that the same locale in which work is performed were fully absorbing the value and consequences of that work-effort, such as for example on a farm: on a farm you have work performed in a locale, that locale absorbs all the work-effort entirely, producing crops, some of which are consumed by the farmer and the rest are a pure excess exportable as free profit. Of course the farmer must also invest 14-16 hours a day into this sort of work, so there is a certain opportunity cost to that kind of work; human being fully integrated with its economic-social locale, such as on farms, can produce pure excess as profit as well as fully sustain themselves, but that doesn't seem to leave anywhere else to go for the farmer-human. This is basically his life, with little or no room for change or difference, for existential growth.

Farmers are probably some of the happiest people on earth, I would think. Whereas workers in cities or whatever else, basically sell their poiesis capacity in exchange for "time" which they earn as a pure excess bled off from the distorted structure that exists between the individual worker and the world-society in which he is working, his "job" which is not locally-grounded nor self-sufficient; the modern job basically introduces skew into work-effort, siphoning away work-effort from the individual and his locale of production and life, and the gain here is that the worker is able to 'clock out' at the end of the day with gain of time. Existentially displaced modern jobs self-dislocate the individual from his own work-effort and locale-environment, and like pulling apart an atom there are released some opposite forces here: "time", which the worker absorbs in the form of clocking out at the end of the fixed hours day, and surplus from the perspective of the job-machinery and company, this surplus is basically the fact that the work-effort of the worker isn't being reabsorbed back into that worker's own life and locale, and is now free to be absorbed by the company as a pure excess.

Companies take that free surplus as excessive, redirected individual work-effort and use it as a raw resource to transform material processes, creating goods and services. Each company is like a little colony, or a cell within an organism. Workers are the mitochondria, while material are shipped into the cell and the workers "work on"them, pulling apart poiesis and releasing "atomic" energy in that, in the form of a dual particle pair production of Surplus Time and Surplus Work-effort, or "potential and kinetic energy". The company traps the kinetic energy in the form of goods and services which are produced and then exported as a pure profit. The production cost of the product or service is paid as wages to workers, which is the cost of workers continuing to remain a flesh workforce reproducing itself over time and always willing to be atomically pulled apart its own poiesis power in nuclear reactions.

If the worker uses his surplus time well, he can consider the trade off worth it; if he does not use it well, then clearly it is not worth it, and he should have been a farmer instead.

Last edited by Capable on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Trump used European nations as examples of how to get shit done properly. There is no future for an America that tries to cut itself off from its roots. Forget that United Americas shit -- I threw it out soon as I read words against Europe. The US is in a sense also merely a province of Rome. Even alone in that it would never dare to piss off the pope.

Itll need the nationalist populist movements in Europe that inspires Trumps methods.

Allies are in Europe, more than anywhere else - Trump makes it clear he knows this.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Trump used European nations as examples of how to get shit done properly. There is no future for an America that tries to cut itself off from its roots. Forget that United Americas shit -- I threw it out soon as I read words against Europe. The US is in a sense also merely a province of Rome. Even alone in that it would never dare to piss off the pope.

Itll need the nationalist populist movements in Europe that inspires Trumps methods.

Allies are in Europe, more than anywhere else - Trump makes it clear he knows this.

Neither Europe nor America could survive without the other.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Glad we agree.
Last thing we can afford now is isolationism. Trumps victory makes natural valuebased networking possible.

Maybe the biggest question in Europe is whether Germany or France is going to come out on top next.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Whoa

I talked to an artist this morning about politics and VO and he told me is a citizen of Asgardia. I had no idea what that is. It's this.

https://asgardia.space/
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 3:24 pm

In answering my own question as to Parodites' insight about the logical structure of economy and its condensation into a single nation, America, I think this must have produced fundamentally a different kind of surplus for the reason of efficiency: if you imagine the extended logically structure spread out across all of Europe and extending down into Africa, ME and Asia, compared to that same structure more or less replicated as contained entirely in the US geographic borders, three primary efficiencies for America as opposed to Europe come to mind: 1) decrease in space required to be traversed means less logistical cost and complexity, as well as increase in available time, 2) decrease number of people (total population) in all the regional zones which means hugely decreased cost and complexity, and 3) a cultural and linguistic homogeneity across the economic that simply didn't exist for Europe.

All those efficiencies translated into what in Europe produced a basically stable and slowly expanding "filled in" economic space, but wherein any excess produced was almost entirely absorbed by that system itself or simply stolen by the upper echelon of the political class, in America actually gave rise to a fucking surplus, a pure excess that as Parodites says was exportable in many ways; south to north, west to east, and then also off continent via either ocean.

Fuck. This all makes perfect sense.

Last edited by Capable on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:
Whoa

I talked to an artist this morning about politics and VO and he told me is a citizen of Asgardia. I had no idea what that is. It's this.

https://asgardia.space/

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 pm

It makes perfect sense. Id still argue as you did earlier, that it's not unique to the US entirely - Italy or another country that both as a wage slave system (Mafia controlled factories with Chinese workers) and a rich environment can do this. There's a compelling case for the origins of Roman power as simply geological, climatological. The US was an immensely rich continent. Almost nothing of its primordial richness is left, all of it went into industry. This is why the mentality of excess allowed it even to shed its own industries like autumn leaves, just counting on new industries to emerge - and this does indeed happen. A spirit of growth was created.

What's clear is the the EU did neither achieve nor aim for such an internalized world - it is simply a blunt mechanism of clinching, precisely like in a boxing match where the opponents are too afraid to take open range. We could remake the EU by applying Parodites system.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:02 pm

No, there's the language gap.
But its not that bad. Everyone with an intellectual job in Europe speaks English anyway.
What was lacking before is brotherhood. A feeling of one ness of being one people -
but when the populist nationalists win, our Trumps, a common sentiment of joy that represents a European selfvaluing will paradoxically emerge.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Trump has everyone by the balls--- ha. He makes one tweet about how he think Farage would be a good ambassador, and everyone is in an uproar, the British parliament has to get involved, the prime minister has to make a statement, all because he posted "hey this guy would do a great job" on fucking Twitter. Lol.

Seriously, what a badass. The media hasn't figured out that the only way they have to fight back is to stop giving him any attention of response... too late now, even if they every did figure that out, which they won't.

Plus all these stories now about his businesses and conflict of interest. I heard an "expert" go on for 5 minutes about all the possible scenarios and laws and how Trump could do this or that, how we should respond in the courts or whatever, and then at the very end he says "Trump's transition team is studying his various options and say they will get back to us after they do". Haha, what the fuck, so the whole story is basically "Trump is studying the issue and will have an answer once he is finished doing that", but the media has to turn that into a 5 minute rant about scaring us into thinking Trump is some kind of Huge Problem somehow, without every saying how other than "well he could curry some favors from foreign governments in whose lands he holds real estate". Yeah, no shit, that would be pretty cool if he were to use his business interests in Argentina or India or wherever else to actually get something positive back for the US.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:44 pm

"He a man."

~ Avon Barksdale

Revaluation of bitchvalues.

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 1enqq3
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 7:55 am

Without a doubt, some people need to be bitch-slapped.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Looks like we now see into the heart of Jill Stein and her Green Party, she wants to force recounts against Trump due to possible voter machine hacking. Never mind that Hillary Clinton has been doing voter machine hacking for years.

They want to look at rates of Trump votes at polling sites with and without electronic voting machines, nevermind that exit polling has already revealed Hillary's crimes here. Trump got over 300 electoral votes, Clinton got something like 220? Lol.

Fuck Jill Stein. We're all sick of this false sanctimonious neo-liberalism and selective ADHD when it comes to corruption in politics. But these "liberals" are babies and it would be irrational to expect a baby to behave in any way other than ...a baby.

American excess is shifting around according to natural law and trying to find a way out of the muck. But babies seem to prefer muck to reality.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Yeah, I was very disappointed when I first saw that. I guess Jill needs to be bitch-slapped too.

But then she is a socialist so that links her with Clinton. I thought she was a fresh mind. My mistake.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Their mentality is one for servants: to simply live off other's excesses, as Fixed pointed out is the case with Canada. "Socialism" is simply servant-logic. (Not so) ironically, only those who want to have servants, and not those who want to serve, seem to prefer socialism.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 3:07 pm

I think Jill Stein simply has her valuing-wheel broken when Trump won. I've seen this happen to others too now. They're desperate to do something, anything, to repair the damage... we'll anything other than look simply at reality, I guess.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 3:08 pm

Credit to Zizek, whose valuing-wheel wasn't broken by Trump.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Capable wrote:
I think Jill Stein simply has her valuing-wheel broken when Trump won. I've seen this happen to others too now. They're desperate to do something, anything, to repair the damage... we'll anything other than look simply at reality, I guess.

Steins cash/morality mind is like Pablo Escobar. I hope she doesn't get the chance of completely running the nation into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Sisyphus wrote:
Yeah, I was very disappointed when I first saw that.  I guess Jill needs to be bitch-slapped too.

But then she is a socialist so that links her with Clinton.  I thought she was a fresh mind.  My mistake.

She's evidently property of the same people that imprisoned Kanye West for being in favor of Trump. Full blown fascism tries desperately to turn the tide to its favor. We need to keep vigilant and prevent these nazis from advancing again.

https://i.imgflip.com/1etqda.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:

She's evidently property of the same people that imprisoned Kanye West for being in favor of Trump. Full blown fascism tries desperately to turn the tide to its favor. We need to keep vigilant and prevent these nazis from advancing again.

I tried that on one site and my two posts were deleted and I was invited to leave. So I left.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 6:02 pm

They're very pathetic and evil. Also look at what is happening in Europe.

Turkey has been blackmailing the EU with the refugees in order to gain entry to the EU. Now the Brussels parliament has voted against it and Turkey threatens to unleash all the refugees it can on Europe... as I often  said, this is the continuation of Worlds War 1, the Ottoman Empire supposedly was dismantled but no one managed to take control, so now it is regrouping. In its third attempt to conquer Europe it has already succeeded, now it is to be seen how long the resulting war will last. There is no value in these countries like Holland, Belgium, Germany, because they have been erased from existence culturally. They have submitted. That is the literal translation of 'islam'. Submission. Its also the name of the film by the filmmaker Theo van Gogh (Vincents kin) who was then ritually butchered around the corner where I lived, thankfully not anymore.

One day we will strike back. But now, my battle is talking sense into my family back there. This is working, better than I feared. Thankfully my family did not turn against me when I spoke my mind. In fact they went from irritation and a bit of shock to appreciation and a distinct note of interest after I talked to them in a video in my mothers tongue.

"Talking helps." - Tony Soprano

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream
Page 17 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next