Before The Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.'

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

: 8696

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Yes, it's civil war - as we saw on election night and beyond, Trumps win is enough for about a hundred million Americans to just give up on the Constitution and demand anarchy and rule of mob.

Its not surprising, these are the Last Man, to the very last detail, and their will is to cover the Earth and drive out all potential for heights and depths.

They will not stop, they arent beings but functions, precisely like Terminators.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

: 6982

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 pm

A civil war of words, ideas and values, fought on the battleground of emotions and the internet.

It requires that we descend to the level of chimps throwing feces at each other. Not the work for civilized people. Civilization itself has broken down, if ever it existed, which is the real problem here. This requires that we "choose a side", which is another banality. Choosing a side means accepting whatever madness and error also lies in that side, for the sake of opposing an enemy. But for a philosopher such a thing is the height of irrationality and non-existence. This is precisely why philosophy removes itself from the political.

Only dumb beasts in the wild can love a principle of self-denial and non-existence for the sake of wielding a slightly larger stick than the other guy.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:44 pm

I consider Trumps victory the fruit of the actions of people like myself, who have fought against fascism all their lives.
It is clear that we have different perspectives here. Philosophy requires of me that I write, I spend 8 hours writing every day at the very least, and about 2 or 3 of those hours go into defeating those that would make philosophy and literacy itself impossible.

We will win, but it will be a long nasty fight. Ive already made peace with that.

After all we're not even halfway the timeline I set when I devised VO. And for an event like these elections, followed by this radical attack on the Constitution to happen at this point in that timeline corroborates it to me.

Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Both the post-cold war republican and the democratic party ideologies are absurd, Trump has broken with both of these.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm

My position is simple: that I don't care about the surfaces, I want the depths of the problems. In this case the problem is that human beings cannot think and do not want to think. So I'll focus my energy on fixing that.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 2:39 pm

I think the difference between depth and surface is arbitrary. The surface is a reflection of the depth.

VO is a method of improved thought, once it takes hold of the depth it also changes the surface.

My method is to teach people to think in terms of deep-values. But I recognize nazis and other idiots by the behavior of their surface, such as genocide.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 4:15 pm

I agree VO is very good for helping here. But I don't think the difference between surface and depth is arbitrary. You're right that surface reflects depth, or lack thereof, but my point is just that we need to aim our efforts at depths-spaces and not so much at surface-spaces. Doing a lot of concerted effort and work with politics directly, for instance, is in my opinion aiming at the surface. It is important that this work get done, but leave it for people who aren't able to aim at the depths. Non-philosophical good people can contribute well at surface levels, while the more significant thinkers should only try to change things deeply.

There are many examples I could use here, I'm trying to work them into my new book. One easy example is that instead of aligning ourselves to a certain paradigm or party political position or outlook we should be laying all paradigms and positions and outlooks down in front of our more objective and critical, philosophical mentality to start to dissect these and then rank-order them. Obviously I'm not anti-Trump anymore, but I still see too many problems with him and his movement and team that I can't simply align myself to him or what he is doing, as a philosopher I must go beyond that mere alignment-to and treat all positions before my philosophical critical will; philosophy must never be satisfied with anything less than perfection, for it is perfection that drives us toward truth. Not being unrealistic at all of course, but once we stop caring that something is imperfect and we simply give ourselves over to it regardless, it's not possible anymore to do philosophy. This is why truly and noble revolutionary movements turn into fascist regimes, for example.

If I were to get behind Trump and all his people 100% and simply see things from the lens he and his paradigm sees them, then I would no longer be a philosopher. And besides, to truly diagnose a problem we must ascertain disease and not merely symptoms; all this political bullshit today is mostly symptoms, I am a physician of the Existentia who wants to know the real causes, identify the actual disease rather than wrestle with symptoms. I'm not here to prescribe Tylenol, I'm here to do MRIs and CAT scans.

And the true problem as I can tell so far is relatively simple to diagnose: people don't know how to think well, and they do not want to think well or at all; they suffer from a very small and damaged-limited subjectivity. All the Trump's in the world aren't going to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Yes, I am almost as proud of my extensive track record of teaching people to think, as I am of devising a logic that is superior to what mankind has used until I came around. I already am assured of deep influence for millennia. I cant get deeper with my influence, so now I aim also for thrust.

I address politics in this sense; where the vast majority of humans will never be made to think, almost all of them can be made to feel. That is another power VO provides, de-frosting hearts. My political writing is aimed mostly at that. Despite most peoples inability for abstract logic, they can still learn integrity.

All Clinton supporters lack a basic emotive integrity. You cant look at that woman with a functioning emotive apparatus and not feel pure soul-death. Most city-dwellers have been shut off emotionally. Their indignant rants after the elections weren't emotions, not discernible ones anyway, they were a kind of primordial pre-emotional burping. No way such people will ever have a thought. But they can be made to feel, to be human, or at least animal. Raise them from the dead!
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 6:04 pm

I think that a human can not think if he can not emote.
Being able to discern emotions from each other (which in all seriousness, the people posting their crisis reactions to Trump really aren't) is a requirement for discerning oneself, and in my experience, thought isnt possible without that.

All philosophical thought has concerned the relation of the thought and the thinking entity. It took Nietzsche to realize that both are dependent on the same - consistency. It took me to turn that consistency into a formal logic, so that we can actually create it.

Since the summer of 2011 Ive been creating consistency around me, and with that, the potential for thought. I don't think there is a great pleasure than to bring into being an entity by subjecting a quasi-entity to 'the philosopher'; myself at my full capacity.

Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 6:06 pm

I agree, and I actually think that thinking and feeling are basically the same thing. I am working on elaborating this at the moment.

Agreed about these people who were so upset that Trump won, it is pure reactionary unthoughtfulness. Hurt feelings, basically, and a sense of violated values. In the sense that a person is not entirely responsible for the values he holds, we can forgive some of this, for even questionable values should be adhered to as self-valuing, and many of these people simply do not have the "opportunity" to live and be in such a way as to have better quality values-substances... yet they can still self-value with what they have.

The difference between emotions and ideas, I think, comes down to the fact that ideas mount through themselves and create mini-subjectivity structure, like meta-perspectives as tornados, whereas emotions spread out like oceans. Emotions have depths, but they are not summative in the same way the idea-depths are. Emotions can become more idea-like, and ideas can become more emotion-like, this is what philosophy achieves.

Yes we should try to teach integrity, whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Capable wrote:
I agree, and I actually think that thinking and feeling are basically the same thing. I am working on elaborating this at the moment.

[...]

The difference between emotions and ideas, I think, comes down to the fact that ideas mount through themselves and create mini-subjectivity structure, like meta-perspectives as tornados, whereas emotions spread out like oceans. Emotions have depths, but they are not summative in the same way the idea-depths are. Emotions can become more idea-like, and ideas can become more emotion-like, this is what philosophy achieves.

Indeed, as they both substantiate, they are more able to see their own reflection in each other - ultimately they value themselves through each other.

To begin with emotion is usually necessary, as indeed emotional depth is more effortless, 'just the case' like an ocean, whereas intellectual depth is indeed a whirling (fire)storm - it is the phenomenon of Depth itself that binds the two, and allows them, in their fulfillment and justification, to amount in the same full-fledged consciousness.

Quote :
Agreed about these people who were so upset that Trump won, it is pure reactionary unthoughtfulness. Hurt feelings, basically, and a sense of violated values. In the sense that a person is not entirely responsible for the values he holds, we can forgive some of this, for even questionable values should be adhered to as self-valuing, and many of these people simply do not have the "opportunity" to live and be in such a way as to have better quality values-substances... yet they can still self-value with what they have.

That is absolutely true, this "Opportunity" is the very thing I mean to offer them, through basically providing the oversoul, the environment, for a selfvaluing to come into being.

Here also we see how "equal opportunity" is entirely impossible - opportunity arises when the inner and the outer coincide. The inner is invisible and uncontrollable, we can only maximize the potential of the environment.

Quote :
Yes we should try to teach integrity, whenever possible.

Id speak with Yoda - there is no try, there is do or do not -
and this is the advantage of the internet - one can speak with the certainty of being understood, simply because the locus of the text is part of the most fluid, opportune and unpredictable medium nature has devised. A definitive value carrying phrase or section will attract, through unfathomable value-physics, the reader who is pining for that value.

The search engine is the most powerful computing function - it adds unbelievable power and breadth to our valuing. Most people are less deep than the internet though, this is why the internet has to come out and help them - internet philosophy is this very out-reaching consistency.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah it's simply that academia plays no part in what we do here. Thus we are free, as thinkers ought to be.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:24 pm

I think there is a huge standing wave of possibility right now, in the western world. The wave keeps growing, someday it will actualize ("quantize") into philosophy on the social scale.

By that I mean into a thinking-capacity.

The daemonic tensions keep stretching; this is the wave about to break.

Last edited by Capable on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 8:26 pm

It will break upon the shore of the logical necessity for it to no longer be what it has been. I think Trump is part of this actualization process.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Will Trump rescue America from fascism?

Let's hope so. Let's wait and see.

He may need to oppose the massive leftist-global fascism with some home-school righty smalltime fascists for a while, just to get things moving.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

: 1649

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 6:44 am

Capable wrote:
Will Trump rescue America from fascism?

Let's hope so. Let's wait and see.

He may need to oppose the massive leftist-global fascism with some home-school righty smalltime fascists for a while, just to get things moving.

I have not spoke about this concept here yet so here goes:

For many years now I have stated that America was headed toward fascism. Not the Hitler's Germany style but more at government for industry and the people for the government.

This is ultimately what caused me to declare myself an Anarchist.

I don't know if Trump is capable of making any changes. Remember, he is a free-market Capitalist.
Back to top Go down
individualized
Tower
Tower
individualized

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 am

Free market capitalism isn't the enemy. The problem is that laws that exist are irrational to either favor certain groups or types of companies or individuals as well as the laws fail to enforce a truly equal playing field economically; remember that a true free market capitalism requires government to minimally enforce the equal playing field, this requires minimal targeted laws.

Equal playing field is necessary, but not sufficient, for a fascism-free society. Since America sort of has free market capitalism (although not really anymore) we need to see why that alone isn't sufficient: it's because the idea of equal playing field should theoretically guarantee that the best idea win, however in reality it means that those ideas win which are best able to cause the most people to act on their behalf, to purchase their product. Putting cancer in food isn't a good idea, but it works in a free market capitalism because most people don't know or care that there is cancer in their food so long as the food tastes good. That's the "magic hand of the free market" at work. Of course in a truly free market other companies could out-compete the cancer food with real food, but again most people seem to like cancer food therefore the problem is deeper and one of desire, which therefore short-circuits free markets.

Basically we need intelligent and aware citizenry. This goes back to my point about how all the Trumps in the world can't change the fact that most people don't know how to think and don't want to think. However, Trump can still do some good. Remember he is a Sign of larger socio-historical 'metaphysical' process. In any case he has opposed the liberal-global massive fascism and shown that democracy can work to do that. I think he will do good things, and a few stupid things, but overall help to shift the paradigm from slavery to freedom, at least I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 am

I think we are pretty much in agreement here.

About 80% of our laws need be thrown in the trash can.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm

No indeed Trump will not play a part in raising the citizenrys intelligence. That is up to "us", philosophers and kind.

Valuable to note: Education of Citizenry is traditionally a left wing ideal. Clearly, todays education is defected.

It has now become part of my or in as far as that interests, our task to reformulate the Lefts Education ideal.
Back to top Go down
Sisyphus
Path
Path

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Yep. I still hold education as very important. And actually, education and health care are two aspects of society that I still feel should be socialized. However, government should not have its hands in education but should have its hands in managing socialized health care. (But not the way Obama did it.)
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 5:57 pm

I am no expect but I would put money on the premise that 90 percent of the money spent on healthcare is at best wasted, at worst the cause of more insidious diseases and damage to the immune system.

My policy would be to extend free basic healthcare to every citizen, no insurance or taxation, and then put insurance plans on the market for more complicated health issues.

Mandatory insurance is outright tyranny.

Education needs to be secular and rational, so the state does have to set some limits, but not in the capacity of today - it needs to demand certain useful results, such as a working knowledge of the worlds geography and topography, basic physics, chemistry, biology, basic math, of course, and maybe two or three languages. Of course important too is a class of world history, to be able to place events and values in context.

Philosophy is a talent, it cant be taught, it is the inclination to ask oneself about the very foundations of ones own asking, its rare. But it has a greater chance to come to fruition in an environment of information and true method.

Im not managing to get to a succinct point. Not yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 pm

No Fine Arts? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 7:35 pm

Yes, most certainly, I didnt try for an exclusive list.

Crafts too, in school we also need to learn basic handiwork like building circuits and cleaning wounds, I'd say. That just makes for a wider range of options in the mind and the soul.
Back to top Go down
Fixed Cross
Tower
Tower
Fixed Cross

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Damn.
If I were a Turkish or Iranian defense secretary I'd be sitting uneasily in my chair.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/12/01/report-donald-trump-selects-mad-dog-james-mattis-for-defense-secretary/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Hands-on skills are definitely needed and coordination training as well. Kids who remain gangly never enjoy many physical activities and that affects their socialization skills as well as their overall self-confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream   Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trump and Metaphysics: A Continuing Thought-stream
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next